It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP versus NAAAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am not bashing on the actions or goals of any organization or its members. However, I am suggesting a... contemporization.

If President Bush refered to the Hurricane Katrina victims as "Colored People," he would get the axe.

And yet, the very organization that was created to further the equality of African Americans bears this very phrase. Sure, it was the PC mode of saying at the time, but today it may be seen as counter-productive as rappers using the N-word to refer to themselves... or "theyselves" as you would say in rap.

Anyway, the point is to modernize. I agree, the en-double-ay-see-pee is much more poetic than the en-quadruple-ay or the en-quad-ay or en-tetra-ay, but then again, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People... really hasn't ADVANCED anything if they haven't cleared up the non-PC term in their name.

You wouldn't say the National League for the Betterment of Honkies, or Crackers, or Peckerwoods, would ya? Thought not.

Also, think of the cool logos you could make.

N4A

N(A^4)

NAAAA

Should I think up some more? Naaaa...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
...thats kinda funny, sounds like something they'd do an eps. on Boondocks.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How about the NAALCP. (L for liberal) Because if you are black and conservative, the NAACP doesn't want anything to do with you.

Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, Lynn Swan, are ridiculed by the NAACP for their advancment.

join