It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder Iran has suddenly become brazen; they have just received the brand new BM-25’s…

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Surprise, surprise, the U.S. government has "concluded" that Iran is now the #1 sponsor of terrorists in the world.

Speaking as an American, our propaganda would be more entertaining if it weren't so predictable.

US says Iran top terror sponsor
Iranians sign agreement to carry out suicide attacks against Israel
Iran has made clear its support for suicide bombings in Israel
Iran is "the most active state sponsor of terrorism", according to the US state department's annual report on world terrorism.

It finds that Iran's Revolutionary Guards and intelligence ministry are directly involved in planning and supporting terrorist acts.

There was no immediate response from Tehran which is locked in a row with the US over its nuclear programme.....

Full article here:news.bbc.co.uk...

TCS

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
I wouldn't be surprised if Iran already is in the posession of nuclear weapons.

Here and there quite some kilos plutonium are missing.

Guess who steals plutonium, corrupt governments, criminals, and terrorists. All for one purpose, to fund their terrorist activities and make money. Iran would surely be prepared to pay big money for some plutonium

Countries that have nuclear weaponry that hide the fact that they have nukes possibly? If its cheaper to buy it on the black market then it is to produce it, then why not buy it at a bargain price? It doesn't need to be processed or enriched as its ready to go. Why assume its a terrorist organization or Iran? Maybe it was India, maybe Pakistan, maybe Israel or N. Korea bought it. Thats kind of silly to assume it could just be terrorists, criminals or Iran. It could be a myriad of possibilities. Do you think Israel got all its nuclear ability through legal channels if they don't even acknowledge that they have WOMD?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
"The Extremist [Conservatives] in Iran Have Launched a New Effort to Prepare the Religious Grounds for Use of These Weapons"

Some of you are silly, when will you actually stop and believe the Iranians themselves? I just repeat what they say...

But dont believe me, watch the video...

Sharia says nukes OK!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpinDropSmile
Is anyone else a little confused as to what to Russians are doing? They are pretending to be this great mediator but then sell weapons to Iran (and anyone who can afford it.) Then they send up a spy Sat so that Isreal can spy on there friends (whatever!!) Iran. What is Russia thinking it could gain from a conflict they are indirectly trying to start. But then they have veto power to approve UN sanctions. I'm so confused. What are they try to pull. There is way too much going on in this world for anyone to catch-up before its too late.

To The Russian Government:
What the hell is going on over there?!!!"

Just look back at Putins career to understand what they are doing. KGB knew how to train their people.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Does anyone else feel that someone, somewhere - and I don't mean the obvious people/groups that we see everyday on television - is trying to maneuver the U.S. and Iran into miscalculation in order to bring about a wider, regional conflict involving more countries?

Am I paranoid?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
well it looks like the media is pulling out all the stops to ramp up the rhetoric for the attack on Iran. I'm wondering how many more excuses they can come up with for this coming war?

I still have some questions of my own though:

- how many nukes does Israel have?
- where is Israel's nukes aimed?
- what agreements has Israel signed in regards nuclear proliferation?
- when is Israel going to offer the world access to Dimona?

In any struggle you have to be able to trust your allies right? Where I'm not feeling a lot of trust these days.

After all, Israel stole the nuke tech from the US in the first place and then developed nukes on their own with no permission whatsoever of the world community and they don't answer to anybody for their actions.

This is not causing goodwill in the middle east that I can see.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpinDropSmile
Is anyone else a little confused as to what to Russians are doing? They are pretending to be this great mediator but then sell weapons to Iran (and anyone who can afford it.) Then they send up a spy Sat so that Isreal can spy on there friends (whatever!!) Iran. What is Russia thinking it could gain from a conflict they are indirectly trying to start. But then they have veto power to approve UN sanctions. I'm so confused. What are they try to pull. There is way too much going on in this world for anyone to catch-up before its too late.

To The Russian Government:
What the hell is going on over there?!!!"

This is exactly what I was thinking also. This particular point is important. Russia is slowly but surely building allies everywhere. For what though? War? Or just trading partners?

