It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else like to eat raw ground beef?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
thanks to fast food im a full vegetarian now!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I hunt a lot, and I usually eat a bite of my kill while I'm gutting it. I am convinced that I could live happily off of raw meat.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

You need to hope you dont get worms lol........of all the foods to eat raw ground beef is not a good idea IMO.

Have you gone as far as to have a raw ground beef burger yet?

Your not pregnant are you?

Here try some

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have actually been eating raw ground beef for a little over a 11 years. I eat about two to three times a month. I have never gotten sick never felt ill in anyway. I am the only member of my family that even lets raw beef enter my mouth. I have eaten raw filet mignon also raw new york strip steaks cut into smaller pieces. I never had a bad experience. I mean when I was much younger around 7 or 8 my mother use to make me drink two raw eggs every other day and i still do that til this day. I had to explain this to my doc wheni became pregnant because i was accustomed to that being a part of my diet and although very closely monitored I was not directly told that I should not. Now my kids are 4 and 3 and they all enjoy a little bit of raw ground beef every now and then. So I guess it a person by person case. Not everyone gets negative effects.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Raw meat is good. Just be careful of the source to reduce risks of bacterial or viral contamination. I used to love steak tartare as a child, just don't trust today's meat industry. What about sushi/sashimi everyone? Raw fish is raw meat. aside from the texture I don't find the flavour that much unusual or different from cooked, except maybe for beef. To each his own. Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Does anyone else like to eat raw ground beef?

If you ever saw this all going into the grinder, you never would, hehe...

But, my wife eats raw meat (though not ground beef) all the time... When we're cooking, she's always chomping on it... She likes her steaks and her burgers really rare too....

Me, I'm more of a medium kind of guy...I like my meat cooked.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yowcha.!!!

You can eat practically raw beef or venison coz it's quite a dense meat and not so prone to germs entering..

Chicken/pork is more 'porous' (not the right word but close enough) and lets in the buggies.

Eating GROUND beef/mincemeat is a BAD idea unless you just freshly ground it yourself and eat it there and then.

But when was anyone ever hurt by a few itsy bitsy germies.?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'll eat raw beef from the numerous stores I shop at, and yes I know it's not healthy, but damn I can't help it. My digestive tract is a complete mess I'm sure, but that's just how I roll.

Peace

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I eat entire steaks raw. I have tried the ground beef but, I much prefer the whole red meat.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
As a vegetarian - I was like lord NO! Let me make it very clear though that being a vegetarian wasnt my choice. I was born 'naturally vegetarian'. A term I use for refusing any and all meat since Birth. My Granny - who raised me - says I even knew when meat was IN things. Stew for example - and I would refuse it although I had no way of knowing about the meat in it (she removed it). Even though she never allowed me to see the meat - I just knew.

I am totally stealing your thread with thinking out loud. Sorry! I will start my own. I posted to tell you I think a lot of you for your honesty on this matter.

I saw a movie not too long ago where this dude was eating ground beef and I had to excuse myself. I cant think - smell - look or even be around any meat. To me its unnatural.

Growing up on the reservation - meat was a friggin' FEAST! You ate things that grew from the ground most of the time. Meat didnt hit the table too often. We ate mostly off the land rather than things we would have to kill. Though we would sometimes have to do that too.

I dont know if you - like me being born a 'natural vegetarian' (I dont know what else to call it) were born a 'natural carnavoir? Something to ponder.

Please stop eating the meat raw! Bum worms can really harsh your mellow man.

Pass the Beans!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow, never really considered it, of course I've heard of steak ta tare... But never considered just lopping off a bit of steak before I cooked it and eating it.

To be honest I have never actually brought any meat that I trusted enough to do that, I usually cook my steaks on the rare to medium side... Although it really depends on the cut, a friend of mine would give me some free steaks sometimes... they got well done!

I think as I am right now the only meat I would happily eat raw would be a fish I'd just pulled out of the river, don't know exactly why that is, maybe cows could carry more germs that are compatible to my body?

Any way.. I urge everyone never to think about raw white meat!!! No Chicken of piggy wiggy!!! cos that would just be daft.

Is it wrong that I feel like getting a burger king now?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PL

Just ate a half pound of the grocery store variety 80% lean ground beef and it was fantastic! Montreal steak spice and Lea & Perrins, as I sat down to this feast I decided to check out online if other people were doing this kind of thing. Although I ate this meat in the face of the potential mega risk, I have never been sick from it. I only do it 2-5 times a year, just get a craving, liked it from the time I was a kid, don’t know how it started.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Raw burger....

Steak Tartar

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Steak Tartar

Have you eaten it?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Oh man, no way could I eat raw ground beef. Even when i make tacos and have to pull it apart to cook it. It creeps me out. I have this fear of raw meat that I am slowly starting to get over more as I need to cook dinner myself.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join