It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Training Pamphlet: 'Nice Guys' Who Wear Levis & Travel With Children Likely Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.tv...

A Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Law Enforcement pamphlet gives the public characteristics to identify terrorists that include buying baby formula, beer, wearing Levi jeans, carrying identifying documents like a drivers license and traveling with women or children.

This is insane.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Besides the insanity, I noticed a couple of interesting things. One was the definition supplied for terrorist; unlawful force or violence? So am I to understand there could be a non-violent terrorist under this description? That's very worrisome, on its own, even outside the alarming context.

Now, as to the authenticity..who knows? The pamphlet itself says it's prepared by an official government entity, but a forgery of something like this, for the purposes of a hoax, couldn't be easier. Do we have anyone in the Texas area who can verify these pamphlets exist 'in the flesh' so to speak. Are these being provided to the public, or what?

I'd be interested to see if this is verified or not. It wouldn't surprise me, some of the things the FBI has said to look for in the past are ridiculous - students, artists, homeless people, tourists. I remember living in NY when the FBI had that genius moment.

I go outside, I look around, and there's nothing but students, artists, homeless people, and tourists!

AHHHHHH!

What's the point? Shouldn't the average citizen leave the criminal investigations to the pros? I know it's easier for our handlers when we're fighting amongst ourselves and pointing fingers at one another, but this is hardly necessary.

I wish I lived in the sort of America where I could IMMEDIATELY say it was a hoax, and unbelievable, without even checking. Sadly, that's not the case...

[edit on 25-4-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ha Ha America is really scraping the barrel now with this terrorisim malarky!!! Everyone is going to be under arrest pretty soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Terrorists tend to assimilate themselves into society until the time has come to 'carry out their mission' so to speak.

The hijackers on 9-11 was in a bar consuming alcoholic beverages just the day before their attack, which Islamic law clearly prohibits.

But to maintsain there cover, I suppose it would be overlooked.

BTW, whoever wrote this pamlet in Texas obviously had to much fermented Agave juice prior to penning this ridiculous profiling of a terrorist lesson.

[edit on 25/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Peruvianmonk, if everyone was under arrest, this country would be a lot more manageable for the benefit of our foreign owners.

Probably more profitable too, since all that prison labor adds up.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I wish I lived in the sort of America where I could IMMEDIATELY say it was a hoax, and unbelievable, without even checking. Sadly, that's not the case...

I'm glad that I no longer live and work in Texas, and, indeed, in the US. I don't find it even slightly difficult to believe that it's true.

No-one seems to have noticed that

Terrorists gain support for their cause through a number of open and closed meetings, and they share information about their cause through
> Public rallies, demonstrations, and private meetings sponsored by support groups

Now that gives Big Brother a lot of room to target peace activists and the like. It's the old Goebbels trick - "the fatherland is in DANGER and anyone who says different is a TRAITOR!" Or now, a terrorist. And can anyone tell me of any confirmed terrorist incidents that have taken place in the US since 9/11? I know Dubya said something about thwarting an attack, but I wouldn't believe that guy if he said the sky was blue unless I could look out a window and see for myself.

As for Psyops - sorry, Pyrops:

Ya, well gas is getting expensive, isn't it. Kinda blows the whole "We invaded Iraq for oil" theory up into little pieces. I find it ironic that a Texas oil man president is fading in his approval ratings because he can't control the price of oil AND he must work to keep his fat cat oil cronies who supported him happy.

Terrorism and force protection were here long before we invaded Iraq, and it will be with us long after we have pulled out, and long after GWB is out of office.

No, I don't get the hint. Your dissatisfaction with GWB, the war in Iraq, and the price of oil have NOTHING to do with good people trying to protect the lives of Americans within our own borders. Bitch all you want about the causal factors, but save it for another thread.

You rights are just as intact as they were 5 years ago. Stop whining.

This is someone who has clearly not understood, or perhaps even heard of, the PATRIOT Act. And as for the price of gas blowing the whole theory about why Iraq was invaded, well, the oil companies all seem to be posting record profits anyway, plus... there's lots of evidence to suggest that Dubya and his cronies actually thought that the Iraqis would come and strew the streets with flowers rather than see what US troops are, the army of occupation enforcing a nationwide asset-stripping operation.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I had posted this to a thread that had been locked, so I'm dragging it over to here

If anyone wishes to see this pamphlet just click to enlarge

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's the thread Sauron was talking about. It got started after this one, so it was locked. The discussion that's taken place can still be read, if anybody wants.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
This' just in terrorists now appear to be wearing socks!

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Shroomery]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I don't seriously think that anyone can pick a terrorist out of the everyday line up of people.
No more so could we pick out a rapist, bank robber, pedophile, etc.

The whole idea of a terrorist having a successful mission, is that of being undetected up until the event occurs.

I believe blending in and being non-descriptive would be more important than learning how to build a bomb in the eyes of these groups.

Next time your out, take a look at the people you see that may seem to be acting odd or a little weird, and then try to associate them with terrorism, I'm thinking it would not take long to fill a piece of paper with concerns.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
...and that would be known as paranoia.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
People, this is insane. If I like jogging, and am an avid photographer, and carry a GPS in my car, and also pay with cash for a large amount of grocery (which some people in my area routinely do), then, according to this brochure, I'm pretty much under a suspicion. In addition, I do project a "nice guy" image (because coincidentally I am a nice guy) and like traveling with my wife and kids (also mentioned as tell tale signs of a terrorist). I wear jeans all the time and blend with the bar crowd really well.

Who on Earth wrote this paranoid and useless pamphlet?

top topics

join