It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holiday as executionist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Is it plausible, that there is a new wave of 'Xtreme-holiday experience' up?

Like arranging tours to a Islamic country, pay off corrupt jailors, to arrange a stoning of local criminals?

It is bound to be really exhilarating.

Being the arranger, it would be a way to make a bundle of greenbacks. I believe the bribes to arrange this 'jailfest' would be minor, compared to what the VIP's pertaining, have to pay to tag along!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I've heard rumors about things like this back in the 1980's when I was part of the peacekeeping forces in Lebanon. Some of these rumors came from the intellegence guys on the ship. What was supposed to be happening was that people would fly into Lebanon and be set up in a hotel room on the edge of one of the disputed areas and given a rifle. They would snipe at people that they saw from the balcony. Some of the factions were supposed to have used this as a way of raising funds to support their efforts. I don't know how accurare this information is but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wow... sounds alot like the idea behind the movie Hostel.

In any case, this is a pretty messed up concept. I'm sure there must be some sort of underground market for this sort of activity (heck, there's an underground market for most anything).

I'd really hate to run into someone who's be willing to partake in such an activity. That sort of persaon cannot be right in the head...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
Wow... sounds alot like the idea behind the movie Hostel.

Interesting, I haven't seen that one yet!
-Doh, I am too slow to come up with any new stuff.

In any case, this is a pretty messed up concept.

I agree, that the concept is beyond borderline sanity. Although, as a contrarily perspective; It is 'only' past the line of accepted political/human-ethical correctness.
Put aside all 'falsifying' emotions, and 'prejudical' bonds. Actually, by using other words, I could say; put a man in uniform, give him a gun, send him/her abroad 'to see the world'... ...some of them really enjoy doing that.

I'd really hate to run into someone who's be willing to partake in such an activity. That sort of person cannot be right in the head...

I totally agree with you. People must be plain out dumb, to go shoot others! No matter voluntary or unvoluntary!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hostel is supposedly based off true events as well. Some Thai website where for a massive fee they would torture and kill people in front of a web cam, did some research and can't find any information about it though. Not exactly the same but similar.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Guess the ultimate fun would be visiting astral levels where these sickoes end up, begging ala Lazarus, for a cup of water to slake their eternal thirst.

Or, take an inter-dimensional tour of the nether-regions where, as Monroe alleged, perverts, torturers, sadists, psychopaths and others who made/make this world such a cesspit can be viewed as they writhe and groan in snake-pit like mounds, forever consigned to mental misery so profound they don't even realise they're in hell, or a good approximation of it.

The budget version would be paying for a bird's-eye view of life's drop-kicks as they croak and groan through their last half hour on earth in the knowledge they're soon about to pay for their few years of enjoyment in other's misery.

Guess that's why we were made mortal: it's just an elimination process to weed out the #e before elevation to the next bit of the coil. Stuff it up here and that's the end of the road for you, chum. Makes sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Good point, Dock 6!

I guess this isn't a more widespread 'hobby', because of most people still believeing in supreme beings, deamons and angels, and thus being afraid of ending up in a place of sulphur and no aircondition.
-That and still having familiar bonds, being preoccupied with earning money for house-rent, food and clothes. Raising families and all other mundane task of daily life. ...thankfully.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ulvetan,

Ive heard of these rumours previosuly in the past and never came across anyone who had either partaked or who wqs involved in any of this stuff.

I do disagree with your analogy of only 'sicko's' who would be interested in being involved in this sort of stuff and not doing normal things such as work and raise family etc.

I work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week in a labour intensive occupation to make ends meet, pay bills, put food on the table and raise my family and to ensure I can provide as much of their needs as I can and to ensure they are safe and protected. To relax, I go hunting once in a while or fishing, and take down boars, kangaroos, foxes and cats. (Our large game is limited here in Australia).

I'd love nothing more if I could afford it to travel to a place on this planet where I could releive some built up anger, stress, and possibly even revenge against certain people/s of my choosing. Im not talking about a 'Hostel' type of situation but an actual man-hunt through the forests or hills of Europe or Russia I think would be exhilarating. It'd be a rush, and a different aspect to the hunting that I normally do.

Yeah, you can call me one of those 'sickos' if you like, but whats to say that what Im doing is actually that wrong? I know I'll probably offend some of you with this reply but I know for a fact that there are many people out there who, if given the chance and the guarantee of not being prosecuted would relish the chance at rebenge for whatever their resons are and/or just the thrill of it. Who's to say that the person being hunted isn't a death row criminal anyway?

He could be some murderer himself, a rapist or whatever and you are just partaking in the issuing of justice with a twist - by turning it into a sport. Bit like Arnold Schwarzneggars movie 'The Running Man'.

Any one else out there agree with me or am I the only 'sicko' as Ulvitan call it on the site?

Melbourne_Militia

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Any one else out there agree with me or am I the only 'sicko' as Ulvitan call it on the site?

Funny. I never used the word 'sicko', 'psycho' or any other tag on anyone being interesting in partaking in this kind of 'recreation'.
Although, comparing the mind of a being, partaking in this, to a majority of psychological books, You would be correct in calling him/her/it, a sociopath/psychopath.

The difference from being one, is actually partaking in it.

So, I would call those who would arrange a 'jailfest' like this, a sociopath.
The partakers would clearly be psychopaths.
By 'only' thinking of it, I would consider You as neither, although I surely prefer to not know you on a personal level, nor wanting to live in close proximity to You.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We have that here. We call it paintball. Some weekends we divide into teams and play capture the flag using paintball guns. Other times we play fox and hares. Send one guy out and then have a bunch chase him. See if we can get him before he gets us. It is a great way to vent stress and no one gets hurt.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Paintball generally just makes me more stressed out. I am no good at it, and generally get tagged before I even pull the trigger.

top topics

join