It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Oil Bourse to Begin NEXT WEEK!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Mod please edit hyperlink the button above isnt working.

www.iranian.ws...

Oil Minister Kazem Vaziri Hamaneh said on Wednesday that the establishment of Oil Stock Exchange is in its final stage and the bourse will be launched in Iran in the next week.

So that "expert" said this wouldnt be ready for at least 6 months if not a year.

This changes a lot of things.

Open Enrollment has already begun and trading will begin on approval from the Council of Stock Exchange.

Hmmm....

Russia says US Dollar too risky for investment states that the Euro has gained over 40% against the dollar in the past couple of years.

Iran Oil Bourse Early May.

IAEA Report on Friday.

Security Council Meeting next Wednesday.

US already paying $3 per gallon

cant fight a war with no money....

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 26-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Finally, Some progress!

It should be interesting to see how things will develop in the days ahead

There are two scenarios now:

Either this oil bourse is launched and the american economy goes the way of the dinosaur.

OR,

America attacks Iran before the oil bourse makes its entry.

Neither of those two options is fun to watch though

Interesting times, Interesting times...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
it just feels so incredibly...odd. just days before Iran is supposed to give their decision on the deal about their nuclear program(which everyone just knows they're gonna reject the terms), this gets announced...almost as if outta the blue!
like...."Surprise!"
i was seriously hoping this thing was going to be held off for a few more months/at least a year, but it looks like the US is gonna have to think fast on this one...

seems like Iran is really pushing it...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Interesting how the world is shaping and is not with US in the center stage.

let see if our great nation survives and reorganize or we just will have to start planting our own food patch in the back yard.

If you have a backyard I mean.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

Im sure well survive, we import no oil from Iran. Most of the US' oil comes from Canada if I remember correctly(correct me if I'm wrong).

I will gladly share my backyard to anyone who needs to grow their own food.

Excessive Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/26/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Staying on the subject of oil, here's something that should send jitters through the oil market. Also an indication that any attack on Iran could quickly escalate to a regional conflict

www.mosnews.com...

Iran Could Respond to U.S. Offensive by Attacking Baku-Ceyhan Pipeline — Tehran Official

“Reconnaissance units are operating in Azerbaijan, and their activity is directed against the Islamic Republic of Iran,” the Secretary of Iranian Supreme National Security Council Ali Larijani told the Egyptian Al Ahram newspaper.

Larijani claimed that U.S. special services were using the territories of Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan against Iran. According to him, if a military operation is launched, Iran may respond with an attack on the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline and oil facilities in Azerbaijan.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
And some still wonder why America hasn't attacked Iran yet? Well, you keep on wondering because i'm sure they'll (congress) find enough reason to convince you (american citizens).

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Maybe this is why president Nejad is saying that Israel will be gone soon. Think about it. If Israel's economy weakens heavily or even collapses will that state be able to survive or will its life be threatened. Will those who came there even want to stay if they have to live poor and in a constant state of war. The Israeli economy has strong connections to the United States because of all of those free aid packages. Of course it's just a theory, still would it weaken them enough over time for a successful conventional attack by the Arabs.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Monday that Israel can not survive and migrants to the country should go back to where they came from.

english.people.com.cn...

[edit on 27-4-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoQuest
Maybe this is why president Nejad is saying that Israel will be gone soon. Think about it. If Israel's economy weakens heavily or even collapses will that state be able to survive or will its life be threatened. Will those who came there even want to stay if they have to live poor and in a constant state of war. The Israeli economy has strong connections to the United States because of all of those free aid packages. Of course it's just a theory, still would it weaken them enough over time for a successful conventional attack by the Arabs.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Monday that Israel can not survive and migrants to the country should go back to where they came from.

english.people.com.cn...

I dont believe the rest of the world would let it happen. Not to mention the fact that Iran is not an Arab nation, they are Persian. But if they did do something like this and it worked, they would be hurting a lot of Arabs that live and work in Israel. As far as mounting a conventional attack on Israel, it wouldnt work because the US is on their Western and Northern borders. You think the US would allow such an attack to happen? I dont. But thats just me.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

Well with the region already breaking down with the potential civil wars/revolutions in a widening military conflict from egypt to central asia they may try, but I didn't say they would be successful. But remeber that Israel warned of a war in 2006 from them.

