It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New from Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hello! Hust wanted to stop and say hi. Was excited to finding this forum, as I am a lifelong explorer of conspiracy theories and the unexplained. My latest couple of interests have been the whole "DaVinci Code" phenomenon; the Gnostics and the "alternative" Christianities; the Knights Templars etc. Also have been active in Russian history forums until recently expoloring the lost Russian royal family. Hoping to be able to contribute and meet new people here.

[edit on 4/25/2006 by DeniseLM]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS DeniseLM glad you decided to join us.

I think you'll find plenty to interest you arround these boards.

Enjoy yourself.

JM

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, DeniseLM!

I hope that you enjoy your stay here, and have fun while doing so.

Check out my New Member Mini-Tutorials[size=0]...click here

At the bottom of my post, you will also find some links that may be useful to you.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Welcome Denise. New member here as well and from Downriver Michigan. So many topics here its amazing. I enjoy the vast amount of info this place brings. A 9 out of 10 easy. IMO.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by VType]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I am as well a new member and a fellow Michigander. Hope you enjoy the site as much as i do. these guys (and gals) do a great job and are usually well informed.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It's great to see so many new members from my old home state, Michigan. Though I presently live in Canada, I'm originally from Detroit.

While I can't say that I miss my old hometown very much, I can honestly say that I often do miss Michigan. Michigan has got to be one of the most beautiful states in the Union.

ATS, it would seem, is well represented by fellow Michiganders (I don't like using the politically correct term, Michiganian) and it's great to "bump" into people from America's "oven mitt".

Incidentally, you can always spot a person from Michigan by the way he/she uses their hand to give directions from one place in Michigan to another; i.e; Detroit is just below the thumb, Grand Rapids is on the first knuckle of the "baby finger" and Traverse City is found at the top of the baby finger right next to the ring finger. In Michigan, you don't need a map....you just need a hand.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Couldnt agree more benevolent tyrant, I couldnt imagine living anywhere but michigan. Besides where else in the world can you tell someone where you live just by pointing to your right hand?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Us folks from Michigan are taking over. Slowly, but surely.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!
All The Secrets

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Greetings DeniseLM from yet another fellow Michiganian.

Enjoy ATS...its a fun place to be.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
welcome aboard!!!
Its a great ride and the most interesting site on tthe net

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hi Denise, welcome. Look forward to seeing you post in the future. Don't be offended when people jump all over your back when they disagree, seems to be standard practice. Its all for debate and learning.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wow! Great to see all the Michiganders. I am from the UP originally (now living in the south-central region), and also am able to show people where I am from on my hand. 2 hands, and you get the whole state!!

I have very thick skin so I will not fall to pieces if I get a differing opinion. Have been lurking for a few weeks, and am way impressed by many of the intelligent and well researched posts I have seen. May be a bit before I get brave enough to post a lot, but I look forward to getting my feet wet!

Thanks for the welcome all!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeniseLM
Wow! Great to see all the Michiganders. I am from the UP originally

Wow! Thanks for referring to people from Michigan as Michiganders. About twenty-five years ago, there was a real concerted effort to change the term "Michigander" to Michiganian. It seemed that a "gander" referred to a MALE goose and, somehow, because of this, Michigander was no longer a "proper" term. This was at the dawning of the "politically" correct era. It was shortly after the term Michiganian was coined that I could clearly see that the paradigm had shifted and EVERYTHING that I had once known was now wrong.

Anyway, let me also welcome you as a uuper. The term Michiganders use to refer to people from the upper peninsula -- the people in the lower peninsula are known as loopers.

For those from outside of the state of Michigan, I bet you are all quite puzzled and confused. Well, that's the way Michiganders keep the rest of the Union in line --- through confusion and diversion.

Anyway, I, for one, feel honored to have a uuper here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Anyway, I, for one, feel honored to have a uuper here on ATS.

Agreed! Say ya to da UP, eh!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Dat spelling is Yooper, dere, don't ya know?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You guys are crackin me up. I just watched Fargo last night...put that in your head along with your guy's posts. Its funny. As long as no one is stuffing people into the wood chipper anyways...

Hows da wedder up der eh? I wanna go hikin sometime this summer. Any recommendations?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Hows da wedder up der eh? I wanna go hikin sometime this summer. Any recommendations?

Off the top of my head...

Upper Peninsula - Tahquamenon Falls State Park, Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore

I don't know too much about the Lower Peninsula as far as hiking though. Though if you go to Harrisville, you may bump into me!

This may be of help too: Best Hiking in Michigan

new topics

top topics

join