It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Oil Bourse to Begin NEXT WEEK!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
For somebody that prep himself with all kind of financial information knowledge you really have no clue of how our dollar works or may I say the fallacies surrounding our amazing and versatile dollar.

maybe you should try reading the posts before you attack marg. here is what brit guy said:

Originally posted by Britguy
Also, if the US economy is so great, whay has there been such a big slowdown in the housing market?

here is el tiante's response:

Originally posted by El Tiante
Really?

Factory Orders, New
Home Sales Up in Mar.

A 5+ year run up on home prices and things cool off a bit and suddenly it’s a CRASH. Please, get a clue.

...which clearly shows that britguy didnt do his homework in regard to the US housing market. what exactly was your problem with el tiante's post marge?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The medien house cost was also listed at 2k+. I'm too lazy to read up on the average American's home value, but I am leaning more towards....a hell of a lot less. IMO the folks making enough money to afford a $250,000 house don't have too strong of a leg to stand on when bitching about gas prices. Its the Poor/Middle class folks that are hurt here, not the upper-middle/Elite. They are doing just fine.

Its another example of how the economists can skew their statistics to fit agendas.

Or am I a commie?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

...which clearly shows that britguy didnt do his homework in regard to the US housing market. what exactly was your problem with el tiante's post marge?

What is your problem with me is what I will like to know.

Tiante should have been the one pointing to my mistake and no you the post was to him not you, who made you my judge and executor.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

What is your problem with me is what I will like to know.

i dont have the least problem with you marg....i correct ignorance wherever and from whoever i see it. sorry if that offends your sensabilities. i did, however, notice that you attacked me for correcting the mistake, but have as of yet to apologize to the guy you mistakingly attacked.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i did, however, notice that you attacked me for correcting the mistake, but have as of yet to apologize to the guy you mistakingly attacked.

Nah, I don't get my feelings easily hurt, but I am still waiting for tiante to tell me that I was wrong.

I take responsibility for my misinformation.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Europe [...] is[sic] full of people who world rather riot than work...

Though I do not dispute the thrust of your post, this particular point is unnecessary, opinionated, stereotypical and frankly very, very ignorant. You spoiled an otherwise perfectly good post. Bad El Tiante, Bad.....

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I agree with sickboy, Europe is full of people who stand up for there rights when they feel they are being abused. Wether in France with that ridiculous law Chirac was trying to push through. Or in Engkand where the NHS is concernced. We don`t let ourselves get lied to easily!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
I agree with sickboy, Europe is full of people who stand up for there rights when they feel they are being abused. Wether in France with that ridiculous law Chirac was trying to push through. Or in Engkand where the NHS is concernced. We don`t let ourselves get lied to easily!!!

YEAH! Fight the power!

Fight for your right to a job you can't fired from, no matter how well (or un-well) you do you job! Good luck competing in the world market with an attitude like that.

You can bet employers all around the world are just lining up to hire people who think they have an inalienable right to job, from which they can't be fired, regardless of performance.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by El Tiante]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This scares me, it truly does.

No future?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Euros, like any other currency can exchanged for dollars at a higher rate. Therefore it takes fewer Euros to acces mroe dollars and have access to largest economy on Earth. Euros is just a mroe valuable medium of exchange that can be swapped for anything else (with a small fee of course, nothing is free after all
)

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The funny thing is that the same thing is happening now as happened to week and days before Iraq invasion. The secretary of States is warning the UN to take action immediatley by a deadline very close. They had no definite answer, and so the US when it on their own jurisdiction with the help of others. Perhas we will actually be foolish enough to attack sometime this season?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Fight for your right to a job you can't fired from, no matter how well (or un-well) you do you job! Good luck competing in the world market with an attitude like that. You can bet employers all around the world are just lining up to hire people who think they have an inalienable right to job, from which they can't be fired, regardless of performance.

To be fair El Tiante, your original post suggested that Europeans would rather riot than work. This is plainly incorrect and indeed very different from your suggestion above that 'slackers' just want a job for life. There is also a big difference between peaceful and democratic industrial action and 'Rioting'. Anyways, this is getting a tad off topic so I'd better stop there otherwise the 'Mods' will get me........

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
*yawn*

So...has the US economy crashed yet?

"next week" = May 3rd
Today = May 8th

Still no Oil Bourse (not that it's a concern anyway)....

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

TEHRAN: Iran's oil ministry took a step toward establishing an oil trading market denominated in euros, rather than the US dollar, by granting a license for the bourse, state-run television reported yesterday.

Just who would trade on the market wasn't immediately apparent.

Iranian television did not mention trading firms or governments willing to market or purchase products on the bourse, nor did it say when it would open for business.

"Iran has registered an oil bourse on the island of Kish in which oil would be sold in euros. The market will be the fifth oil market after New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo," the broadcast said.

Oil trading on those markets is conducted in dollars.

Iranian legislators earlier this year urged the government to set up the market to reduce the US' influence over the Islamic republic's economy. They also criticised Oil Minister Sayed Kazem Vaziri Hamaneh, saying he had delayed setting up the bourse.

If the market succeeds, observers say euro-denominated oil sales could eventually convince central bankers to convert some US dollar reserves into euros, offering potential for a decline in the dollar's value.

Gulf Daily News

Last week, Iran's oil ministry granted a license to establish an Iranian oil bourse on the Gulf island of Kish, an economic free zone, to price and trade oil in the Euro, not in the dollar. This idea – strongly backed by the administration of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad – may well be the final straw that draws the United States into war against Iran.

World Net Daily

Apparantly the license has been registered, but they have not started trading yet. This was exactly what Saddam did right before he was overthrown.
And yea it takes a little mroe than three days for something to affect the market.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Fight for your right to a job you can't fired from, no matter how well (or un-well) you do you job! Good luck competing in the world market with an attitude like that.

Did someone mention government jobs or Unions???? OH, you're talking about Europe and convieniently forgetting about the U.S....Gotcha.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There appears to be far too many disciples of Krassimir Petrov believing this proposed bourse will sound the fist bell in the demise of the 'ever so vulnerable' and old 'greenback dollar’.

Not to mention that a successful oil bourse in Iran is a complete pipe dream when reality enters the picture.

Nobody is mentioning that the Norwegians are seeking their own oil bourse and actually have the infrastructure to support such a market exampled by Nordpool’s highly successful and established energy bourse.

The sky is not falling.

mg

top topics

<< 1   >>

join