It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to help

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have been a Police Officer beginning in 1986 to the present. I have been everything from Road Officer, Mountain Bike Officer, Community Police Officer, 12 years in the projects as Uniform Narcotics to my present position in State Management.

I would love the opportunity to answer any questions you may have about police work in general and even specifics if I can. I have a lot of time on my hands now being retired once and love talking about my chosen profession.

Started my career in the Great State of Maryland, then to Delaware for years, now finally hoping to end it here in South Carolina. I have taught Constitutional Law for several years as well as actively involved in SWAT operations. I am in the FOP and have held office with them.

So before this becomes a resume' I'll end this and hope to be hearing from you soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I will also answer any U2U's, usually within 24 hours.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What do you think about tasers?

Several police officers have been crippled by them during training exercises. IMO, They're being misused in a lote of cases.

Are you familiar with any of these cases? (90 year old ladies being tased and what not)

What are your feelings of this?

Do you think that the way officers are trained to use these weapons makes them more aggressive to use them?

I understand that all police officers have to be tased in order to use one. Have you ever been tased?

edit:

You saw my posts regarding the mexico/american border and the current crisis.

What policy measures do you think should be enacted regarding the illegal immigrants and the border security?

From your previous experience in law enforcement. What do you think would be the best way to handle this (from a standpoint of resources and man power)?

What do you think about www.weneedafence.com? (Militia members building a private fence on private land in arizona to try to stop the influx of illegals)

[edit on 30-4-2006 by tsensel]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It is funny you should ask about Tasers. I just completed a year long study into the use and abuse of the Taser.
I have no feelings about their use either way with two exceptions.
1. They are being abused in several specific cases.
2. They are being used where a hands on level of force would suffice.

Oleoresin had a somewhat similar release to the public, but the negative effect on the applying officer kept that to a minimum. The Taser seems to be being used anytime an officer simply does not want to touch someone.
Yes, I have been Tased several times at my request prior to my paper in order to evaluate what I was talking about.
Yes several older and VERY young people have been tased.

The Illegal Immigrant issue is so very comlicated. I do not like having to pick up on investigations involving Illegals as they are hard to investigate. I do not enjoy paying for their health care or my increased insurance premium.
BUT
I would do a lot to feed and protect my family
and I understand the farmers need for a cheap, readily available work force.
Private fences? Well it is their property, seems silly to me unless they are having a lot come over that area.
And finally...currently the US does not have the resources to completely stop the influx without the use of the military. Then there is that pesky "posse comitatus" act of 1878.
Well most of that is simply an opinion, except the Taser, where I have researched it pretty extensively.
Keep going on the Border issues, I like seeing what other people think and its fun because it is emotional to some.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339
And finally...currently the US does not have the resources to completely stop the influx without the use of the military. Then there is that pesky "posse comitatus" act of 1878.

Do you think the posse comitatus act should be removed?

I was under the impression that the national guard already had the capacity to defend our border. Hence they are the national guard.

The posse comitatus act is supposed to seperate military from police. Much in the same way that religion and state are seperate. However, the border is not a police issue. It is a national border issue.

The militia has said several times they would be willing to take on this role. What do you think about using the militia to guard our border, since all of our national guard troops are in iraq.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well two things

One yes the National Guard could, but for some reason I have yet to fathom, we have a 1.5M active duty military, only 130,000 in Iraq, and we are constantly sending National Guard over.

And the PC act was specifically designed to prevent military action on the US soil, except when authorized by congress in the state of an emergency.

I will admit to you, I am a Hard Right Wing Republican, (I know shocking huh? LOL), but I can not for the life of me figure out what this admin. is doing half the time.

Clinton was easier, we knew he was useless...LOL

So to answer your last question, the borders are a police issue. Specifically the Federal Judicial Branch...(of which all sworn officers are a part)

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I will admit to you, I am a Hard Right Wing Republican, (I know shocking huh? LOL), but I can not for the life of me figure out what this admin. is doing half the time.

I would call myself the same. But it doesn't really matter who you vote for anymore, everyone is pushing the same agenda. The power of the corporate lobby groups is amazing.

If you look at what bush sr did, then look at what clinton did, and then look at what jr is doing I think you'll find a pattern. Tax cuts for the wealthy, decrease corporate regulation, and everything they push is the opposite of what they really want to do. (Double-speak)

For instance, the new border security reform bill introduced by hillary clinton would put a rfid chip in national ID cards. Aswell as a blanket amnesty for the some 30,000,000 illegal immigrants. I've only skimmed through the bill.

But everyone assumes its good because its a "reform bill" and the media spins it as such. I remember a day when "spin" would be called lying.

Ever notice how you always see bush sr and clinton on tv together? Intresting =/

As for bush's future. I believe he's being setup to look bad. Through the libby case, through the iraq intel leaks, among other leaks. Most of the leaks out of the whitehouse were directly authorized by the whitehouse. Why are they trying to make themselves look bad?

I think the answer will be in the outcome of the 2008 election. I'm not sure exactly who it will be. But I have 2 very good ideas.

1) Hilary Clinton (you knew that was coming)
2) Senator Warrner from virigina (he is a sly fellow, ive watched him speak on cspan several times)

God help us.

You can find the bill on loc.thomas.gov...

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
MAN!!!
You just depressed me...LMAO
I just can't get my mind around another amnesty..I mean it did not work for Regan and he was twice the pres. anyone else has been.

Why amnesty when they broke thge law getting here??? Quick fix??

