It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometrics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It seems a lot of work is being done in the field of biometrics, such as eye scans, facial recognition, gait (walk) patterns, voice, etc. Are there any biometric-smart people out there that could help with a question...

What distances can a sensor be from a "target" to effectively ID it through some sort of biometric data?

Any help/links would be appreciated...

[edit on 25-4-2006 by misunderestimated]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Walk the Walk: Gait Recognition Technology Could Identify Humans at a Distance
gtresearchnews.gatech.edu...

They hope to id you from 500feet.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks Links.

Great find...and that was over 3 years ago. I imagine the technology has progressed much since the article was written.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm certainly not an expert in this field, but I do have alot of interest in it.

The company I work for provides devices that have biometric fingerprint readers on them. Really interesting stuff. Very sensitive equipment, yet very durable and reliable regardless of sensitivity.

I'm eager to hear of any information others can provide on other forms of biometrics.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, I can understand why biometrics may not get the same amount of response as, say a chupacabra riding in a UFO with the second gunman, but surely there must be some experts out there.

Is it possible to identify someone using biometrics from the air?

anyone???

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That I have an answer to, and its quite definately, with out a doubt, maybe.

lol. Sorry. It is possible to identify someone from the air... but this would rely on the following:

1. The equipment would have to have the precision of a microscope... only at much further distances. (Im assuming a few thousand feet if youre referring to airborn ID.)
2. The airborn vessel will have to have the correct angle to either read retinas, facial structures, possible skeletal features, metal insterts (braces and such), augmentations...
3. It would not be capable of getting finger prints... not because it would be too far, but because people typically dont walk around plams up.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What about airborne gait recognition?

Does it work if the people wear long clothing, like an overcoat?

Thanks for the info, BTW.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
They'll have less problems IDing you from 500 ft after they install ID chips in everyone.

The day is not far off!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
They'll have less problems IDing you from 500 ft after they install ID chips in everyone.

The day is not far off!

Then support this!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join