It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder Iran has suddenly become brazen; they have just received the brand new BM-25’s…

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
And no, a “BM-25” isn’t the new roadster from BMW; it’s a Russian designed missile capable of hitting most of Europe. It even has a longer range than the Sahab – 4. It is also capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, odd seeing how Iran’s nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only…

Reuters via Iranfocus

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Iran has received a first shipment of missiles from North Korea that are capable of reaching Europe, Israel's military intelligence chief was quoted on Thursday as saying.

Known in the West as BM-25s, the Russian-designed missiles have a range of around 1,500 miles, giving them a longer reach than the Iranian-made Shihab-4 missiles which are capable of hitting Israel.

The intelligence chief, Major-General Amos Yadlin, was quoted by Israel's Haaretz newspaper as saying in a lecture on Wednesday that some BM-25s had arrived in Iran.

The BM-25 was originally manufactured in the Soviet Union, where it was known as the SSN6, a missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, Haaretz reported.

Jeez, I wonder how much “peaceful” uranium these missiles can carry?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Mmmm. Call me suspicious, but it seems clear as day to me that this timely item of news could only be designed to strike further fear into the sheepies ... so that they'll once again support the US/Israel in its ongoing, staged, 'wars on terra for profit and control' .

I mean we sheepies are so incredible gullible, dumb, cowardly, stupid, unquestioning and unthinking ... in the estimation of the zionist US/Israel.

How do you get sheepies to play along with the murder of entire nations?

Simple. Just tell them 'insignificant' little groups of 'foreigners' have highly dangerous weapons that can hurt the stupid sheepies.

Doesn't matter if the claims are TRUE !

As long as the sheepies believe they might be inconvenienced or even hurt a bit, then those sheepies will agree to bombing ANY country ... as long as it's not their own !

Let's face it, all the prostitute, satanic media and politicians need do is 'reveal' that the United Kingdom has 'weapons of mass destruction' that could knock out Hicksville USA .... and the UK would swiftly be regarded as part of the Axis of Evil too.

In time, the zionists will doubtless convince the donut-stuffed sheepies that Tasmania and New Zealand --- even Cocos Island -- have WMD too.

Then, when every nation on the globe has either surrendered to the zionist cabal or been bombed to dust, I guess the cabal will begin announcing that Arizona possesses WMD and requires to be exterminated. By then of course, the USA will have grown to include what was Canada and Mexico and South America.

Then it will be the Combined United Continent against Europe, and once again, the sheepies will be easily persuaded that Europe possesses WMD and must be eliminated.

Or maybe the sheepies will ONE day work out that we're *ALL* future targets for the maniacs who get their sexual thrills from Divide, Conquer and Destroy.

And will go on and on until there will be one ONE creature left standing there in the dust. WHO WILL IT BEEEEEEEEE ? Ooooo waaaaaa. Maybe it will be the much-touted anti-christ, who'll then repopulate the globe will the DNA they collected in Iceland not long ago ? Not that I object to that. Won't matter a bit to me. Hope to be Off-World and watching with amusement as I sip Heavenly Latte, long before then.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All the Iranians got to do now is get missiles that will reach the USA, then all the 'threatnin' will stop and then Iran can get back to the business of minding their own business.
Heck, they are probably working on that now, they know that Georgey boy won't pick on those who can fling a couple turds back. So that is what they will do.

George is accelerating the arming of Iran. They just want to 'bully proof' themselves.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

George is accelerating the arming of Iran. They just want to 'bully proof' themselves.

Um..No, they are positioning themselves to fulfill their desire the destroy Israel, just like they state every day. Why not listen to the Iranians themselves? They tell us daily what their intentions are.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

Mmmm. Call me suspicious, but it seems clear as day to me that this timely item of news could only be designed to strike further fear into the sheepies ... so that they'll once again support the US/Israel in its ongoing, staged, 'wars on terra for profit and control' .

Gee maybe if Iran would act a little more responsibly this whole issue might just go away. Nah! That would be too simple and then it couldn't be blamed on the US.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
(In response to skippytj's post above: )
It's inflammatory rhetoric, it's a good way to threaten the USA when they have no missiles that will reach the US.
They can hit Israel, and they use that fact to their advantage because they have no other threat to make to make the US back down, other than the rising cost of oil.

So they threaten Israel, simple as that.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Toadmund]

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Is anyone else a little confused as to what to Russians are doing? They are pretending to be this great mediator but then sell weapons to Iran (and anyone who can afford it.) Then they send up a spy Sat so that Isreal can spy on there friends (whatever!!) Iran. What is Russia thinking it could gain from a conflict they are indirectly trying to start. But then they have veto power to approve UN sanctions. I'm so confused. What are they try to pull. There is way too much going on in this world for anyone to catch-up before its too late.