And you are 100% correct, they name these bills to sucker the public into support.
well Im off to bed now....I'll be back on as usual tomorrow

Been GREAT talking with you

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Been GREAT talking with you

Anything I talk about I base upon fact. I don't usually speak about theories or things of which I have no proof. Hersay and things of that nature are not considered proof to me. All my evidences (or 98% of them) would be admissable in court.

This is why i got so frustrated when you wouldn't take a look at the videos which i've provided for download. Please take a look around my site off of my signature. There are many other docs some not even related to politics. BBC doc "Parallel Universes" is pretty good. It goes along with the BBC doc "Super Massive Blackholes" and together, they explain the creation of the universe (even past the point of the singularity).

I don't know if you're a creationist or whatever.But, Any video which I've posted on my site. I've watched myself. In most cases more than once. They all make intresting points. Or else I wouldn't post them.

I work from home off the net. I have a dual monitor setup. While i'm working I always have a doc playing on the second monitor. This is why I'm "up to date" per say as far as things go in the world. As up to date as anyone can be having only been in the world for 24 years. I do have a rough time with past events, things which I was not alive for. I've tried to go back through the years. But there is just so much information.. It makes my head swim sometimes.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I always believed you believed what you posted I'm just hesitant about links.
Part of what I do is Computer Forensics, so to say I am paraniod about the net is putting it mildly.
I have to go on some pretty "bad" site a lot of times search for information or even obtain evidence. I just took it for a fact that you believed them.
AS I am sure you are aware, most of the links that anyone can post, can be refuted by other links and those can be refuted...it would drive you crazy thinking about it.LOL
I enjoy your intelligence and thought process and response to my responses.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Do you know what "madscientist" was talking about when he said that 80% of Irans dollars come from GDP not oil?
Am I the only one that cracked up over that besides you.....

Good comment too by the way.."Is it late"
I Love it

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey, I just got out fo college for Law Enforcement and Security Admin, ironically enough. I have a few questions.

1. In the states, is it possible to become a police officer without being a citizen? I really, really don't want to wait half a decade to get a job.

2. What do you think of the current trend of young people to scream 'police brutality' at the first signs of officers using force, especially in protest situations?

thanks, and cheers.

DE

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

1. In the states, is it possible to become a police officer without being a citizen? I really, really don't want to wait half a decade to get a job.

2. What do you think of the current trend of young people to scream 'police brutality' at the first signs of officers using force, especially in protest situations?

thanks, and cheers.

DE

Not that I am aware of. At least not in the 3 states I have policed in. But I will look into it and post something on it by Tues.

And the screams of protest? No different than those of the "radical" 60's and 70's.
It is in large part because of the drive by media always looking for some negative publicity to report. As long as you act professional and remember it is only your job, your profession, and nothing personal, you will do fine.

Good luck...

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks, much appreciated. The climate up here is becoming decided worse, but we'll see how the summer goes. Should we have another 'summer of the gun', there have been numerous drives to ban pistols from private ownership. That happens, well, I think it's time to move south. But looking there, I need to have some work, you know?

DE

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So your in Canada??
Are you working in Law Enforcement now?
If so that may make a difference.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm in Canada, yes, and I'm actually trying to join the reserves here. I might go regs, I don't know. But I want an *out* if I need it. The city of Toronto spent the fall quite literally on bended knee, begging the federal government for more police officers. The province-wide statistic, with three seperate brands of police working in it, is about 2 officers per 1000 people.

DE

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We average about 2.3 per 1K here...so not too far off. Now that includes state, county and local municiple.

Let me look into this for you. There may be some kind of work program for law enforcement in regards to coming from Canada (our fav. brothers from the north).

If there is that will go a long way towards citizenship for you as well.

Give me a day or so to make a few phone calls.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Mine includes municipal, provincial, and federal. And that's the highest rate in Canada. Thanks for you help, btw.

There are places where it's half or less than half of that.

DE

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I'm in Canada, yes, and I'm actually trying to join the reserves here. I might go regs, I don't know. But I want an *out* if I need it. The city of Toronto spent the fall quite literally on bended knee, begging the federal government for more police officers. The province-wide statistic, with three seperate brands of police working in it, is about 2 officers per 1000 people.

DE

Why would not the city of toronto beg the Ontario government first for money? It is like the city of Cleveland asking the state of Ohio first rather than Washington.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Furthermore, policing in the city of Toronto (I live her), is a local responsibility but if they can't run it properly we may see the province eg. Ontario Provincial Police move in... this has happened in certain communities in the province in past btw.

The only basis that Toronto would hassle Ottawa for money is that most of the criminal activity is a result of massive immigration in the city and that the local cops can't control it. In Canada as in the US immigration is a federal matter and they could make that link and then ask for redress. What is amazing is that Torontonians vote Libeal (Democrat), almost totally yet when their buds ran Ottawa they never gave the city extra money for the immigrant issue. Now we have the equivalent of the Reps in Ottawa (Conservative Party), they are expecting money for excessive immigration??

Oh well

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sorry but it is rather difficult for me to answer anything involving internal matters in Canada.
I have only visited.
Here anyway, yes Immigration is specifically a federal matter, but falls under the Judicial sector and that enables state and local authorities to at least arrest illegal aliens.

And yes, Municipalities receive funds from both the federal government and the state government. The money in question first comes from the feds. then is dolled out to the local level.
States do however have tax bases, investments and other sources of income, so some of that money also winds up on the local level.

The majority of grants that I have applyed for have been state grants. They are significantly easier to get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join