It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope Hits 25!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Great news! The Pope hits his landmark 25th year today, in service of God's people and His Church. He is posed on becoming third in longest serving Pope in almost two thousand year of the Church. Pope Leo XIII's reign was 25 yrs and 4 months. Hope he makes it, he is such a good man. He is the most traveled Pope ever with 129 different countries in 102 trips. God Bless him.

PS: If you don't have anything good to type about the Pope or the Catholic Church, then don't type it please. This isn't supposed to turn into a pissing match so to speak.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Hope he makes it, he is such a good man.

And he has such an expensive Rolex too

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
he may make the record, but he's not going to make 26, of course, i was in Rome and saw him a couple years ago and i could have sworn he wasn't going to make it another year back then, so you never know

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I feel kinda bad for the pope. He can barely walk on his own and needs an aide to finish speeches for him, even if they're short.

However, I think he's doing a really good job for someone in such a fragile state. Certainly if it was me, I wouldn't be able to do that.

I was thinking, the pope would also be a great crime fighter. I mean, all he has to do is excommunicate the guy!

Well, I guess that would only work if there was a strong tie between chruch and state like the old old old days...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Yea the Pope has his bad days with his good, he is looking better in recent days though considering his bionic parts and all.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Yea the Pope has his bad days with his good, he is looking better in recent days though considering his bionic parts and all.

I thought the pope was dead?
I mean I thought he died like years ago.
hmm.
Well congratulations to his popiness on his day of celebration.

May he have many more years.

Mark

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Nah, not yet Mark, he is old though. He is about 83 and suffers from Parkinson's disease amongst other stuff.

join