It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purdue student arrested for threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
LINK

Vikram S. Buddhi, 34, a graduate student from India, is charged with three counts of making threats against the president and successors to the president, four counts of making threats against former presidents and their families, two counts of making threats by interstate communications and one count of use of the Internet to threaten destruction by fire.

I think this guy may have over-stepped his boundaries on political free speech. I see some jail time in his future.

JDub

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What did he say? The article is too vague. Did he say "Bush eats poop and I don't like him. I want to kick him in the nads?" TOr did he make some REAL threats?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
there must be more to the story than that. The guy has been a graduate student for ten years. that's a lot of graduate school. For what purpose? What the hell is he getting his masters in? procrastination? avoidance of life ofter college?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
WISH-TV link

In scanning the local newspapers and TV websites, no one gives direct quotes about what was said, only stating:

Vikram Buddhi, 34, was arrested last week by a US Secret Service Agent for allegedly making violent threats on a Yahoo message board.

Federal Court records say the threats urge readers to kill the president, vice president and their families, to bomb key sites in the US, and to rape and mutilate American and British women.

The investigation started in December when a concerned reader reported the message board to the government. The Secret Service worked with Purdue Police to track down the source. Court documents state Budhhi admitted making the threats and said he used several IP addresses to conceal his identity.

There has not been any additional information about the story in a week other than today's recap.

JDub

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
UPDATE

LINK

HAMMOND, Ind. — A Purdue University graduate student accused of making online threats to President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and others was released on $100,000 bond after his father vouched for him in federal court.

At an April hearing, U.S. District Magistrate Andrew Rodovich said Vikram Buddhi, 35, was a flight risk and refused to release him. But Buddhi’s father — B. K. Subbarao, a captain in the Navy in India and an attorney — said today that his son comes from an honorable family that would not harbor a fugitive.

The judge released ordered Buddhi to live with his father in a nearby hotel during his trial. Documents did not indicate when the trial would start. He was also told to stop using the Internet.

Well, he's out of jail for the moment.

JDub

top topics

join