It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a mod help me please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I just spent 2500 points changeing my background picture and nothing has happened can you help me sort it out or can i have my points back?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've refunded your points - Please refer to this thread for proper instructions.

Background Image Instructions

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hey I'm just wondering, how exactly do you become a mod? Is it the members who've been on for a really long time with the most points?

MMP

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
Hey I'm just wondering, how exactly do you become a mod? Is it the members who've been on for a really long time with the most points?

Like nearly every other forum on the Internet, "The Brass" selects you.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian

Originally posted by MMP

Like nearly every other forum on the Internet, "The Brass" selects you.

As one of "The Brass" here I'd like to point out that NEITHER "points" nor "Brass selection" has anything to do with becoming a Mod on our site...

Springer...

MMP

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Springer, as I said in my U2U I think perhaps maybe some miscommunication has taken place. When I say "The Brass" I mean anyone who has a rank of mod/super mod/admin. I am not specifically saying the three amigos go around the forum and cherry pick people (which would be an insanely daunting task given the number of members and posts).

Sorry to get so off-topic, Elmo777. I promise no more from me.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
stupid me i forgot to put the dot before gif, duh.
Thanks for the help

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
NO worries.
I just wanted to clear up the misconception that points, Admin. favorites, or "busy bodies" get preferential treatment when we select staff. They get just the opposite.

You are exactly correct in your statement above. It's a process ALL STAFF participate in. Anyone who overtly appears to want to be staff is usually ignored.

Think about it, anyone who really wants to be a moderator usually doesn't make a good moderator.

It's more a matter of quality, civility and LOW maintenance.

Springer...

top topics

join