It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the book "the da vinci deception"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"the da vinci deception" is a question-and-answer type book that attempts to completely debunk dan brown's novel, "the da vinci code"...
the facts in this book do just that...

this is a must-read (or just research this for yourself on the internet) for anyone who believes in dan brown's conspiracy theory...

the only problem that i have with "the da vinci deception" is that the author's push the christian agenda...

but, what would one expect from the catholic exchange

it is ironic though that this book makes me want to read (and see the movie) "the da vinci code"...

[edit on 27-4-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I actually just bought "the da vinci code" a few days ago, as it was on sale. As soon as I find Angels&Demons, I'm going to read the pair of them and see what all the hype is about. I also bought the book the Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, whose authors recently unsuccessfully tried to sue Dan Brown for plagiarizing their work. Maybe I'll go the whole nine yards and get the da vinci deception, too, hehe.

Still, I cannot help but wonder at how people can just assume that everything in a NOVEL, a.k.a a FICTION book, like the Da Vinci Code, is automatically true. While I have not yet read it, I fully expect to find a mixture of both fact and fiction in this book. According to Brown, it was quite well researched, so there's probably a fair amount that is historical, but a lot of the stuff that is apparently in there is either 'alternative' historical interpretations, or just plain made up by the author to make a good story.

I'll have to ask my mom about what she thought of the Da Vinci Code's research. She read the book and is a history expert.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
According to Brown, it was quite well researched, so there's probably a fair amount that is historical, but a lot of the stuff that is apparently in there is either 'alternative' historical interpretations, or just plain made up by the author to make a good story.

o0o yes...

i want to read "angels and demons" too...

as far as this "research" is concerned, there is an actual "fact" page in the beginning of the novel!!!

but, these "facts" are not factual (interesting, huh???) or they are listed as "facts," and used in a non-factual way (example: misquoting and etc)...

i am glad you said "According to Brown, it was quite well researched"...

because it is a lie (that's why it came out of brown's mouth)...

i hope this helps...

[edit on 27-4-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Dan Brown is a decent writer in that his books are fast paced. I enjoyed Da Vinci Code. But remember, it's a novel (work of fiction) and is meant for entertainment purposes.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Dan Brown is a decent writer in that his books are fast paced. I enjoyed Da Vinci Code. But remember, it's a novel (work of fiction) and is meant for entertainment purposes.

yes...

good advice (that alot of people need to hear)...

thank you...

top topics

join