It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin proposing ban on manditory microchip implants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.duluthsuperior.com...

Former Gov. Tommy Thompson was one of the first high-profile supporters of tiny microchips implanted in people's arms that would allow doctors to access medical information.

Now the state he used to lead is poised to become the first to ban governments and private businesses from forcing such implants on employees, privacy advocates say.

A proposal moving through the state Legislature would prohibit anyone from requiring people to have the tiny chips embedded in them or doing so without their knowledge. Violators would face fines of up to $10,000.

IMHO, this should be enshrined into constitutions all around the world.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm from Wisconsin and am so happy to hear this...I've pasted this info on to all I know, what a great start for all states to follow..Now I've got to get the chip out of my cat that I found at the pound last year.. nothing living should have a chip of any kind...www.impeachbush.org

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Best news I've heard all day

I hope this catches on and other places follow Wisconsin's lead.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I hope they fine people alot more than $10,000. Especially if governments begin to use this; there should be some severe consequence that 'We, The People' would be able to enforce; though I don't see that happening any time soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I hope they fine people alot more than $10,000. Especially if governments begin to use this; there should be some severe consequence that 'We, The People' would be able to enforce; though I don't see that happening any time soon.

That's 10 k per person. Times that by 300 million and that's quite a bit of dough. Though I agree, it should be like 10 times that.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, this is good news.
If people are stupid enough to voluntarily chip themselves, let them, but this will protect all of the sane people who would reject this thing, given a choice.

Now I've got to get the chip out of my cat that I found at the pound last year.. nothing living should have a chip of any kind...

Hmm, I never thought about it that way, but my cat has had a chip in her ever since we got her from the local SPCA about ten years ago, when she was a kitten. Does that mean that the NWO has been tracking the clandestine activities of my resident feline all this time?
Fortunately, though, my cat's chip is one of the passive type (so they say...) so it cannot be detected unless a scanner is used in her immediate vicinity.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Unfortunately I cant see this one glith stopping the eventual push for such technology.

I find the concept rather degrading actually. I, being someone who designs electronics in turn being forced to be policed by electronics. Its like having your own child give you orders.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Frankly, as a resident, I advise against moving here to avoid a chip implant. Our taxes are outrageous.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The question I have atm is. Do I send the bill that was introduced in Wisconson to the state in which I live by just forwarding them a copy of this pdf file: www.legis.state.wi.us...? I want to step up to the plate and get this going in my own state as well as a few others that house family members and possibly spread it from there. Cause the time to do something is now.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by wyldwylly]

new topics

top topics

join