It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush names new Press Secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

www.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Acknowledging the challenges ahead, former Fox News analyst Tony Snow began his second stint at the White House on Wednesday, this time as press secretary.

President Bush appeared with Snow in the White House briefing room to announce his choice 15 years after the commentator was a speechwriter for President George H.W. Bush.

It has just been announced on CNN that George Bush has named Tony Snow his new Press Secretary.

After reading the story, some different parts stuck out to me.

As a commentator, Snow, 50, has had some critical things to say about the president.

For example, in a November 11 column, Snow wrote that Bush's "wavering conservatism has become an active concern among Republicans, who wish he would stop cowering under the bed and start fighting back against the likes of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Joe Wilson."

Seems to be an interesting choice.

With Bush's approval rating in the basement, this is a tough time to come in.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So a guy who works for Fox News is going to tell America how great Bush is? Are you sure he's qualified?

He does have more charisma than McClellan. Who knows? Maybe he can raise Bush's popularity numbers into the 40s!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
im sorry, but i just had to laugh when i saw this in the news. why, you may ask? .....

www.answers.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I guess Bush must still not pay attention to the news. Man, Bush would be funny except he's to dangerous.

Tony Snow On President Bush: ‘An Embarrassment,’ ‘Impotent,’ ‘Doesn’t Seem To Mean What He Says’
Here’s some of what he’s had to say about the President:

Snip
– Bush has “lost control of the federal budget and cannot resist the temptation to stop raiding the public fisc.” [3/17/06]
~~
– “George Bush has become something of an embarrassment.” [11/11/05]
~~
– Bush “has given the impression that [he] is more eager to please than lead, and that political opponents can get their way if they simply dig in their heels and behave like petulant trust-fund brats, demanding money and favor — now!” [9/30/05]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
So a guy who works for Fox News is going to tell America how great Bush is? Are you sure he's qualified?

Occurs he is. . . Bush said he is his friend. . . plus he is from his favorite news channel FOX!!!!!!!!

Can you get anything better than that?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well , you know what that means.....They have pictures of Tony with a [insert favorite farm animal]. Blackmail is the cornerstone of our democrazy.

Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to post the name of the first White House Press Secretary appointed by George W. Bush in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i kinda like that bush doesn't mind picking a guy who has disagreed with him. I haven't been a Bush fan but i have always been impressed that for a guy who is characterized as a dummy, he seems to surround himself with smart people and still seems to remain the leader.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe this is a strategic move, this is one less journalist speaking out against Bush?

Maybe..?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Time to change the nozzle already? Jeez...

They really need to spew less crap if the crusty build-up is this bad...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I agree he has a bit more charisma. I cant help wondering if this is Bush's payout to Fox for all the good years of fair and balanced news!

They want to emphasize (Fox) that Tony has critisized Bush. All the while Limbaugh in a drug induced haze, said that Tony is not conservative enough!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to post the name of the first White House Press Secretary appointed by George W. Bush in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

I'll bite: Ari Fleischer.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Majic's Political Easter Eggs

Originally posted by Durden
I'll bite: Ari Fleischer.

Correct! 500 PTS Points in your pocket!

new topics

top topics

join