It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Females Naturally Attracted to Darkness Scientifically and Technologically?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I do know that we all have to learn to love all colors.

Try telling that to some 10 million colourblind American men!

More than 95 percent of all variations in human color vision involve the red and green receptors in men's eyes. It is very rare for anyone—male or female—to be "blind" to the blue end of the spectrum.

I believe we should all appreciate the colour BLUE!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yarium, you are very intelligent, but I am not trying to sow discord. I ask questions to stimulate thinking so as to provide a platform for finding the truth. I am not gifted enough to perform a complete study on my own but I frequently learn from some very bright ATS members and staff.

Is there a genetic tendency for color preference, an environmental tendency, or both? This is a basic question, but must be asked to discover the traits of all humans.

I love all colors and believe that the world would be better off if everybody did.

God Bless.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There is no evidence that anyone is genetically predisposed to preferring one colour over another. I believe that any colour preferrence is completely social and cultural and related to the historical or cultural significance and uses of a colour. Take a ridiculously oversimplified example of red being used in the west to mean stop and in the east to mean good luck.

I still dont quite understance what this post is actually about though!
Or what the original poster means by men being attracted to light etc etc but I can definately see some religious connotation coming!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Excellent post by Yarium. A book, The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron, makes a case for an organic reason for "deep thinkers". Perhaps there is a genetic color preference (I remember once working with a woman who knicknamed herself Mrs. Purple) , but what is also interesting is the effect colors have (or shades of gray for the color blind), why certain colors are used in, for example, hospitals, advertising, Las Vegas, etc. Love all colors, love one color. Just love. The rest is interesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
gfad, no evidence of genetic predisposition of color preference on 4/27/2006, but what about on 4/28/2006? Finding this predisposition would have INFINITE implications in medicine and military (and other subject matters) from the color of a pill to the colors of an anti-missile.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I define light as the revelation of truth, earth-wise or heaven-wise.

I define darkness as lies, living for the second due to...

Then to weigh in in on your original questions I would have to say that my experience would lead me to believe exactly the opposite if one had to answer one way or the other. Of course, I don't particulary believe anything could be this black and white, either way.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is really stupid...

I would say it is more the opposite, actually I think females are more warm, rational and caring than men (this to me is light), in truth the greater equality between sexes evident in the past 50 years or so seems to have created more sensitive caring men - I find this especially eveident when I compare my generation (x) to the generation before.

All I can say is that I love women very much

-SB

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Have I stumbled into some kind of alternative world? This is all very weird, even for ATS.

Anyway....

Is there a genetic tendency for color preference, an environmental tendency, or both? This is a basic question, but must be asked to discover the traits of all humans.

You appear to have forgotten your original question, wich was something about females preferring darkness and men preferring light. Without elaborating what the hell you were on about you have moved onto genetic preferences for colour. It should be pointed out that everyone perceives colour differently, so the question is probably pointless. I have no idea what you "see" when you look at something red - and I don't really care.

I love all colors and believe that the world would be better off if everybody did.

God Bless.

You must have colour preferences. How do you decorate otherwise?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well... I prefer dark chocolate and my husband loves coconut.

Does that help?

Wait, I love milk and my husband loves BROWN sugar...

We need a more scientific study, I think...

What were we talking about again? Is there a subject here?

Dae

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What were we talking about again? Is there a subject here?

I know! I know! Its about badgers remember? No wait, we are looking for scientific or technological reasons to explain why women are EVIL and need to repent lest they suffer the Blue Blusher Brush Death ™.

^^^^Evil Begone Applicator ™

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Are females attracted to darkness??

I'll tell you about what darkness I've been attracted to ...
Cole on Charmed and Spike on Buffy.
The 'darkness' of the bad boys ... mmmm ...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As a woman, I have been attracted to dark and light. And I can speak for men I know who have also been attracted to both. I think the OP needs to provide a study, an opinion, some data, SOMETHING to go on. At least for us to agree or even disagree with his theory, if there is one.

FF, Spike (or Spoike as I call him) ... I HEAR YOU! I hated him at first but by the third season, I was totally enthralled! Not to mention hot for him!
I think it was more his vulnerability I saw through his bad boy exterior that got to me, though.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
In older literature there was a tendency for women to be selfish and evil. Think lady macbeth or eve in the bible,tempted by evil and helped bring about the cause of the fall of humanity. If you ask me women got a bad rap, (though I am a firm believer in the christian faith, I do not believe woman are responsible for the evils of mankind) to attribute evils or good to the members of the entire sex for the evil others of the same sex have done is a bit illogical.

