It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i turn off avatars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I did do a search first and looked at all the settings but unless i missed something im wondering if i can turn them off please?

I used some points to go in low bandwidth mode but it doesn't appear to stop avatars although it helps.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My best guess is don't log in, unless you need to reply!
Hope that helps!!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Or you could slide your window over to the left when you open a thread.

Why do you not want to see the avatars? Just curious. You don't have to answer, I'm just nosy.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It saves bandwidth and my browser doesn't have to make any extra unnecessary outgoing connections.

I hope sometime in the future ats will make it an option, maybe part of the low bandwidth setting, im surprised it wasn't already.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by just theory]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
In Firefox you can right click on an image and select block images from uploads.abovetopsecret.com. I'll look for internet explorer image blocking.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yeah, i sometimes check the option for only images from originating website to show and that works ok too but sometimes things like buttons don't show so i can't always make use of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
just theory:

Even if the buttons don't show, the links that they represent still work.

If you hover your mouse over where the button would normally appear, watch the bottom left of the screen, it will show the url that it links to, so you know wheter you are on the right spot. (assuming IE, that is)

Sometimes loads slowly for me too, I have tried that approach, as well.

There may be other tweaks you could do with your browser, to make loading a little faster. I would make a post in Computer Help, if I were you. Maybe someone there would be able to help you to optimize your browser settings.

[edit on 4/27/2006 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

join