It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Diplomat Crashed Into Kazakh Presidential Convoy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is very confusing. I've been trying to get a handle on this story, but there just isn't a clear account of who was involved.

I can't think of any good reason why someone would try to ram the presidential convoy. Without a bomb or something attached to the car, there's almost no hope of doing any real damage to the president.

Assassins don't generally use vehicles as weapons, because the plain truth is that most auto accidents are not fatal. If you're in the business of killing people, you don't substitute a wiffle bat for no reason.

Maybe RLH/LHR had something important to tell the president? Or maybe he was just drunk or otherwise impaired. Maybe he was trying to join the motorcade! What if he understood he was supposed to join the convoy, and they had no intention of letting him in. They snubbed him, maybe, and he made his situation that much worse by trying to dart in?

The country is on the front lines of the blossoming energy crisis, and it's value to Russia can't be overstated. Seems to me like there's a lot of strange happenings in the former Soviet states, intrigue that seems almost cold war-ish.

It's almost as if that darn thing didn't really end...

<< 1   >>

join