To The Russian Government:
What the hell is going on over there?!!!"

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The Russians have learned the lessons of capitalism quickly. Play both sides against the middle and then you have two customers instead of one. Kind of reminds me of the movie "Lord of War". The Russians have a history of this as do the Germans, French, Italians and yes even the US.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
earlier today i read a different article, & the info they presented painted the
missiles in a different light...
www.turkishweekly.net...

Text: ...Some of the missiles, which have a range of 2,500 kilometers and are known in the West as BM-25, have already arrived in Iran...

...According to the report,
the new ground-to-ground missiles operate on liquid fuel.

...After the Soviet Union retired the missile from service,
they sold them to the North Koreans.
who developed them to carry a heavier payload, Haaretz said.

so, the sale of missiles was between NK & Iran...no Russians
then, the NK engineers just tweeked the missiles for more range & throw-weight

the missiles are actually obsolete, liquid fueled rockets
of little value in massive 1st strike surprise launches.
In addition, the increased throwweight is evidence that any warheads they
might have attached to them would not be nuclear or MIRV type warheads,
just larger conventional explosives.

imho, Iran is engaged in one-upmanship, impressing their neighbors as
opposed to reshaping the regional strategic balance.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How else are they supposed to defend their country if threatened?

How else is Russia supposed to make money selling weapons?

What, do you think they are just going to smear some uranium on the missile and suddenly, voila, it's nuclear?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the missiles are actually obsolete, liquid fueled rockets
of little value in massive 1st strike surprise launches.
In addition, the increased throwweight is evidence that any warheads they
might have attached to them would not be nuclear or MIRV type warheads,
just larger conventional explosives.

Ever think that the increased throw weight might be needed because Iran's first nuclear warheads might be kind of heavy and a little bulky? Missiles of this type are not accurate enough for conventional warheads. They are however accurate enough for nukes where accuracy is measured in miles instead of feet. As far as Iran getting these from North Korea, ever hear of a middle man? Since Iran already posseses missiles capable of hitting the countries surrounding her, how can these be anything other than offensive weapons?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

What, do you think they are just going to smear some uranium on the missile and suddenly, voila, it's nuclear?

1500 mile range missiles capable of carrying nukes ARE NOT DEFENSIVE weapons, they are very clearly offensive missiles. Iranian nukes that CANNOT reach the USA are not deterrents against the US’s nuclear weapons. Iran’s missiles are regional offensive weapons, plain as day.

Iran has been successful defending itself without nukes so far. The only reason they seek them now is for offensive attacks, which they threaten and talk about almost daily.

What’s a warning flag for you people? The very president of the place vows to "wipe Israel from the map" within months of announcing the ability to actually do it. What else do you guys need to understand this threat?

This isn’t some guy down the street threatening you because your kid stomped on his flower bed, this is the leader of a nation of people with nuclear capable missiles!!

Pull your heads out of the sand!

[edit on 27-4-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
skippy:

What’s a warning flag for you people? The very president of the place vows to "wipe Israel from the map" within months of announcing the ability to actually do it. What else do you guys need to understand this threat?

I'm not Israeli, and I have no responsibility to protect them, nor to care what happens to them. Ditto Burundi, Guam, the Marshall Islands.

This isn’t some guy down the street threatening you because your kid stomped on his flower bed, this is the leader of a nation of people with nuclear capable missiles!!

LOL! Nuclear capable missiles, omg! Go run and hide under your bed in fear! Ahhhhhh!

Iran’s missiles are regional offensive weapons, plain as day.

What are Israel's 300+? The United States'?

Oh, and they HAVE no nuclear missiles. No material to make one until they get a few thousand more centrifuges, so don't be so afraid of everything. Try to be brave.

-jakomo

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Which is it???.....this......

I'm not Israeli, and I have no responsibility to protect them, nor to care what happens to them. Ditto Burundi, Guam, the Marshall Islands.

or this.....

So Iran is the only country in the world you are concerened about and feel the need to defend? If you REALLY dont care about what happens to another country why bother to post? Or could it be that you pick and choose who you believe and who you defend.....which is exactly what you blame everyone else for doing? Its obvious you are NOT netural...which you seem to be claiming here but that you HAVE picked sides.

