It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Purpose of Life (According to me)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Life according to me, on this day, is the realization that we are tortured animals much like that of a lion in a cage. Fighting to escape the realities through vacation or for the less fortunate brief fantasies of vacation. Our soul gets shattered by the dreams we have, the ambition we can't contain, and yet that ambition will be the ruin of us. It will ruin the fiber of my being because each day I fail to accomplish even the minor goals I've set for myself, today my fiber was shattered by a simply stupid test that I have no reason for failing. The purpose of life in my case is to have your dreams shattered and eventually lose the passions that once fueled your ambition. I do not know why I have an ambition to create a more meaningful world when all I get from it is sorrow. A case of bad karma and good intentions, perhaps...

[edit on 25-4-2006 by NukeAmbition]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've heard lots of different theories about "the meaning of life", and consider quite a few of them myself.

Personally there are some more that I wish I had heard. Particularly the ones where people apparently find out something incredible and then immediately commit suicide. I'd like to know what this information is.

Sounds like you'd be into Buddhism:

The Four Noble Truths

1. Life means suffering.

2. The origin of suffering is attachment.

3. The cessation of suffering is attainable.

4. The path to the cessation of suffering.

Source: www.thebigview.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
NukeA,
Not to worry. You appear to have the ability to turn a phrase. You might try writing after, of course, you get over the fact that you didn;t study enough for your exam and got the grade you earned.
The term tautology is used and abused in several ways but a simple def is...
If one constructs a supposition with a false assumption as part of the original construct no amount of advanced mathematics will produce a correct answer with the very unlikely exception of doing so by accident.
Therefore, to assume life has a purpose and go on from there delivers exactly the tautology that will produce no correct answer.
You'd be better of with the apparent evidence that life is a wonderful cosmic accident and be done with it.
Assigining that about which we are ignorant to an imaginary deity will achieve nothing more that wasted time and obviously one hell of a lot of carnage and copletely unnecessary pain and suffering.
Purpose of life is another prime example of the egocentricism of man and if there were a deity who created humans this deity would have a bunch of splainin to do Lucy!
sayswho (skep by any other name)

join