It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drug 'Cheese' Found In North Texas Schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
None taken... Yeah I've seen the movies and read the papers ... I've also seen friends pass out and turn every color of the rainbow and have their stomach pumped because of a few hours of fun not realizing that they were barely clinging to life. I've had friends seize and foam at the mouth from the "great time that they were having" ... and many more other occurances and this was in a small town growing up so I can imagine the big cities and what is going on there were many more things are more readily available.

And I'm not saying that I have all of the answers I am far from that. And john_bmth I too did not listen to all that my parents said to me and I scoffed at what authorities said and warned.. and laughed because "Oh geezzz.. they're old what do they know !!! but I did have to learn my lessions the hard way ... from personal experiences.

Doing the drugs because it makes them feel good, yeah that is a major factor - but then you say to teach safe drug usage ... HOW!? do you teach safe usage of coc aine, herion, marijuana and all of the new party drugs that are out there ?? How do you get the children to want to come home and tell their parents - Hey you were around when alot of drugs were being used too ... Teach me how to be responsible when I decide to go out with my friends and shoot up or take pills etc?.. Please help me understand that ?? Is there a way ??

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have heard from a reliable source that this 'cheese' can be put under the finger nails and eaten as the occasion presents itself. Obviously it would be ingested this way, there are probably different forms of the drug as well.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oona
HOW!? do you teach safe usage of coc aine, herion, marijuana and all of the new party drugs that are out there ?? How do you get the children to want to come home and tell their parents - Hey you were around when alot of drugs were being used too ... Teach me how to be responsible when I decide to go out with my friends and shoot up or take pills etc?.. Please help me understand that ?? Is there a way ??

I'd say the first step is to understand the drugs yourself, rather than as an outside observer. You have grouped (maybe not purposely) a wide veriety of drugs together in one sentence, and implied that they all need the same method of education. I'll tell you now that my conversation with my children will be very different when it comes to the pot discussion and the heroin discussion.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oona
I've also seen friends pass out and turn every color of the rainbow and have their stomach pumped because of a few hours of fun not realizing that they were barely clinging to life. I've had friends seize and foam at the mouth from the "great time that they were having"

What exactly had they taken?

you say to teach safe drug usage ... HOW!? do you teach safe usage of coc aine, herion, marijuana and all of the new party drugs that are out there ??

Cocaine has a fast "up" and declines over an hour or two. Taking more gives less and less of a return. It works by dumping all of the serotonin and other "feel good" chemicals in the brain at once, and the crash is from knocking that out of balance. The most effective way to brace for the crash is to NOT TAKE SO MUCH. But more realisitically - go to sleep by taking a responsible amount of a depressant to counter the stimulant effects. Continued use makes the crash worse and the craving worse.

Marijuana is not harmful mentally, although it would be wise to use water filtration (bong it) or vaporize it to consume the THC for your lungs. "Not harmful" is relative to alcohol or any number of prescribed medications or other damaging habits people indulge in daily.

Heroin is highly addictive and your body quickly, within days, builds up a dependency on it to function properly. Going even short periods of sustained use will seriously confuse your bodies chemistry. The withdrawal you go through while your body adjusts to no longer having the chemical is both painful and extremely mentally draining due to the body craving it and causing you to think of it constantly.

In many cases with drugs that are considered highly addictive, (coc aine, heroin, meth) it is the body's chemistry trying to adjust without that chemical in the blood stream that forces the mind to crave it that is the real problem. (and of course running a chemical through your body for an extended period of time causes the brain and body to compensate by responding to false situations - it confuses the body and damage can occur by the body's chemical response to whatever drug has been taken.) The popular drugs, in proper usage and moderation, are not as deadly as people would have you believe. (some drugs, like inhalants or other straight poisons are exactly that- poison, period.) The problem is that people seldom use moderation or responsibility when using the drugs. Longterm, consistent addicts are largely just pushing a "feel happy" button that is easier than dealing with whatever aspect of their lives they are not ready to emotionally face. It is a social problem, not a criminal one.

How do you get the children to want to come home and tell their parents - Hey you were around when alot of drugs were being used too ... Teach me how to be responsible when I decide to go out with my friends and shoot up or take pills etc?.. Please help me understand that ?? Is there a way ??

You teach them how to be responsible by being honest and up front and having personal relationships with your kids\parents and sharing the honest truth about your experiences with drugs. If you just spout the same weak and false "drugs are bad, mmmmkay" and never give your personal stories, or don't have any personal stories, then you are just feeding the disinformation. It comes full circle to ruining a childs trust when you tell them over and over that drugs can kill you instantly, or overgeneralizing all drugs together because you either don't KNOW the truth, or don't want to try to discuss the real reasons why drugs "aren't" bad, its the mis-use of them and ignorance of what they do to the body that is "bad".

Remember, that while prescription drug companies are "legal", they are drugs too - if the illegal compounds were used under the right circumstances, they are MORE dangerous than most legal ones, but it is all relative. Aspirin can be deadly.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by Violent]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, I'm far from advocating the usage of drugs, but the myths are jsut as dangerous as the drugs themselves. In case of an emergancy, most people will try and sort the problem themselves, and only as a last resort, call the authorities. By then, unfortunatley its often too late.

Take for example, the drug laws in the UK. A friend of mine completley lost the plot on extacy (I really need to look up the correct spelling for that one
) and got arrested. He was caught with 9 pills on his person, and was arrested for possesion with intent to supply. The police simply couldn't get their head round the fact that to a frequent user, this will easily see them through the weekend, possibly even the night. To them, 1 (and at a push, 2) was personal consumption. That to me highlights the chasm of understanding between the authorities and the users.

When we did drug education at school (a good 8 years ago i believe, so things may have changed, so I may be wrong) and all the leaflets and info just told us what the drug names were, and what they looked like. We were all young once, so we can all apreciate how little we take on board from people in positions of authority. There's no mention of what to do if things go wrong, what can induce ill effects and what not, and as I said earlier, there's things you can do which are very dangerous (drinking not enough water, drinking too much water, etc.) yet we were never made aware of these things. The only info we had was word-of-mouth myths and what not.

Did u know that when coc aine and alcohol are mixed, they produce a 3rd drug inside ur brain, which comes with further issues as to what is dafe and not safe to do under the influence? I can assure u we weren't taught this in any drug education talk at my school.

On a tangent, take sex education. Do u have any idea how many children in this country still believe things like "having sex standing up won't get u pregnant" or "u can't get pregnant on ur first time"? With drugs, the myths have far more grave (and potentially terminal) consequences. After our governments alleged crackdown on teen pregnancy (sex education taught at an earlier age, condoms and 'the pill' being freely handed out etc.) the actual teen pregnancy rate has actually gone UP
This highlights the fact that prevention measures really don't make a massive difference at all...

My point is, there needs to be help freely available to kids on this subject. No pamphlet is gonna make someone stop taking drugs, but the least we can do is warn them of the dangers, but also advise them on the safe use of drugs. Dispel the myths, so to speak.

Actually, I've jsut done a googgle on the matter and there's a lot of helpful info on the BBC website (to namea few), so it looks like times have changed, but this info is still far from common knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join