It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite First Lady?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I kind of always liked Barbara Bushand I don't evn like a lot of her husband's politics. First woman to ever vote for her husband and son for President and have them both win!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm not an American but I have always had alot of respect for Eleanor Roosevelt
she seems to have done alot of good in her lifetime.

JM

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Uh well I'd say Hillary Clinton has to be the scariest First Lady. Seriously she looks like a psychopath.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Jackie Kennedy had style

Betty Ford had class

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Id say Jaqueline Kennedy, Eleanor Roosevelt, Nancy Reagan were probably good first lady's that stood out amongst their peers

Pie

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
Uh well I'd say Hillary Clinton has to be the scariest First Lady. Seriously she looks like a psychopath.

I agree that Hillary was one "scary First Lady" but you are probably too young to remember "Mamie" Eisenhower or "Lady Bird" Johnson. Trust me, they rate very high on the "scary" meter.

But as far as favorite First Ladies go, I have to go with Bush women. It takes a hell of fine woman to stand behind their respective husbands. On second thought, it was probably shrewd of them to do so ... (think about it).

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
"Lady Bird" Johnson. Trust me, they rate very high on the "scary" meter.

Damn straight. That photo of Johnson being sworn in on Air-Force 1, with Jackie in tears beside him and on the other side, barely able to hide the smirk on her face is Lady Bird. Man, seeing that photo sent chills down my spine.

Although not an American, I'd have to say Jackie has my vote... Grace under fire.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
jackie certainly was a beauty and amazed at how her children were relatively normal people. How do you grow up a Jack Jr in America, rich, famous and handsome and not end up as a jerk? Great mothering...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lianna
How do you grow up a Jack Jr in America, rich, famous and handsome and not end up as a jerk?

He beat women.

My favorite first lady was Betty Ford because she was always liquored up.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I had to read this thread just to see what the Love Doctor had posted, and once again he does not fail.

I'll go with Kennedy, the lady watched her husband get blown away and then picked up a peice of his head. Then stood strong in front of the close eye of millions, widowed with how many kids?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I had to read this thread just to see what the Love Doctor had posted, and once again he does not fail.

I'll go with Kennedy, the lady watched her husband get blown away and then picked up a peice of his head. Then stood strong in front of the close eye of millions, widowed with how many kids?

Ooh yeah man she was definitely one of the prettiest too wasn't she? I think she's my favorite as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe

Ooh yeah man she was definitely one of the prettiest too wasn't she? I think she's my favorite as well.

yes she definitely was the prettiest. She's my favorite too.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Style

Originally posted by TgSoe

yes she definitely was the prettiest. She's my favorite too.

Yeah man, I always mused over her every photo in the news when I was a kid. I wonder if she knew Kennedy was going to be killed that day? I doubt it the way she reacted to him being shot.

top topics

join