It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after Death thru SubAtomic Particles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Very interesting article. And it was written in 1933. It appears the article was censored by the church. I wonder why. The future of religions hangs in the balance. Would the real reality please stand up. We need to get humanity on the same page so we can end this stupidity we call society. Spiritual consolidation by means of scientific fact. No need to rely on ancient books when we can figure it out on our own. Humanity is growing up. And I see it hurts.

=====

The Mode of Future Existence
1933 Lecture by Sir Oliver Lodge FRS

When we consider the question or Survival from the physical point of view we are up against the ancient problem of the connection between mind and body.

The body is certainly made of matter, but matter is inert, it never does anything, it is completely controlled by the forces acting upon it, which forces exist in the empty space surrounding the atoms. Left to itself, matter merely continues in whatever state it was last made to accept.

If it was spinning, it continues to spin with constant angular momentum. It has no power of changing its state or of stopping. If it was in a state of locomotion, that motion also continues unaltered.

This is called the law of inertia, and to it all material atoms are absolutely obedient, whether they form part of an engine or of a clockwork mechanism or of an animated body. There is no exception. All matter is inert.

If any change is observed in atomic or material behaviour, it is a sign of some activity, some energy apart from matter, demonstrating its existence by acting upon matter, and causing some acceleration or retardation proportionate to the force exerted. This is called the second law of motion.

Furthermore, every kind of energy known to us exists in the empty space between the atoms and exerts equal force upon the boundary atoms at either end of that space, so that every action is accompanied by an equal opposite reaction. This is called the third law of motion, or it might be called the law of energy.

www.conspiracyplanet.com...

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I love this...I actually have had a printed copy of this for a while now...since I first read it... It's very much in line with my thinking.... Thanks, as I've since lost the link...but have it again...

When people would ask me my beliefs, I'd sometimes give them this article...

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is a brilliant article! I could see why the church would surpress this. But I'm sure that lots of people will either refuse to read it, or read it and not understand the point because it conflicts with what they believe in. Or they will do what they do best. (Something I've often seen here on ATS and all other places). Ignore it.

If you get more than 15 replies, consider yourself lucky. If you get more than 30, start betting on the tigers winning the 2004 world series.

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Whoa, read the part below!!!

This article from the great English physicist, Sir Oliver Lodge FRS, linking survival with subatomic physics is posted on the Internet it will eventually lead to the end of all the religious killing throughout the world. There is no need for a faith or a belief system now that we have the proof of survival after death.

Just think, no more priests, mullahs, rabbis, "holy" men and Billy Graham type ministers of religion. O bliss, the nearest we are ever likely to come to paradise on Earth.

This Lodge article is censored from every main publication in the Theocracy of Great Britain where the Church and the state are still established: where the head of state is the supreme governor of the Church of England. The Queen is the "Defender of the Catholic Faith"! This is simply a euphemism for making sure her subjects never find out too much about the work of the outstanding scientists and philosophers of ancient Greece. If people throughout the world had been following these great thinkers then nobody would have been killed in any crazy religious squabbles.

Instead we have been following believers in supernatural religious absurdities invented by men who thought a red hot ball of fire went round a flat Earth every day. This false teaching sent men all over the world killing so-called heathens and pinching their countries. A heathen is a person who is lucky enough not to have been brainwashed by a Christian, Muslim or Jewish priest. However, this did not stop this lot slaughtering each other whenever they got the chance. We have all been taken for a terrible ride, but thanks to the Internet, ordinary decent people are beginning to realise just how badly they are being deceived by their leaders and teachers.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
But I'm sure that lots of people will either refuse to read it, or read it and not understand the point because it conflicts with what they believe in.

Can you say...................

[size=10]BYRD!

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
By the way I don�t necessarily agree with this writing, I just read Bandit�s second quote and theres a lot of crap in it

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's an editorial comment. I don't agree with all of it either, but some of it is very true.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman

Originally posted by TheBandit795
But I'm sure that lots of people will either refuse to read it, or read it and not understand the point because it conflicts with what they believe in.

Can you say...................

BYRD!

I'm actually talking about 95% of the members here and about 99.99% of people in general.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
with the concept that we are all and everything around us is nothing more than an illusion powered by God the father. "Religious" leaders don't want the masses to learn of such for it goes against the teachings of the church.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
isnt it god that gives us a path? energie? life?

i am not verry religious but spiritual, yet i dont see why a preacher would fear his disciples reading this.. does it not confirm the mans beliefs?

we are god all made of the same thing. Brahma and Maya are at the end of their game....

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah that was a pretty good

The attached can be interpreted as similar from the context of the modern day, though it does not actually go into life after death but does discuss the issue of non-locality in biological systems...

www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk...

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm certainly happy there is some interest in the subject. There does seem to be a large portion of the human collective that does not want to evolve the mind past the compartmentalizing stage. That is how we are taught in school though. And it is the example accentuated by the leadership of today's society. So it is understandable.

Everything is connected.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i wonder if souls then choose to come together, afterlife
or is there a complex that allows ones will to be amplified and cross related?...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spot
isnt it god that gives us a path? energie? life?

i am not verry religious but spiritual, yet i dont see why a preacher would fear his disciples reading this.. does it not confirm the mans beliefs?

we are god all made of the same thing. Brahma and Maya are at the end of their game....

Very cool article, thanx for the link!

Spot I would agree with you that when you look at this openly and unbiased, this WOULD BE CONFIRMING the idea of God even for the Church. It's what it DOESN'T do for the church that is keeping it suppressed by them.