Then again we were also financing the Afganis when the Soviet Union was fighting them. I guess that is not much of a difference. But still is does not make sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
This is exactly what I was thinking also. This particular point is important. Russia is slowly but surely building allies everywhere. For what though? War? Or just trading partners?

Then again we were also financing the Afganis when the Soviet Union was fighting them. I guess that is not much of a difference. But still is does not make sense.

They are taking advantage of our drop in popularity at the moment, which is smart on their part. They are building bridges while this administration breaks them down. The rhetoric from the supporters of this administration is an example of their idea of foreign policy. They don't care what the world thinks only that they want to accomplish what they want to accomplish and to hell with foreign public opinion, even tho the same people that we are snipping our noses at are the same people who buy our products and trade with us.

Pie

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
does anyone find this wierd?-
US funded and armed Iraq - Russia funded and armed Iran in the Iraq/Iran war.
Russia tried to invade Afghanistan and failed.
US is now in Afghanistan and Iraq...
...what is in between Afghanistan and Iraq?
-IRAN...
...or my better question= what the hell is in Iran?
is this a proxy war?
does the cold war still rage today and oil is the key to winning it because the little good that remains in our animilistic selves don't want mass destruction(nuclear war)?

my answer=
yes, the middle east is the staging ground for the final world war(if it does take place).
it's so simple... earth divided, different ways of life, and RESOURCES that power technology. if no wars ever occured, there wouldn't be borders. look at how many black lines you see on a globe. war is readily apparant to anyone to have been happening for a LONG, VERY LONG time now.
if you ask me, the US idea of life(freedom), was sent across the sea because we were nearly defeated in the east. look at how massive the east is compared to the west in land size.

we ran and now were back.

("my answer=" is fictional theory, 1 of many, on the current state of events, dont take it too seriously, heh...)

[edit on 28-4-2006 by chibidai_rrr]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
[edit on 28-4-2006 by chibidai_rrr]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So why are we affraid of this BM-25 ? it's range is less than any modern MLRS' which is what it is! a MLRS!

either that or i'm completely confused what vehicle you meant but I am pretty sure it aint a BM-25 unless they have a HUGE retrofit...

unless you meant the BM-22 which is about the Russian equiviliant of the American M270 MLRS.

There is always the BM-30 Smerch which is a heavy MLRS and it can potentionally deliver chemical weapons which would be of a much higher risk.

even a SCUD would be of more concern than a silly BM-25 since it's outdates Ruski equipment...

-Reads again-

Oh...aparently North Korea named their missiles BM-25...I guess they could be of greater concern then

[edit on 4/28/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses and particularly souljah for the response that was put rationally, and as a non one liner. My post came out of reading alot of threads like these that seem to be based on outright hatred not logic like alot of people are claiming. And i don't care what happens, but I was still curious as to why, just for the insite, not so I could rally against people who didn't view it like I do, just curiosity. Also, because china sold some nukes to a few insane dictators doesn't seem like the right reason to give it to more. With that said, I would like there to actually be a non-war solution, but I swear Iran is going out of it's way to avoid peace, there president seems like he wants one?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruggeder
I have a question, a serious question not a flame war. It seems everyone who wants Iran to have nukes also hates jews. Now I'm not jewish, and I don't really care what happens to Isreal or to the Jewish people in general anymore then I care what happens to the arab people, but I can't help but notice it. Is your hatred of jews the reason you want a country that hates jews to get a nuke? Or is it a bi-product of your natural hatred? I would like a serious response please, as it has been bothering me for a while, and something I'm sure others have noticed. Also for those that apparently want the destruction of america, is it because you think it's full of jews? Or is it because most americans don't want Isreal destroyed so you think we must be destroyed so you can eliminate all the jews? Thank you in advance for proper answers.

What do the Arabs have to do with this specific topic?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The most devastating possibility I see for this missile, would be to smuggle one armed with a nuke into Cuba on a freighter, launch it to 200 kilometers over central US, detonate it and watch the resulting ElectroMagneticPulse send us back to the 1880's in a billionth of a second!

