It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Letters book by Salmond Ruskie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This book was banded with a death threat on the author, Salmond Ruskie (sp), back several years ago. Well, that just should not be acceptable by the world wide community of human beings. My question is this: Where can I purchase a copy of that book - "Satanic Letters" - by Salmond Ruskie? You know, there might just be some truth in it, and at least people should have the right to read it for themselves. I say to hell with the Moslems and with their threats. Enough, far, far enough, and far too much!!! By the way the Moslems are NOT a sister faith with Christianity! And it now looks like they have something to do with the "end of the world" as it is called; which is actually the end of this age of history. Again, how can I get a copy of Satanic Letters? Thanks, [email protected]

[edit on 26-4-2006 by truthound]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthound
This book was banded with a death threat on the author, Salmond Ruskie (sp), back several years ago. Well, that just should not be acceptable by the world wide community of human beings. My question is this: Where can I purchase a copy of that book - "Satanic Letters" - by Salmond Ruskie? You know, there might just be some truth in it, and at least people should have the right to read it for themselves. I say to hell with the Moslems and with their threats. Enough, far, far enough, and far too much!!! By the way the Moslems are NOT a sister faith with Christianity! And it now looks like they have something to do with the "end of the world" as it is called; which is actually the end of this age of history. Again, how can I get a copy of Satanic Letters? Thanks, [email protected]

Cug

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The correct name is The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie

You can get it at pretty much any bookstore like Amazon.

I say to hell with the Moslems and with their threats. Enough, far, far enough, and far too much!!!

BTW, Did you say to hell with the Christians and their death threats when Martin Scorsese made The Last Temptation Of Christ?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
The correct name is The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie

You can get it at pretty much any bookstore like Amazon.

I say to hell with the Moslems and with their threats. Enough, far, far enough, and far too much!!!

BTW, Did you say to hell with the Christians and their death threats when Martin Scorsese made The Last Temptation Of Christ?

What's that all about? I'd liek to know thanks

MODERATOR-NOTE: Removed Nonsense Dotting. Please dont do that again. Thanks.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just so you know...this book isnt banned.

i checked it out in my highschool library for a project that i had to do for english my senior year..and that was in 2004. Just so you know, the book is not big deal. its not really about a bunch of satanic stuff at all. its just a metaphor. i actually found the book rather boring, and not all that well written.

The book is basically about 2 indian people that get in a plane crash and are mystically transformed. the book is all allegorical, and its pretty much saying that in the quran has parts that are really inspired by evil rather than divine. angels are demons and demons are angels in his book. The plot seemed interesting and thats why i checked it out, but the way it was written was not all that great at all, in fact kind of disappointing.

Kind regards,
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A better place to commence an acquaintance with Salman Rushdie would be The Moor's Last Sigh, a fine novel and a much easier and more absorbing read than The Satanic Verses.

By the way, Mr. Rushdie is a Muslim, or at least, he's from a Muslim family. Some years after the fatwa against him, he wrote an essay entitled 'Why I Have Embraced Islam', in which he describes the furore surrounding The Satanic Verses as 'a family quarrel'. I think he wrote this as part of a deal with the Iranian clergy to get the fatwa abrogated; at any rate, he has since abandoned the faith again. In a more recent essay, he suggests that religion is a primitive, dangerous psychopathology and that it is high time the human race abandoned it.

Truthound, if you're keen to learn more about Islam, why not begin with a popular history of Islam and an English translation of the Quran? There's an old book on Islam by Alfred Guillaume which is both interesting and informative, if a bit outdated now. And for a better understanding of what underlies the current confrontation between religious fanatics (of all faiths) and modern society, try The Battle for God by Karen W. Armstrong, a former Catholic nun who is now one of the world's foremost scholars of comparative religion and the effect of religion on society.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

top topics

join