It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Bibles and Iran.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hypothetical question here. If a large number of Bibles were smuggled into Iran secretly, what may be the reason for this secrecy? Do they not have Christians in Iran? Are Bibles not allowed or something?

I apologise for the vagueness of my question, i was told something recently which i did'nt quite understand.

CX.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They don't like Christianity over there.
It's Mohammed or nothing.....
unlike here where you basically have freedom of religion. Freedom being the key word.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by zerotolerance]

CX

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ah i see, thanks for that.

CX.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotoleranceIt's Mohammed or nothing.....

No, this is not true. I encourage members to do their own research when confronted with such black and white visions of the world.

Most Iranians are Muslims; 90% belong to the Shi'a branch of Islam, the official state religion, and about 9% belong to the Sunni branch (many of whom are Kurds). The remainder are non-Muslim religious minorities, mainly Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Zoroastrians, Jews and Christians.[18] The latter three minority religions are officially recognized and protected, and have reserved seats in the Majles (Parliament). In contrast, the Bahá'í Faith, the largest religious minority in Iran, is not officially recognized, and has been persecuted during its existence in Iran.

en.wikipedia.org...

While I agree there is certainly more freedom over religion in America, it's erroneous to state that it is "Mohammed or nothing."

CX

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks for that Jamuhn.

Another question then. How would it be viewed over there if Westerners were to go over to Iran trying to spread the "word of God"? Would this be tolerated then if there are already Christains living there?

CX.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

How would it be viewed over there if Westerners were to go over to Iran trying to spread the "word of God"? Would this be tolerated

Haha, I sure as hell wouldn't want to go over there and try that! I'd put the life expectancy of anyone who did that down to a week!

Sep

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Iranian Armenians were some of the first Christians in the world, and their churches and right to worship and teach their children their faith are protected under the constitution. As mentioned they have a member present in the parliament. However, teaching Christianity with the hope of converting people is out of the question and both the teacher and the converter may be put to death.

new topics

top topics

join