It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chav's: Britains new ruling class

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Anyone out there who is a Chav?

chavscum.co.uk...

www.chavworld.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
LORD NO!!!

everytime I see one I just want to shake them!!

they aggrivate me so much.

How in God's name do they think being a bully, sl*g etc and looking terrible while doing it makes them look good

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think it is damn out of order to brand someone a "chav" by the way the dress!
Well i think it is pathetic.....

Well i wear hoop earings and i wear designer gear and i wear jewelery... and sometime i cannot afford major branded designer gear, so i get fake gear.

So from what that site you just gave... i am known as a "chavette".

So... hey Oni is a chavette!

Stupid name branding! Pathetic....

Oni x x

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I didn't know Oni was a chav.

Since when?

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dr Love.... wanna kick up the bum!

I am no chav but i am on that website! crazy arse people!

I am not a chav, but it annoys me how people can judge a person by their appearance.

Oni x x

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't judge by appearence, its just the ones that sleep around, start fights for no reason etc etc what i would class as chavs

Oni you are no chav
x x x

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
wth is a chav? is that like a wannabe gangsta?

I suppose it's less gay than being emo.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Lol i know i am not a chav.

I havent worn my hoopies and trackies in time... You cannot get me outta my jeans and dungies!

As long as people don't class every person who wears trackies and hoopies a chav then i am ok...

lol i am a jeans girl now...

Oni x x

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
wth is a chav?

I'm not exactly sure but I think Vanilla Ice was a chav.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If its trendy to be a Chav - then i wanna be one.

Where do you get lessons ?

JM

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
OI BRUV!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni
am no chav but i am on that website! crazy arse people!

I am not a chav, but it annoys me how people can judge a person by their appearance.

Are you really on that site? I'd ask them to take the pic down if i was on there!

I think the name chav is gettin out of hand now tho, everyones using it, it's all over the tv and papers!

Originally posted by Jamesmickael
If its trendy to be a Chav - then i wanna be one.

Where do you get lessons ?

JM

Just buy lots of Burberry Clothes and wear as much gold as MR T does!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am often to be found wearing my stone island jacket and reebok classics , but I don't consider myself to be a chav , a chav is a pale little oik wearing football socks tucked in to his tesco two stripe track suit bottoms , and often riding a bike that he outgrew 10 years ago with out a seat on it aswell (why oh why do they do that?) they hang around in gangs out side mc donalds and say things like "yeah safe bruvaa" they think that they are bad boys
sorry but I have no time for them atall .

Two of theese little hoodlums (high at the time ) tried to break in to my shed in march they were both dealt with the fat end of a two piece pool cue ,ill say no more on that , and I am sure that all "chavs" are not bad people ,but I have yet to meet a good one .

Im damn sure some yoghurt knitting tree hugger will flame me on the grounds of "what about there deprived child hood yada yada " but boo hoo I come from a dive and I don't go around trying to break in to sheds to feed my Elizabeth duke jewelery addiction and scaring the crap out of OAPs at the bus station.

Take your fake burberry cap and your dirty track suit bottoms and do one you filth.

[rant mode/]

* ruling class pftttt! more like under class

[edit on 25-4-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Go on all the way moosh, give us some canny scran.

Chav for,

I would like it very much if i can have a bit of your pheasant sandwich.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Dodge, i mean they way they describe a "chavette". The trackies the hoopies etc...

lol no worries i dont mind.

Oni x x

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I despise chav culture just as much as the next person, but you are right in saying you shouldn't brand them purely on certain aspects like clothing.

Ok a crash course in the history of the chav:

Chav culture is what it is, a culture, a way of being. Types of clothes, certain characteristics, while one their own are not "chav", Bring them all together (the type of person, their background, their attitudes, their choice of clothes, their habits, and you get a chav.

The origins of the chav stems from the 1900's and onward british working class (a large majority of the british population, the coal miners, factory workers, which is why todays chavs despite being held in such low opinion, sustain such large numbers)

The group of people that eventually evolved into what we know as a chav was infact at one time respected as the backbone of british society, they did the dirty work. Without them britain would grind to a halt.

The only problem was, slowly but surely, most of the things that gave them a purpose, were being taken over and replaced inevitably by machines, who could obviously do their job a lot more efficiently.

With (in general and through no fault of theirown) a lack of education and subsequent lack of cash flow, so was spawned a next generation of undereducated, largely uncontrolled part of society, usually harbouring a resentment for society.

This generation, again largely due to the lack of education, proceeded to have copious amounts of unprotected sex, sending the percentage of teenage pregnancies skyrocketing.

In many areas, inbreeding has occured (And trust me when i say i am being deadly serious). 6 or 7 families would inhabit an area and multiply. These 6 families would become 18, then 36 and, as these families would remain in the same area for many generations, before you realise it two not so distant cousins have married and bore children. (hence the stereotypical (or perhaps not so) view of chavs being "ugly" and "stupid".

And so began an endless cycle of unfortunate, unemployed, angered, possibly inbred self fulfilling prophecies that most have come to know and only just tolerate as the chav.

Although im not.....quite sure where the speaking in a jamaican accent stems from. That's just odd.

End of lesson.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
chav,

it stands for

COUNCIL HOUSE AND VIOLENT.

bit unfair really.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have plenty of mates that have to put up with being named trade-marked as so called Chavs. One is highly sucsessful, and a couple of others coudn't even get a job in a supermarket, just because of the way they are persived.

I think that is just the way our country is going...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Have you ever seen a chav using the internet? If you thought some of our members attempts at sentences were bad, I dare you to go to the first link of this thread and find the comments sections of the most viewed articles.

WYz me baaarrdo cozza chav I is# but iz gong killee oo im an woz yor name en but. Seriously. Even "rednecks" make these lot look civilized!

It's that kind of mental way of thinking/speaking, and their general attitude towards other humans, that singles them out as chavs, not their taste in clothes, as sadly most of britain is still dressing "chavvish" due to the medias insistence that it's "in". It's not the clothes, it's the pure insanity of their ways.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by chebob]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
A chav to me is someone who shows no respect for others outside their group and goes out of their way to be agressive towards them. The way that they dress is just an add on of their culture. Class does not divide chavs, as I know many well off middle classed chavs. I find it interesting that the Mayan prophecies speak of an end time when children will disrespect their parents/elders. It's annoying that you can't walk down the street in the UK now without seeing a masive group of these wannabe hoodlums.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join