It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Color is Allah to Muslims?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The famous Light Verse answers the quesiton.

Verse of light

The verse of light (Arabic: آیة النور‎, translit. āyat an-nūr) is the 35th verse of the 24th Sura of the Quran, Sura an-Nur. The verse is renowned for its remarkable beauty and imagery, and perhaps more than any other verse lends itself to mystical or esoteric readings of the Quran.

en.wikipedia.org...

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.
The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp,
The lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star,
Lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree,
Neither of the east nor of the west,
Whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire.
Light upon light.
Allah guides to His light whom He wills.
And Allah presents examples for the people,
and Allah is Knowing of all things.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
He is any color you want him/her/it to be. Use your imagination, cause that's all he is , a figure of your imagination.

P.S. take that same answer and apply it to any of the other 3300 + gods man has created in their head.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Koran is heavily based of Judaism's lore, mixed in with Arabic themes and some of N.T too. All the patriochs you can name and their epics in Judaism are litterally all considered prophets by Islam.

Id say Allah is very much like Yah Weh in that respect, except with out the cranky old, don't wake me old man attitude. They both have no actual depiction at all of how they look, and both forbid any images of them at all...much like Mohammed in satire these days which is why some Muslims throw out the beheading meme.

Allah and Yahweh are basically formless.

Also, I do think Islam is highly based of Zoroastrianism as well, maybe some eastern lore too. Like Mohammed Burraq mount may have been inspired by sphinx.

edit on 26-4-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GreatTech

the Arab Allah is not a generic term for God the Lord Almighty, Jesus Christ.

They are two totally different beings. God is said to be the same yesterday, today and forever. Yet the God of the Moslem called Allah is not even remotely the same as the Lord God Almighty. Go through the Koran and list all the attributes of Allah and go through the Bible and list all the attributes of the LORD. They are way different for one Allah is never said to be Love, while the Bible says God is love.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

It's a generic term for Judaism's el. Judaism and Islam reject Jesus Christ as God. They don't recognize triune god. They only worship one whole God. So yes, you are correct, Arab Allah is not for Jesus. It's for YHWH, the Most High EL.

As with Judaism, Islam has many proper names for Allah. 99 names of Allah is essential for Muslims to know. Example of 99 Allah's names are, العدل ( Honest, Just, Righteous ),العفو ( the pardoner ),الأحد ( the one ),البديع ( the incomparable, the originator, the creator ), etc.

Unlike Jews, Arabs have no fear to use Allah's many names. Therefore they don't confuse Allah with the prophet Muhammad.
edit on 29-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The Hebrew word designating God in the OT is EL, Allah being the Arabic. Both languages btw are Semitic languages and have many similarities.

In Arabic, when denoting God often the vowel A is left out in the Quran and the word is LLAH and they interpret that as God.

To Muslims, Allah is the proper name for the deity which is the essence of all of Gods attributes.

Jesus to Muslims is a Holy Prophet of great stature.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Chap 2: v 138 is a direct reference to color in the Quran. Likely a metaphorical reference

“The colouring of Allah! And who is better in colouring than Allah? And we are to worship none but Him.” [Al Baqara: 138]

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

They are way different for one Allah is never said to be Love, while the Bible says God is love.

Errr...you haven't read the Quran in any great detail, then, because one of the 99 names of Allah (as mentioned by EasternShadow above me) is Al-Wadood, i.e. the All-loving.

And I suppose it isn't really related to this thread, but I'm curious about what you consider God's manifestation of love is in Christianity. People usually quote John 3:16 to me in this situation, but I never really understood that: it's inventing a problem, and then showing a solution to it, and claiming that is love. If one felt that every person has an innate goodness (rather than the Christian concept of the original sin), and if one didn't believe in the need to use innocent blood to wash away sin, then the "love" alluded to in John 3:16 is not meaningful.

That's exactly what it is. To reiterate what was already mentioned before, yes, Christians before Islam, during Muhammad's lifetime, after Muhammad's lifetime, and even today, use "Allah" to refer to God. There's no other word they could use. I'm sorry if this troubles you.
Heck, even just arabic bibles gives you all the evidence you need. The aforementioned John 3:16 is a good example. It uses the word "Allah" to refer to God ("اللهَ" in arabic). Or if you want passages that specifically refer to Jesus as God (other people usually saying it, since finding a passage where Jesus calls himself God is much harder), there are loads of those too. For example, 1 Timothy 3:16, the english translation of which says "God was manifested in the flesh" literally uses the word "Allah".
1 Timothy 3:16 in arabic

edit on 29-4-2018 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It really offends you that Allah is your deity doesn't it? IF you've actually read the Quran, and looked at the theology, they are one and the same diety. Jehovah is Allah, and Allah is your tribal deity.

Those who deny this, are usually looking to vilify Islam. Which is bad news, the same deity, has badly behaved followers in all the three main flavours (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam).

If one is going to deny that Allah is God is Jehovah. One then has to deny the God Jehovah, and thus the entirety of the old testament is the same being in the New Testament. The folks who often do this, are Identity Christians, who are utter scum.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

It is not for YHWH that is a Greek god of knowledge the Hebrews brought to Greece by Alexander the Great to produce a Greek copy of the Torah. When they found the God of Knowledge had a similar name of JHVH, they used some of the consonants to make the two the same.

