It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Months Later.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
....and still no reason given as to why I am at -312 on BTS!!
If I did something wrong, let me know! I don't want to be a troublemaker, but I have sent U2U's....no response. I also spent points to change my background color to black, and? I know I am not the most avid poster here, but should that hurt me? I am starting to feel it has. Sorry if I am out of line
......umm...go Mavs?

MMP

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If you didn't select which points to take the cost of the bg color change out of then it's likely that's why you're showing negative on BTS. It happened to me once. Go tag some old threads and you'll get your points back no problem.

As far as getting a U2U response, good luck.
I suspect aliens will land on the White House lawn before that happens. (no replies shouting that people are flooded with U2Us or extremely/insanely busy - it's weak at best) All joking aside, Zed, has consistently answered my U2Us expeditiously.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It just said that I had x amount of points to spend, so I did.
Thanks for the help

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Tag a few threads and you will erase that deficit in a matter of minutes. Tagging this thread alone will give you 5 points. Look through some older ones and you can recieve up to 75 points for one tag. You type one word and recieve 75 points, how quick can that add up.

Give it a shot!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Your name is black so I suspect if you put a black background the mods changed it back because it's against the rules to have the same colors and your name be unreadable.

As regards your points, either put in a suggestion with a descriptive title. Or U2U a different mod. Or a mod that you know.

Don't be too proud to beg.
I'm not.

Keep trying! Persistance is key. I know.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
my solution:

post mainly in BTS (for BTS points)...

i think it is 5 points per post...

yes, i remember when each post was worth way more than that, but we will have to cope...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its actually 1 point per post, and 2 points per post to the author of the thread.

Tagging can get you 5-75 points per tag.

Applause gives you a bonus of 250 points.

I believe its 2500 points for a Podcast.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, if it hasn't changed in 3 months, it's probably some kind of chronic condition. Did you just sit there and wait 3 months for a reply? or have you been doing other things while waiting for the reply?

Just wondering? Curious minds want to know.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Some good suggestions and advice here

But, if you want staff action, it is best to use the u2u to a mod or super mod you know or use the "Suggestion Box" above.
Check your u2u.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishmen3g
....and still no reason given as to why I am at -312 on BTS!!

Do some tagging, as suggested previously here.

And why not come on down to BTS once in a while.

It's where all the fun forums are! Laugh a little with us!

Also, if you change your 'background color' to black, you should change your 'text color', to something other than black

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I've removed the deficit in your BTS points by adding on the equivalent amount from your ATS points.

The ATS staff can get extremely busy and U2U's do unfortunately sometimes get lost in the inbox. I'm guilty of taking up to a couple months to sort out some of the ones I reply to because of the hectic nature of this website.

When all else fails, U2U an admin!

[edit on 27-4-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
mwah!!

I just gave you a way above for sitting there patiently waiting for a u2u reply for 3 months...and I think, that if ya get a way above or some at least ya get extra points too? um? not sure, but I really did go 'mwah' when I read your post.

and then I really lmao when I read 'the chronic condition'

but here is some love... ok? hoping you feel better!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the ideas, all!!! And thanks for the attack, Val
I read more than I post, and that is my option. I don't take kindly to your response, JUST MY OPINION.

Peace

And if we could clearly define...Text color change.......
Sorry to sound edgy

[edit on 29-4-2006 by irishmen3g]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishmen3g
And if we could clearly define...Text color change.......

When the board is in regular operation (which it's not right now)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the background behind avatars can be colored. You also have the option of choosing the color of the text (Your username, and the words "Registered", "Location" and all that stuff). The text in your avatar can compliment the color of your background. Some have black background with white text... and any number of contrasting combinations.

In your mcenter, it's called Custom mini-profile text color. Mines usually an orangy-red to match the fire in my avater. And the backgrouund color is a dark gray/brown. It's freakin' cool-lookin'

Does that answer your question?

new topics

top topics

join