Mod Edit: Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/27/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
And some still wonder why America hasn't attacked Iran yet? Well, you keep on wondering because i'm sure they'll (congress) find enough reason to convince you (american citizens).

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Xeros]

Not me.

Ever since 2001, I am not going to be deceived again. Although we all know most will. Still, it is not the fault of the deceived, but the deceiver.

All this talk about their nuke program - right.... what about North Korea? Why are we not on their front porch? Because the nuke program is not the real reason.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

Might have something to do with the 2000+ pieces of artillary they have aimed at Seoul. We couldnt take it all out without nuking those weapons first unless we wanted that city leveled in a day. But you are right, something should have been done about this, and not necessarily now, it goes back to the Reagan/Bush admin. The North Korea issue goes back to the early 90's. In the late 80's and early 90's NK completed the nuclear cycle including a plutonium production capacity. NK was allowed to withdraw from the NPT in 1994, no one did anything about it but sanctions. I believe we cut off their oil from the US. This was under Clinton. No president had the backbone to do it for the past 15 years. It pisses me off but thats how it goes. In 2003, the current admin laid out a framework for NK to stop its nuke program and that included drawing up plans for military interdiction, though it clearly isnt the best option as most likely Seoul would be wrecked in a day or two with artillary. After all that planing nothing has come of it. After all the economic pressure by the world, nothing has come of it. But you be the judge, its been a decade and a half long foreign policy failure if you ask me.

Congressional Study DPRK

[edit on 4/27/2006 by ludaChris]

Mod Edit: Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/27/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
All this talk about their nuke program - right.... what about North Korea? Why are we not on their front porch? Because the nuke program is not the real reason.

Umm....we have 37,000 troops in South Korea! What in the world are you talking about!?

As far as the oil bourse...
www.iranian.ws...
Not even Iranians believe it would work, lol!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That’s rich.

Ok let’s say oil was denominated in euros and you got this big pile of eruos. What are you going to do with it? Europe is a continent with barely 1% growth, 10% unemployment, a larger debt burden that than America, if full of people who world rather riot than work and is in the midst of demographic death spiral.

When you have a pile of dollars it allows you access to the largest, most efficient, most dynamic, most productive economy on earth.

Additionally, let’s say Iran decides to shut down the Straights of Hormuz. Who’s going to go over there and make them cut it out? France? Germany? Please; that would be the US Navy. You see American is a country that has the means to protect and defend it currency and economic interest and the rest of world gloms on to that capability.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Don't forget that the US economy is propped up, in a big way, by the PetroDollar and the huge amounts of USD bought up by Asian banks. If the PetroDollar was threatened or removed completely the US would become bankrupt very quickly.
The dollar is largely supported by oil and has been for the last few decades.

Also, if the US economy is so great, whay has there been such a big slowdown in the housing market? Why was there a need to increase the Government debt limit as recently as a few weeks ago to stop them defaulting?
Maybe the rising price in oil and gold has more to do with the decrease in the value of the dollar? The lower the value, the more dollars it takes to buy an ounce of gold or a barrel of oil when compared to other currencies.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Really?

Factory Orders, New
Home Sales Up in Mar.

A 5+ year run up on home prices and things cool off a bit and suddenly it’s a CRASH. Please, get a clue.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

Because North Korea already is in the possession of nuclear weapons, in contrast to Iran.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by El Tiante
Really?

For somebody that prep himself with all kind of financial information knowledge you really have no clue of how our dollar works or may I say the fallacies surrounding our amazing and versatile dollar.

Perhaps you should research on how dependable US is in foreign currency to keep the economy going.

For decades our versatile dollar has work wonders to our nation, but hat is only due to the fact that has never been challenged before.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris

Im sure well survive, we import no oil from Iran. Most of the US' oil comes from Canada if I remember correctly(correct me if I'm wrong).

Well, as far as the oil sands in Alberta goes, at the present rate 1 million barrels a day are produced, the US consumes 20 million B/D.
The oil sands are the biggest supply of oil in the world right now, but it's got to be extracted from the dirt and the manpower and equipment is in short supply.

I just saw a special on TV.

Optimistic oil scenarios are hard to find in 2005, but Alberta, Canada, has one. In a land area the size of New Brunswick, Alberta has 1.7 trillion barrels of oil in the form of sticky, gritty oil sands. With today's technology, 300 billion of those barrels are recoverable: enough to meet Canada oil needs for 250 years, at present levels.

www.cbc.ca...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join