Would you punish every man on earth because one man raped a woman?

would you punish every woman on earth because she cheated on her husband/boyfriend?

no, you wouldnt.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but I find I prefer dark men, yes

Plus I do prefer nighttime to daytime, evening to morning, twlight to the noon...gosh, I must, by very definition, be a female.

Or a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I define light as the revelation of truth, earth-wise or heaven-wise.
I define darkness as lies, living for the second due to...
I am still scared of the dark.

A very ingenious way to fire up a debate.

I have no knowledge one way or another on this topic; but I do have a question.
Did you recently break up with someone? Is anger of some sort against the fairer sex what prompted this question?

You seem to have changed the subject since the quote above. I would believe this first quote would more represent your thoughts initially. Seems like you’ve decided that the ladies are into the dark side of the force. I’ve always thought they were more like the light at the end of the tunnel. Or is this more of an Eve partaking of the forbidden fruit sort of a thing? You don’t send your wife out to the woodshed during her time of the month do you?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Or is this more of an Eve partaking of the forbidden fruit sort of a thing?

Well ... a lot of us are attracted to the 'bad boys'.
Like BH and I said ... Cole, Spike ....

Oh and for those girls who like Angel and not Spike ....
Angel got FAT and had a child with Darla. Spike DIED
for Buffy (and came back of course). Spike is it!!

(BTW - I saw James Marsters on a few episodes of Smallville)

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
GreatTech

Do you have some issue with women? Perhaps a bad experience, to tell you the truth I have always been surrounded by white light so I have not clue where the darkness comes from.

Light or darkness is just part of energy but for some reason is view as right or wrong or good and evil with religious connotations.

I thing your are confuse.

Byrd

Thanks for defending us the weaker sex
I don’t know what will be of us without you.
with threads like this.

Benevolent Heretic

I have to agree that even my husband and me can be categorized into light and dark issues.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
As a man I will take pride in stating a team of men created Atomic Weapons.

A man was also the inventr of the first multi-shot firearm, Samuel Colt.Source

All the other gun-innovatiosn were also by men.

Explosives have existed for centuries, and the first human to experiment with gunpowder would have to be credited with that. Of course there is no way to confirm who that was. Most wars are fought by a majority man military and started by men. Men rule the majority of nations across the globe and are also responsible for most of the tyrannical dicatorship nations which bring unjust suffering and death to innocent citizens.

Of course woamn was the one to sampel the forbidden fruit, which could be said as the first one to have listened to Satan. Of course this theory wil just not fly with Athiests or even non-Christians, and has no basis in science. So yea umm what else could you bee trying to say?

I tend to believe females are victimized the most on this planet.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have looked at the two (light/darkness) as opposite versus the typical opinion of dark is bad. As the bearer of light or eating from the tree of knowledge. Dark is a good think rest or serene but when you bring light into darkness you have trouble.
Light is often looked at knowledge but the knowledge it is reffered to, if taken to much one can surely go blind. You dig? Now back to the dark where I hide.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The problem with dark is anyone or anything can lurk there unknown to those who travel it. Unfortunately this is a trait taken advantage of mostly by those with negative intentions. The light will expose all those who dwell in the dark. This is why after all light prevails over dark.

The darkness retreats when the sun comes up, or when you flick the switch to turn on the light. when you start a fire or the clouds expose the moon at night. That is when the identity of those who hide are revealed, and their intentions may be brought to light

Seriosuly it is light the enables life, not darkness. The only place in the dark depths of the ocean where life exists is where creatures emit light naturally or underwater vents have a slight hew glowing from their cracks. Without the sun (our main source of visibility) the planet would surely die within years if not sooner.

Many anchient and even modern cultures believe bringing more light into yuor home will chase away evil spirits and ward off negative thoughs and/or vibes. I personally enjoy light very very much. however, I have dwelled on the dark side of life for a few years in the past, and can bear it with no regret. there are advantages to acieving cetain golas in the dark of course, particularly those which will require stealth.

The debate comes into play is mainly that those stealthy actions are the result or precursor of negative actions Adultery, precision strikes (murder regardless of the target), infiltration (gaining knowledge that was not meant to be in your possesion), burglary/detainment/confiscation (stealing and kidnapping, regardless of the reason or target).

Darkness is where evil dwells, and darkness is where evil thoughts will come to fruition with less effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join