It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution: the conspiracy of creationism's favorite son, Hovind.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
hey dudes. im just a humble skateboarder who enjoys hunting octopus for
a living. and this is the first time i have written anything on a computer ever

so now that you have a good idea of who i am. i would like to spew obsenities until my face turns red. hence the the little dude.

while i agree that personal experiences concerning miracles of god are completely irrelevant in such an environment. if any that i would care to be in.

i also think its quite a bold statement to say that yuo who are evolutionist rely on data that you see, not fabricate

oh wait !! i know what your talking about. you must mean stuff like carbon datating ooooh and all those missing links we keep fiding.

i mean without proof of the evolution of one species to another (macro evolution)then im sure the evolution thery would meander on into universal nonsense.

as far as Mr.Truth over there . irealy dont think that saying things about what youve seen or what will happen when we die is helping this conversation and whats more is its at most going to drive people away from what you make seem like some hocus pocus crap.

i thought that the objecive of a christian while on earth was to lead people to christ. not to act all high and arrogant and stupid because yuo willlive forever and the rest will fry forever.

yeah your real special because you saw the acts of jesus and we didnt. how about a big round of applause for this guy. if you really believe what you say and at the same time have any kind of heart then you would weep every day for all the people you know that will burn for all of eternity.because eternity is long friggin time bud.

im sorry you guys its just that i had a plate of blackberry cobbler and a glass of milk....... i guess it really set me off. but here is the down low.

the theory of evolution of species is stupid but so are people.

dont let your lust, greed,hate,or search for comfort or cultural backround get in the way of your search for the truth. because when we get down to it. it does not matter in the least what we believe, all that matters is what is. the truth.

as ken kesey said "your either on or off the bus". im glad to be on board, and i'm enjoying the company

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ok_good
the theory of evolution of species is stupid

Why is it stupid?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
they can find dinosaurs on the same geological column as humans so where are the missing links..... not that i believe that the geological column is correct or carbon dating or that the earth is 30 million years old.
since with the steady mommentum of the moons orbit away from the earth the moon would have been touching the earth millions of years before that and millions of years before that there would have been tidal waves to cover the whole earth which would not provide enough time for us to evolve from fish to mammals by the present day.(given that macro evolution is even possible)

unless of course. if when our universe exploded into existence the moon started a perfectly steady revolution around our earth and then one day just decided to begin a steady pace outward to explore the universe.and also my the same determination of the planets themselves two of our planets decided to just rotate in the opposite direction as the rest..........weird huh. im not buying it.

i never have had a good reason to beleive that one species could evolve into another

i understand micro evolution because i can see it, there is proof.
but as far as macro evolution goes, i myself feel it defys science much more than the idea of god

a little of the subject but, you now how when your tripping you can understand time and space bettter and it can become something almost tangible.
then you imagine how that came about. is there someone who not only
can control it but who created it.

even if anarchy breaks out on the whole earth.we will still be governed by gods laws. the laws of the universe.
someone thinks reproducing life will debunk the idea of god. thats because they have a half assed idea of god.they can't concieve that he is not held back by these laws that he created.

tell those atheist the first time they destroy or create matter then they will have debunked god.

the idea of evolution also fuled hitlers cause.

peace,love and *chocolate cake*

mod edit to remove drug reference

[edit on 5-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

they can find dinosaurs on the same geological column as humans so where are the missing links..... not that i believe that the geological column is correct or carbon dating or that the earth is 30 million years old.
since with the steady mommentum of the moons orbit away from the earth the moon would have been touching the earth millions of years before that and millions of years before that there would have been tidal waves to cover the whole earth which would not provide enough time for us to evolve from fish to mammals by the present day.(given that macro evolution is even possible)
unless of course. if when our universe exploded into existence the moon started a perfectly steady revolution around our earth and then one day just decided to begin a steady pace outward to explore the universe.and also my the same determination of the planets themselves two of our planets decided to just rotate in the opposite direction as the rest..........weird huh. im not buying it.

Uuuummmm.... No, sorry, you have obviously failed to understand a great deal about the creation of the Earth and it's evolution since then. Yes, the Earth is not 30 million years old. It's a lot older - 4.5billion years old. As for the moon, that was created when a Mars-sized planetoid collided with the Earth early on in its life, with the debris from the resulting bang forming the moon. Here's a good link: www.space.com...
There is no proof that dinosaurs and humans co-existed. At all. Not even a smidgeon. Don't be silly.
As for evolution and Hitler, that's a nonsensical link. The Bohemian Corporal believed in a very crude form of social darwinsim, along with a whole host of rather insane beliefs. He once theorised that American agriculture was in a dire state. His proof? A few photos someone once showed him.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

they can find dinosaurs on the same geological column as humans

I presume you mean same geological strata?
No, they don't. What instance are you thinking of?

so where are the missing links

Australpithecines figure nicely as a missing link between man and chimp.

..... not that i believe that the geological column is correct

Whats incorrect about it? The geological column, in total, exists in a few locations on the planet. What is incorrect?

or carbon dating

What is there to no 'beleive' about it?

or that the earth is 30 million years old.

The earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

since with the steady mommentum of the moons orbit away from the earth the moon would have been touching the earth millions of years before

Who says that the rate has allways been the same, and also, the moon is thought to have been touching the earth, that is, the moon was formed when something impacted the earth, melted lots of its crust, and ejecte it into orbit.

unless of course. if when our universe exploded into existence the moon started a perfectly steady revolution [...]weird huh. im not buying it.

I wouldn't buy that either, there's no evidence for it.

i never have had a good reason to beleive that one species could evolve into another

Speciation has been observed, both in the wild and in the lab.
Observed Instances of Speciation
Some More Observed Speciation Events

i understand micro evolution because i can see it, there is proof.

You can't see atoms, do you not beleive in them? Besides which, speciation can be observed.

but as far as macro evolution goes, i myself feel it defys science much more than the idea of god

Lets pretend that there were no observed instances of speciation. YOu are saying that the idea of a magical superman that created the universe and what not is more in accord with a scientific understanding of nature than that organisms, which you agree can change, an change over a long period of time into something very different?

a little of the subject but, you now how when your tripping you can understand time and space bettter

It is against the rules of this board to discuss the use and abuse of illegal drugs.

tell those atheist the first time they destroy or create matter then they will have debunked god.

Do you know what a thermonuclear explosion is?

Far far less than the idea of the christian god. Hitler was a christian and would even make references to the "Creator" in his harrangues. Anti-semitism probably only even exists because of christianity and christians, with the charge of being killers of christ used to justify murdering them.

But what does that matter as to the truth or falsehood of the thing?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
I do not need to prove anything to you. I have seen and witnessed miracles of jesus
that you will not understand and will atack soon as i post them.

I'm going to be the one who bites on this.

I believe that you owe us proof. You're using this statement to totally shield your side of the argument, while simultaneously using it to attack ours. Indeed, the burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders now...you cannot make such a leading statement (especially one being used to win a debate) without following through on it. You can't "take your ball and go home" here.

Your false assumption that we would attack your experiences is unfounded; I believe there are quite a few posters here, myself included, who would like to know as much as possible concerning these happenings so that we may further study them ourselves.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join