I guess that's the problem with being such a technologically advanced society. It only takes one law of physics to completely ruin your day!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Skippy so what is our campaign, you just have to have America attack another country? Who cares if they threaten to Nuke Isreal, until they do they have not attacked us, or our allies, so why should we attack them? For talking loudly and carrying a big stick?

I dont want to be a part to this new America, pre-emptive attacks on other countries, torure, taking our rights, etc. WTF?!? I dont want to sponsor this world-wide terror campaign we are on. Crypes I cant believe I am paying taxes so we can do this to other people. Do you have any clue as to how much it sickens me that we are killing others in my countries name, while I go to work every day, not for the money. Not for the bennifets. I go there to make that little bit of difference in the world (playing with the siren is fun though) when you see the look on someones face when they think theyre dying, and they see me, look into my eyes and I wink. Instantly they are better, and have hope and start to try and recover.

How do I go to work and pay taxes that are used to grind people up and still feel good about things? There is a dark cloud over our nation, I fear after reading posts like Skippy's that negative forces have overtaken the positive, and we are now the bad guys.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
The most devastating possibility I see for this missile, would be to smuggle one armed with a nuke into Cuba on a freighter, launch it to 200 kilometers over central US, detonate it and watch the resulting ElectroMagneticPulse send us back to the 1880's in a billionth of a second!

I guess that's the problem with being such a technologically advanced society. It only takes one law of physics to completely ruin your day!

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Seems to me that this missile is perfect size to be fired from a freighter.

How far away would they need to be to hit .....say, Dallas (mid usa)?

Guatemala, Honduras, Cuba, gee Im sure none of these countries would be the least bit interested in helping them.....right? Then there is also, the Canadian border, and the Atlantic. Our security is so tight, especially on our borders (yes im being sarcastic) I have no worries at all.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is one of the biggest threat's to the United States as a whole that is out there. Worse than nuking one city, because you effectively send the country back to the 1880's (pre electricity), but worse yet, we're not set up to live in the 1880's. No steam powered mills, trains, factories, etc. So it might as well be back to the Stone Age!

For any that haven't seen it or would dismiss it out of hand, please see attached link of report to congress!

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ahaha wow seriously guys ( I am referring to the past couple of posters speaking of destroying our electrical grid). That scenarion, if it were even feasable, is just fantasy wishfulness. If it were even possible to do that, anyone who has nukes, very possible our European Allies as well, would have already done it. Seriously the ability to disable the Sole Mega Power on Earth using one weapon that several nations on Earth have, who are more capable of pulling off this fantasy scenario than Iran is, obviously would have been taken upon.

I would not even take these rediculous made up scenarios with any merit.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Why don't you argue it with the PHD's and Air Force General (that's 4 star) that authored the report to Congress. Or did you even read it?

By the way, you may want to work on your spelling. It would add a little validity to your post's!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

1. THEY are all insane
  2. WE , of course AREN'T
  3. THEY are brutal killers who don't care if they get nuked to the stone age in retailiation
  4. WE certainly aren't emplyoing double standards seeing as pakistan india and israel have the bomb already and don't get threatened all the time
  5. THEY cannot be talked to in a sensible way, they just won't listen
  6. WE are NOT hysterical, hinting at such is treason, and borders on terrorism !
  7. if all fails, THEY were into september 11 *snicker*
  8. but WE are wayy too smart to fall for such propaganda TWICE in a ROW are we?(hopefully :lol

just a quick scenario: timeframe ~ 1950, it's well known that Russia has nukes, now the Chinese want to ge them too, but the world throws a hissy fit, because China once said something unflattering about the Russians... absurd, right? Israel can most certainly fend for themselves.

Last but not least: afaics, some people could not care less if Iran was artificially vitrified and irradiated, but the alledegd threat of a bomb on Isreal makes them nervous to the point of advocating preemptive action.... may i ask if you'd care as much about, say Belarus, and if you'd consider (all else being equal) a bomb on Iran less horrible than one on Israel and if so, why?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join