At least skippy and souljah are up front in their bias,,,they dont try to hide it.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

1500 mile range missiles capable of carrying nukes ARE NOT DEFENSIVE weapons, they are very clearly offensive missiles. Iranian nukes that CANNOT reach the USA are not deterrents against the US’s nuclear weapons. Iran’s missiles are regional offensive weapons, plain as day.

Iran has been successful defending itself without nukes so far. The only reason they seek them now is for offensive attacks, which they threaten and talk about almost daily.

Pull your heads out of the sand!

[edit on 27-4-2006 by skippytjc]

You can't win. If Israel vanished under a dozen mushroom clouds then the same people will just be bleating that "we pushed Iran into it!"

Anybody can see that Iran and their lunatic president are dangerous - enough of the tired old "so are the USA and Israel" rot. When did the US ever say another country shouldn't exist? Stop trying to turn it around all the time. When somebody threatens another country, is potentially developing the means to do it and has also just gotten hold of a delivery system, you have to say "enough is enough".

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Brazen because of a new offensive capability? I doubt it.

If anything, all they are doing is bolstering the case that the US makes indicating that Iran is a threat to the region. The kicker now is that the region includes Europe.

Europeans wouldn't give a flying fig if Iran struck out at US targets in the middle east after a pre-emptive strike on Iran. When those missiles detonate within crowded European cities, however, their tune will be much different.

It is much the same as Europe's relative indifference to the "threat" that Saddam posed. In truth, his "threat" was only truly visible to the U.S. The Europeans were comfortable simply waiting out the UN inspection process, even if it took decades.

If Ahmadinejad thinks that by threatening Europe as well, he is putting himself in a better geo-political situation, he's got another thing coming. While in the crosshairs of an agressive nation's ballistic missiles, even France will sanction action against Iran. It would be much better to play the role of the pacifist against the US's aggressive posturing and ask for European assistance in calming the Bush White House down, than it is to threaten Europe. Talk about playing into the hands of those who wish to pre-emptively strike.

Now if you are seeking to become the catalyst of Armageddon...well, that's a different story...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't understand what the problem is. If you and your family are threatened you would go out and seek some form of protection. If USA/Israel are threataning to invade her borders and attack, its pretty obvious Iran is going to go out and buy a gun to protect herself. Israel is going out and buying 3 nuclear capable submarines and I don't hear anyone making a big deal out of that! What does a small little country like that need with nuke capable submarines. Large countries don't even have a need for submarines! I fear the idea of submarines running around unfettered hidden deep in the ocean piloted by mossad agents more then I do Iranians who can't reach american soil with mid-range missiles.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Pieman,

I get the whole Israel has nukes, why can't everyone have them in the region to balance power argument.

I have always believed that Israel's possession of the bomb is one of the most inflammatory factors affecting the Middle East.

To my knowledge (which can be limited) Israel has not overtly threatened her neighbors with their nuclear weapons. I truly believe that their nuclear weapons are maintained as a deterrent and not an offensive option. It follows along the same lines of the doctor who works in an impoverished neighborhood and carries mace. That doctor has become a target because he/she has something those around him/her want...money. Israel is sitting on the holy land that everyone in the region has their eye on...the nukes are their mace to allow them to go about their daily lives.

Does it really seem feasible that without the military hardware (and yes the nukes) that the US has supplied to Israel, efforts to take the holy lands from Israel would never have happened? I doubt it. Without a credible and effective deterrent, Israel would probably not have made it from its inception to now. Everyone would have taken their shot at her. Heck, some have despite the deterrent.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
I get the whole Israel has nukes, why can't everyone have them in the region to balance power argument.

The theory of balance of power is older than the concept of nuclear weapons.
Balance of power does not require having nuclear weapons.
Just because Israel has nuclear weapons, does not mean that the balance of power has totally shifted, for there are a number of factors and categories related to balance of power theory--applied or hypothetical.

Since Iran, as with others that think Iran has the right to nuclear weapons, is allegedly pursuing nuclear weapons under the 'balance of power' rationale, the problem is that other nations will then look to offset Iran. Prime case and point, Saudi Arabia: Saudis consider nukes to achieve 'balance of terror' with Iran. Dandy, huh? Hey wait...lets just let every nation on the face of the planet acquire and build nuclear weapons? :shk:

I have always believed that Israel's possession of the bomb is one of the most inflammatory factors affecting the Middle East.

And I have always felt that Israel's possession "of the bomb" has kept it from being swamped and annihilated by the Arab hosts of the Middle East.

seekerof

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ah it all makes perfect sense. The Russians supply Iran with missiles that can reach Europe so Iran can nuke Europe and destroy all of Russia's gas and oil customers!

Good going me old ruskies buskies!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join