It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas:'Nice Guys' Who Wear Levis & Travel With Children Likely Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.tv...

Texas Training Pamphlet: 'Nice Guys' Who Wear Levis & Travel With Children Likely Terrorists
Says people who use cellphones and e mail should be under suspicion

Paul Joseph Watson/Prison Planet.tv | April 26 2006

A Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Law Enforcement pamphlet gives the public characteristics to identify terrorists that include buying baby formula, beer, wearing Levi jeans, carrying identifying documents like a drivers license and traveling with women or children

Visit link for pamphlet.

Ok, so we are all terrorists? Except for the beer, i do all the above now and then.
Do you see the "rights" we have lost? This is what us lefties mean when we have our daily rants here on ATS.

I should speak for myself. This is what I mean about our rights being taken away.

I'd like some feedback from those who claim nothing has been taken "away".

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
They are correct in what they say, but it's hardly helpful - why bother making people paranoid of everyone when it serves to accomplish nothing? How the hell is it supposed to help distinguish between a terrorist and a normal person?

Some sort of retard wrote it and an even bigger one published it

5 Ways to spot a terrorist

1. Terrorists are known to pee and poop in an effort to blend in with the population.
2. Terrorists can often be seen eating food and drinking, some people mumble that 'they need to stay alive (hehe) like everyone else', of course we all know that this is a psyop technique to blend in.
3. Terrorists often have 2 arms, 2 hands (sometimes a hook) and 2 legs - this again is a sure sign of their hidden intentions.
4. Terrorists can sometimes be seen watching movies at the pictures, though they are obivously planning their next attack.
5. Terrorists like to read to teach themselves about their enemy and techniques to use against them - the only way to combat this it to stop educating people and burn all books.

Sieg Heil!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Awesome I shall mark Texas as a place not to travel. In all seriousness I'm an IT student who loves to take pictures and I wear relatively normal clothing (except for Levis, too expensive for my budget) so I can just see myself being picked up on suspicion of terrorist activites for maybe taking pictures of some industrial stuff to add to my stock photography collection for web design work. Its also kills me how the pamplet states that terrorists are aware of their surroundings (which indicates that most average americans arent) and as a CCW holder I find this both disturbing and insulting, becuase its in my self-interest to make sure I don't walk into a place that could put me in danger, even if I am carrying; so now I have to worry about seeming too aware of my surroundings?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Texas is where Bush is from isn't it? Says it all really.....

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What the....

This description covers a alrge portion of the male population.

What guy doesn't like his levis? or his beer? or carries a driver's license?
And more so... buying baby formula is a red flag?! Traveling with women and childeren?

Sounds like being a young father makes you a terrorist suspect....

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Known to use disguises or undergo plastic surgery, especially when featured on police wanted posters.

Huh. You know, I've seen that done in MOVIES, but I haven't heard of it happening otherwise. Not to say it hasn't, but, I have never read once, "Today FBI agents apprehended John Doe, mastermind of 27 robberies. The job was made more difficult due to the efforts the criminal made to alter his appearance with plastic surgery." People grow a beard, or shave, or die their hair, or shave it off, but plastic surgery?

I wonder how often this happens, if true.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Regarding the baby formula.

The pamphlet is somewhat badly worded. It should have indicated clearly (its does so in an unclear manner) that THEFT of large amounts of baby formula is a possible indicator or terroristism support structures.

It has been recently shown that many criminal organizations with the US, who directly and indirectly support various ME terrorist groups, have been resorting to stealing and reselling baby formula to generate raw cash. As anyone with a child will tell you, a relatively small amount of high-quality formula has a large cash value, and can be easily re-sold to any number of willing buyers, especially small Mom & Pop stores. Theives are targeting stores and distributors where formula is kept in large quantities, like Walmart and large chain drug stores, and then re-selling the baby food booty for big sums of cash, which is often funneled overseas. The phenomenon seems to be a hot trend in US based terrorist support groups, especially in large cities where law enforcement is already overworked with drugs and violent crimes. No time to put a lot of man hours in baby food capers, as you can see......