Just like making El, Allah, except this time it is the Arabs playing the same game the Hebrews did to the Greeks on the rest of the world.

Neither the Byzantine text, the Syrian text or the Ethiopian Bibles of which there are many copies were for the people of the middle east, God is never addressed as ALLAH. Only after 1880's did men make translation that used the term ALLAH as a generic term and not an actual god as he was known in the pre-Islamic days, circa 600AD, the moon god with three daughters.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I will suggest one book to you all other than the AKJV Bible.

And that is "Will the Real "ALLAH" "the god" Stand Up?

It will open your eyes to the truth about the so called god, Allah.

Another book would be "The Holy Scriptures (AKJV) vs the Koran"

or maybe "Why I am not a Moslem"

At least with the AKJV Bible I have names and know who the men are God, the LORD Almighty used to pen his words. Not one person put their name to the Koran not even Mohammad. He didn't write he couldn't read. All book and the Bible were read to him. Some one else penned what he claimed on plant leaves. We know who penned the book of Jeremiah, and who penned the book of Job, we know who penned the five books of the law.

But not one person who penned for Mohammad once put their name down so we know who wrote what when. I have six different English versions of the Koran (one from 1896) and none of them agree, just like 99% of the so called bibles available today do not agree.

Much like the different Bible versions today, there are flavors of interpretations of the Koran based on sect or as we call them in Christianity Denominations. The current one trying to kill off all other versions is that promoted by the Islamic State known as ISIS they claim to have the only true INTERPRETATION, Sunni interpretation. While the Shiites claim they have the only true interpretation. And here in America you have the Nation of Islam and it is nothing like Islam of Indonesia, Africa, Middle East.

It is the same problem here as it is with Bibles today, SINFUL, MURDEROUS, SICK, PERVERTED MEN AND WOMEN DESIRING TO RULE OVER OTHER SINFUL, MURDEROUS, SICK, PERVERTED MEN AND WOMEN.

But sin was already dealt with on the cross. Love it or leave it.

edit on 30-4-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It is not for YHWH that is a Greek god of knowledge the Hebrews brought to Greece by Alexander the Great to produce a Greek copy of the Torah.

Your history is very bad.
First, no scholars know exactly the origin of YHWH.
Second, the oldest surviving Greek manuscripts was a fragment of Septuagint, which was translated from Hebrew Tanakh. Therefore, YHWH as national God of Israelites had long been recorded in Hebrew Tanakh before Greek translation.
Third, YHWH had been the national god of Israelites since late Bronze age, before Alexander the Great visit Simon the Just. Read Hebrew's Tanakh.

When they found the God of Knowledge had a similar name of JHVH, they used some of the consonants to make the two the same.

I have no interest in the origin of Greek's Septuagint. My interest is the oldest known source of Bible ( Old Testaments ) or Quran, which is the Hebrew Tanakh. Whatever Greeks did to Septuagint had no releven to the Hebrew's Tanakh.

Just like making El, Allah, except this time it is the Arabs playing the same game the Hebrews did to the Greeks on the rest of the world.

Or like English AKJV Christian playing the word game of "LORD" to make Jesus a god.

Neither the Byzantine text, the Syrian text or the Ethiopian Bibles of which there are many copies were for the people of the middle east, God is never addressed as ALLAH.

Don't be ridiculous. Neither of this texts used English term "god" as well. Languages terminology is irrelevant.

Only after 1880's did men make translation that used the term ALLAH as a generic term and not an actual god as he was known in the pre-Islamic days, circa 600AD, the moon god with three daughters.

Your argument is moot. According to your logic, only after English Bible first publication in 1526, men used the term god as a generic term, and not an actual god as he was known in the pre-christian days, circa 325AD, the Sun god with son and holy ghost.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Well considering that description of god comes from people like abraham and that the muslim religion was started by one of his sons I would say they believe that allah is made of light.

Especially when you realize that allah means god in arabic.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I will suggest one book to you all other than the AKJV Bible.

Yeah right, the author of unicorn. This is what happen if you don't refer to the meaning in Hebrew Tanakh. You end up with mythological creature.

But sin was already dealt with on the cross. Love it or leave it.

Jesus word on the cross was, "Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani" Therefore, I leave the sin myth on cross.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

the history you have has been changed to hide the truth.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

A unicorn is a hair covered, one horned beast that cannot be tamed, anyone who thinks it is a horned horse is a fool.

I would not want to die with those words "I leave the sin myth on cross" in my heart for they would condemn me forever.

Being forsaken was a necessary part of the work Jesus came to do, that is why he agonized in prayer the night that began the sixth day of the week of unleavened bread.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Well first off they are the same god. All the God of Abraham. Mohammed wasn't a god He's a profit.
And really...What color?
Are not all races children of god?
And for the record...
Brown hair and brown eyes are the dominant color gene so there are many many more dark haired dark eyed people than blonde blue eyed people.

You seem extremely young and a little confused.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dgtempe

Give me a break.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: wang

Or just guys with hair. Lol

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: truthound

Woe. The Koran mentions Mary and Jesus.