What it doesn't do if force/scare people into going to church, giving money to the church, following the Churches orders, Listening to Priest's, Evangelists, Ministers, Pope's, Masters, Guru's, etc, etc. That is a LOT of BUSINESS the CORPORATE "Church" and "God Merchant's" do not want to loose. That is also a BIG loss of CONTROL to those FEW LEADERS pulling the strings and making the decisions for the MANY FOLLOWING. It's all about POWER and CONTROL over others. It can come from GOD (so the stories tell us). Right now it comes from MONEY (aka: The root of all evil). A whole bunch of that money is of course collected by those who TELL OTHERS WHO & WHAT & WHERE & WHY GOD IS, for them and everyone else.

Beats selling stereo's or working fast food wouldn't ya say?!?!?! That Dianetics guy did pretty well if I remember. All these Churches popping up all over seem to be pretty well funded too and of various "ANSWERS OF GOD" For Sale. The Catherdrals ain't too shabby either!!

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So does that mean the lectures and the books supplied by this so philosophy is based on the good of mankind?

Anyone can write about anything and give fascinating theories......it does not make it TRUTH .

You know, all people just keep going on about the Church doing this, the Church doing that.......but what are you doing???
We are all Hypocrytes and just seem to find FAULTS with eveyone else BUT ourselves!

Before we go condemning OTHERS of their faults...try looking at our OWN and then maybe, just maybe we would stop all this bickering and hypocrytical shouting in defense of our foolish minds!!!
helen...

And......
Christ our Savior said clearly, "I will establish my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt., 16:18).

the Word of God, which clearly teaches:

"That they may be one" (John 17:11);
"One Lord, one faith" (Eph. 4:5);
"Be like-minded one toward another" (Rom. 15:5);
"Be of one accord, of one mind" (Phil. 2:2);
"Be ye all of one mind" (I Peter 3:8);
"Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things... Be not wise in your own conceits" (Rom. 12:16).
There are also some among them who have a great weakness for gifts and presents and readily follow after anyone who will give them, not troubling themselves to investigate their teaching, whether it be of God (Acts 5:39). These words of the Holy Apostle Paul, For there must be also heresies among you (I Cor. 11:19), contemporary modernist theologians and ecumenists interpret totally arbitrarily, for their own advantage, not bothering to think that they are adulterating the Word of God and thereby they sin mortally.

[Edited on 10/17/2003 by helen670]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
what are you doing...
gaining knowledge? spewing forth ignorance? coming together as a people?

or reveling in the fact that there are several lost souls due to certain conditions that exist within our infrastructure, furthermore those who will live and those who dont die, so i can see why institutions would love to make a large majority of persons non willing, so their soul could come back and attempt to do an aspect of their learning all over again...

you know this site is called above top secret and the motto is "deny ignorance" what do you recgonize within your self that you refuse to admit about the state of affairs within this earth in which we are all members of....
your life as well as others has nothing to do with the belief system you practice, just because you are happy and content in your shoe box does not make it right that others are suffering for a supposed "sin"...
get off you high horse, realize that the truth is subjective, and that lives are not objects to be taken advantage of in this material plane....

now dont get me wrong, i eat meat, i have had sex, and i am a man who loves himself as well as all others regardless of what you deem as duragotary...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
So does that mean the lectures and the books supplied by this so philosophy is based on the good of mankind?

Could be? It's hard to say with so many books out there all selling God for some price. Sometimes the price is just Money. Sometimes it's more than just money. But it's always a PRICE TAG SOMEWHERE. Personally I feel if people spent as much time searching for God and WAY of LIFE on their own instead of getting the answers from others they'd do a lot better.

Anyone can write about anything and give fascinating theories......it does not make it TRUTH .

I'm in total agreement with ya! More people should think about that, huh!

You know, all people just keep going on about the Church doing this, the Church doing that.......but what are you doing???

Well, I know one thing we aren't doing. We aren't getting rich off it. Atleast I'm not.....yet!

We are all Hypocrytes and just seem to find FAULTS with eveyone else BUT ourselves!

Not true. I find plenty of FAULTS in myself too.

Before we go condemning OTHERS of their faults...try looking at our OWN and then maybe, just maybe we would stop all this bickering and hypocrytical shouting in defense of our foolish minds!!!
helen...

Well, if I find fault in myself as well as others does it make it ok then? Even if I do both equally? Atleast I just find them, I'm not going around telling those people they're going to burn for eternity because they've disobeyed the rules. Burning them or drowning them either.

Besides, they started it!! I do believe the CHURCH was judging PEOPLE before the PEOPLE started judging the CHURCH.

When I say church that doesn't have to include any specific individual either, (I can hear the Curses and Damnation threats already). So all you Good, Honest, Loving Church people out there, relax! I'm not trying to say you're included with the Corporate "God Merchants" or their "Business". Those who are, you all know who you are.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
but there not sheep tickets there wolf tickets...
tickets to the den of the wolves, and thats all fine and dandy but when will the judgements on other lives stop, when will people love and respect their bretheren regardless of beliefs, when will people no longer care about what the next man has to think about them and make strides to do righteouss things, not that it matters but it makes the overall situation more cohesive for all involved and not just certain groups...
wake up people, the time is now heaven aint here yet...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's why I always check different sources, like scientific research, theology and other religions. And What is written in that text is a very (almost perfectly) good match with what scientists are finding out lately and what earlier (ancient) beliefs claimed.

I see faults within myself daily and I try to better them. Who are you to say who has done that and who hasn't.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

the Word of God, which clearly teaches:

"That they may be one" (John 17:11);
"One Lord, one faith" (Eph. 4:5);
"Be like-minded one toward another" (Rom. 15:5);
"Be of one accord, of one mind" (Phil. 2:2);
"Be ye all of one mind" (I Peter 3:8);
"Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things... Be not wise in your own conceits" (Rom. 12:16).

Check this out... Be a sheep.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join