It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2006 does Might still make Right?(Economically, Politically, Socially, etc.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
From my perspective history always tends to show that the guys who win the wars get to tell the stories about how they went down. Hence, His-story.

Personally, I believe history proves that the group who has the strongest army, most often(there are some exceptions, I dont want to argue this) not only wins the wars, but controls the global economy, global politics, and paves the future for future societies(technology).

Will this continue to be the case for the next hundred years(might makes right)?

And when China finally overtakes the US as the worlds largest(most powerful) superpower in the world, how will they rule?

Finally should or could the US stop China from superseeding the US in economic, political, tecnological, and social influence in the next hundred years?

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
China has already lost that future war that for some odd reason everybody here thinks they will win. Overpopulated with mostly males ( because of the one child only quota, gee, I wonder what happened to all of the little girls that were born? ) who will soon reach the 1 billion " Grampa " burden. Not to mention the destruction of land etc, etc,. Massive political prisons which in some cases hold more humans than some American states. China has had 2000 plus years to become world rulers and yet they cut off their whole society instead. Just since the 1960's America has practically invented every concievable gizmo on the planet, and let's not forget the MOON stuff! And here we all sit, in front of an invention called the computer ( designed by guess who? ) blabbing all day about how BORING China will one day rule the world? Gee, I can't wait for my olive green uniform and drabby lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I agree with you that China has shot itself in the foot a few times most countries do from time to time, what I am asking is does the US need to do everything in its power to hold onto its Military Power as well as the title of World's Only Superpower?

The fact that China does have many fewer women then men will hurt them, but haven't you seen the Smurfs(hundreds of Smurfs one Smurfette, jk)

Seriously though, for the next hundred years I cannot foresee Might makes Right going out of style. That is to say that with a strong Military comes greater economical, political, societal, and technological clout.

The only alternative to Might makes Right would be a Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty signed by all countries. With Global Politics as tense as it is today I cannot imagine it ever happening.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Might makes right is a truism, because it's true. Subjective, but true. Not neccessarily right, mind you, but true. You might check with the people who didn't pocess quite enough in the way of might, and see how they feel on the matter.

China has, or is beginning to, shoot itself in the foot with its foolish notions of population control. It may achieve a level approaching superpowerdom, but it can not sustain it for very long with such idiotic government policy concerning population. Sooner or later, so many boys to so few girls will destroy China.

But since might comes in many different types, as you stated above, it's not going to go out of fashion anytime soon, if ever. Someone will always have the means to Lord it over someone else.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
One can make a million weapons but the bottom line is maintaining them. Their is your cost CHINA. They will run through oil so fast that most of the world will eventually attack them for building a massive army. To me me massive armies are easy to defeat. I think it was Saddam who had the great 1 million man man army, and he boasted that a war with him would be the mother of all battles. That was the first Iraqi war. Too bad nobody designed a structure for victory after Kuwait. Remember his river of fire?! Complete idiocy. I still can't figure why they never thought a military vehicle would absorb heat in the dessert and glow all night long. What a Turkey shoot. We even cut off their ability to flank or suppy! They just sat around wondering why everybody was dead and nobody heard a jet or tank........nothing. Good old stealth. The second war with Saddam was a simple straight line with a northern left flank. We just blasted by every little city and went straight to the source! I admit it's nutville over there now, but our army are not social workers. They performed perfectly and there in no Iraqi army. Eventually we will leave either with a happy wave or screams of revenge. The bottom line is we have been working hard on the concept of a small yet very deadly army etc,. Right over Chinas shoulders is Iran. I think they had better start thinking about just who is the threat over there. Lots of people are getting pretty upset with the BS from Iran, N. Korea, China and idiotic Russia. We have been preparing for war with all of these countries for decades and not just one or two, but all of them at once. Even if China defeated America China knows there are Nuclear American subs that will attack them a whole year later. Now, exactly how is China going to defeat a country that has more or less created their ability to create free markets? They are really screwed if they attack Taiwan. Thats like blowing up the bank that loans you cash. Big armies are a waste of time. Just as with Japan, China may become powerful, but who cares? It is freedom and creative interest that makes one powerful. There are no Beatles or or all too much of anything which would bring an interest to the world. So far, capitalism is the reason the world loves America. Hate it or not, we are creators of fresh ideas. By the way a warning from China or Russia to leave Iran alone is a joke. Israel will probably do the honors of wasting Iran, and China and Russia will NOT do one crazy thing. If they do, they will be destroyed by a Superpower which is a Superpower because of all of the threats we recieved from the USSR & CHINA since WW2. Take my word for it, we are not fools, just ask Russia. We forced them to break their own bank on weapons. Thats how clever we are.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Interesting point Cellerd, how we, the US, did break Russia's bank by getting them to enter a cold war against us. Do you think we could be pulling another one over on China and India with the current gas crisis. Are we waiting for them to overbid our oil contracts before we make the switch to alternative energies. Leaving them with plenty of costly energy that pollutes heavily with long term contracts that they may not be able to get out of.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
You use oil just as much as anybody else. For all I know you have 3 cars. I never heard a peep out of any people such as yourself until Bush and Cheney ruined Gores BS Chad fest in Florida. The whole world uses oil yet, of course we all know who you blame don't we? It's a good thing Bush didn't pick Ben & Jerry for VP or we'd have a daily Ice Cream scheme from people such as yourself. You and your family have been using oil your whole life but now it's evil stuff. Too bad your anger is never directed at the very people who clown around with the oil year in year out : Saudi Arabia. It's just no fun blaming a society as corrupt as them in your eyes. You take the low route hence your call name.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I would like to hear you explain in high detail how America started the cold war with the USSR. I can't wait read that pile, and really can't wait to destroy it right in front of your eyes.

top topics

join