So, Dgtempe....please explain what "rights" you have lost exactly? And what does left wing vs. right wing have ANYTHING to do with anti-terrorism training and awareness?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The right to be yourself. The right to "feel" free.
Not being under an umbrella of suspicion because you fit THIS pamphets prophile.

Dude, i could go on and on,.....What else dont you know?

The right to be told the truth by your government ? (even semi truths would do)
The right to walk down the street without Big Brother or who knows, the thought police stalking you?

The priviledge to pay for gas and eat both in the same day....

I think you get the hint.

Let me know if that is not enough.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

The right to be yourself. The right to "feel" free.
Not being under an umbrella of suspicion because you fit THIS pamphets prophile.

Just what the heck are you talking about? The right to "be yourself" and "feel"? I got news for you. The Constitution doesn't guarentee you the right to "feel" anything. The right to "Be yourself"? What the heck does that mean? Sounds like some esoteric new-age hippy crap left over from the 60's. Be yourself? From what I've read on these boards you are plenty yourself......

Dude, i could go on and on,.....What else dont you know?

The right to be told the truth by your government ? (even semi truths would do)
The right to walk down the street without Big Brother or who knows, the thought police stalking you?

You are all over the road. I want to know what your problem is with an official public safety office trying to disseminate helpful hints to law enforcement personnel and the general public, in an effort to defeat domestic terrorism and those who support it?

Lemme guess, you were one of those people the were yelling "Why isn't our government protecting us!" right after 911, right? Yet, when good people try to do the right thing a put out a product that is designed to protect people (albeit a badly designed and worded one), you cry "foul!" and "invasion of privacy!". Well, which is it? You want privacy, or you want the government to try to protect us?

I got news for you. Cops look at you all the time. Even to local yokels on The Cape. You are just another potential criminal to be watched. What do you think is going through the mind of the cop sitting in his cruiser when you roll by him? It isn't "Gee, there goes another law abiding citizen whom I won't bother because she deserves her privacy as guarenteed under the Constitution". Wake up! You have been watched by you local, state and federal government from the day you were issued an SSN and went to your first day of school.

The priviledge to pay for gas and eat both in the same day....

I think you get the hint.

Let me know if that is not enough.

Ya, well gas is getting expensive, isn't it. Kinda blows the whole "We invaded Iraq for oil" theory up into little pieces. I find it ironic that a Texas oil man president is fading in his approval ratings because he can't control the price of oil AND he must work to keep his fat cat oil cronies who supported him happy.

Terrorism and force protection were here long before we invaded Iraq, and it will be with us long after we have pulled out, and long after GWB is out of office.

No, I don't get the hint. Your dissatisfaction with GWB, the war in Iraq, and the price of oil have NOTHING to do with good people trying to protect the lives of Americans within our own borders. Bitch all you want about the causal factors, but save it for another thread.

You rights are just as intact as they were 5 years ago. Stop whining.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyrosplease explain what "rights" you have lost exactly?

Well, that's kind of a selfish attitude. Why do people only have to be concerned if they have lost their own rights? People are protesting the loss of rights of the population at large, individual people, as well as the proposed hegemony of the US government.

This Texas pamphlet is a form of conditioning the populace to police others. In itself, this isn't a problem, but what exactly they want the populace to police is the problem. Apparently policing "normal" people will be the standard in Texas.

And, your assertion that the intentions of this pamphlet is what matters, while idealistically it would seem practical, in reality this is not what matters. The form that these good intentions take and the moral luck of the situation determines how people will value this pamphlet. Thus, encouraging the population to report normal guys as terrorists is a major problem for the innocent who will be affected by pamphlet.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out, there was some discussion about this yesterday.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If anyone wishes to see this pamphlet just click to enlarge

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As WyrdeOne mentioned, there is already an existing thread on this topic.

Please direct your thoughts and contributions to the ongoing discussion, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed

top topics

join