It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution...the cure for a Corrupt government.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
My point exactly borg. I feel however that we have gone to far down this path to be able to fix our government. Sometimes you have to build a new damn before the plugs you've put in your last burst. the time is now to have a backbone...on that you are 100% correct...I trully do hope though that you are correct in the other ascpect that now is not the time for revolt...that there is still a way for the people to remedy this atrocity that we call our Elected Government.

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There is. Help support a referendum that will make a law that gives every US citizen of legal voting age the right to vote on ALL legislation that passes through Congress. That would solve the problem pretty much all by itself.

What it effectively does is it makes the People the governing body, as the Founders wanted us to be from the beginning. The only reason they devised the system they did was because the technology didn't exist yet for everyone to have a say on everything. Could you imagine the time it would have taken to collect the votes from everyone back in 1776? Would have taken months. They didn't have months to pass legislation.

Now, however, we have the technology to allow everyone to have a say on every single piece of legislation that passes through Congress. I see no reason NOT to try and make this change, for the People anyway. Let me know what you all think.

TheBorg

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Text
REAL POWER most obviously exists in the hands of those who keep the large corperations afloat,..

in the dream we all moan and complain,...

in reality why do all you egg heads go back to wal mart,.. an exxon,...

YOU EMBLAZEN those multinationals with your seal of approval,.. the diollar bill,...

YOU are the creators of your own demise,...\

I HAVN"T watched or had a television for 8 or 9 years,.. i'm only 32 so that's saying something,...

they will bamboozle you out of every last drop of independence,.. enslave you to their products and views,..

is the Army going to come in and force you to go to wal mart,.. NO NO NO,..
they obviously cant,..

the emperor is naked guys,..
his stength lye in his illusion of strength,...

Nail the Corperations,.. throw away your psy ops tele sets,...

it's your fault and your problem,...
from a foreign country you guys are looking like idiots really,...
no really,... no harm intended,..
but get a grip guys,.. what is all your education and civilisation doing you,..

talk talk talk,...

whilst your ballots are being tampered with etc etc,...

pity the mass who prey to such Corperations,...

sorry dudes,.. but you had better use this solar sunspot minimum over the next few years to swing this revol,ution,...

else 2013 is big business industrial military in full swing,...

looking forward to seeing you guys bring this baby to it's knees,..
you can do it,..
just shake a wake up,...

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
hah
im narrow minded?
im putting my head in the sand?

ok 1 in 4 males lost their life in the last revolution trying to overthrow a totalitarian government, and they still lost because the government would stop at nothing to destroy them. what do i mean?
how about suspending the constitution to support their purposes
or declaring war on defenseless civilians burning and looting houses.
and that is the side that won, and the government that we have now is a descendant of that one, so if you want to start a revolution go ahead. Ill laugh when you wind up in jail or "missing".

Voting? I used to believe in this one i really did, but no longer. Both parties are the same crap but just different flavors of it. You can choose between a red turd or a blue one, knock yourself out. Both are controlled by big business and lack any spine to do anything. they cant even pass lobbying reform in the senate. they are all professional political prostitutes doing favors for who ever will give them money.
unless you have millions and a lobbying firm guess what your voice wont be heard.

Instead you should notice this government is digging its own grave and getting ready to start putting dirt on top of itself. Our dollar is inflating we are militarily overextended and corruption is rampant. Smells like decay to me.
give it time you’ll get your chance, but now isn’t the time youll just wind up in jail or "missing".

[edit on 1-5-2006 by TheRepublic]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
TAKE A TIP FROM GANDHI,...

DON'T PUT YOUR MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS,...

DON'T EVEN WALK THROUGH THE DOOR,..

BUY LOCAL,. DON'T SUPPORT THE CORPERATIONS,..

ON A MASS LEVEL THIS CAN CRIPPLE,...

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
TheRepublic:

If you had paid attention to what I said, you would have noticed that I suggested that ALL US citizens have the same voting privilages as those in Congress. This would eliminate the ability for lobbyists to "buy" votes from prospective voters. They can't buy everyone.

Keep an open mind, and embrace new ideas that show promise. If my idea doesn't show the promise that everyone thinks it should, then please tell me what it lacks. I'd be very interested in any ideas posed.

For the interim, I just want to reiterate my views that a revolution isn't necessary, since change is still possible. We all just need to stop being so complacent, and stand up and say with definitive statements that we're tired of not having a say. That's all that's needed.

Keep your heads high,

TheBorg

top topics

<< 1   >>

join