It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Guantanamo detainee is honored to be in that place.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
LINK


GUANTANAMO BAY U.S. NAVAL BASE, Cuba (Reuters) - An al Qaeda suspect told a U.S. military tribunal that he had fought against the United States and said on Thursday he was willing to spend the rest of his life in prison as a "matter of honor."

"I came here to tell you I did what I did and I'm willing to pay the price, no matter how many years you sentence me," said Ghassan Abdullah al Sharbi, a U.S.-educated Saudi who allegedly met al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden at a training camp in Afghanistan months before the September 11 attacks.

"Even if I spend hundreds of years in jail, that would be a matter of honor to me," he said.


Well he's honored to be there. You can't question that. Arrogant aint he, after spending a couple of years in that hell hole, guess he needs to be taught a lesson. Until he feels that honor aint so important to him anymore for his organization.



Need help fixing link thank you.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by deltaboy]

[edit on 27-4-2006 by deltaboy]

[edit on 4/27/2006 by 12m8keall2c]


[Mod Edit: Tag correction. If you have problems with a long link as above sometimes placing spaced between the tags and link name works: [url=http:www.etc.com] My Link [/url] -Jak]

[edit on 27/4/06 by JAK]




posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well he's honored to be there. You can't question that. Arrogant aint he, after spending a couple of years in that hell hole, guess he needs to be taught a lesson. Until he feels that honor aint so important to him anymore for his organization.


What are you advocating here? That he be beaten or something so that his stay isn't so honorable? I wouldn't say he is arrogant, I think he's just accepted his fate and is willing to pay the price. I do hope you are not advocating any illegal activity at the prison.



posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, let's hope that he gets honored every day for the rest of his life.


Along the same lines, I read once that some criminals in Iraq actually look forward to getting imprisoned in one of the US-run prisons, since the conditions are so much better than the life they are currently living.



posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
sounds like a POW to me.

Never forget - www.pownetwork.org...

Never forget who pays, so that others might profit. Its a damn shame, and I am really sick of it all.



posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Why is it that US educated Saudis always seem to be the ones facing off against the United States? I think its strange: go to the US and get a decent education then start a jihad against the country that educated you.

And its always saudis...........supposed key allies on the war against terror.



posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by enslaved83
Why is it that US educated Saudis always seem to be the ones facing off against the United States? I think its strange: go to the US and get a decent education then start a jihad against the country that educated you.

And its always saudis...........supposed key allies on the war against terror.



Thats always the case.... I hate the fact that US colleges will admit these people to studies here.


There was an incident where a Terrorist! was receiving US education! They can probably even get our government to pay for it for them
.



posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   


There was an incident where a Terrorist! was receiving US education! They can probably even get our government to pay for it for them
.


The Saudis are nothing but trouble. I desapise the royal family, rude, raicist, so sure of thir own importance and filthy stinking rich thanks to what lurks beneath their soil. Its amazing, most of the 9/11 hijackers were from this desert kingdom but the Bush government doesn't seem to care. I just hope their reserves run out soon and the 2% of the population who have all the cash get linched by the other 98% because all the money is gone and the one chance they had to develop their country has been squandered!

Its amazing, the US. UK all the Europeans countries will bend over backwards to please the Saudis and its all down to the oil they have. Like I siad before I hope it runs out then they will be nothing left to fund organisations like Al Queda.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join