It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli subs armed with nuclear missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sorry, I post an entire article because I recieved it via e-mail

Tel Aviv
October 13, 2003

Israel has modified American-supplied cruise missiles to carry nuclear warheads on submarines, giving the Middle East's only nuclear power the ability
to launch atomic weapons from land, air and beneath the sea, according to senior Bush Administration and Israeli officials.
The previously undisclosed submarine capability bolsters Israel's deterrence in the event that Iran - an avowed enemy - develops nuclear weapons. It
also complicates efforts by the US and the United Nations to persuade Iran to abandon its suspected nuclear weapons program. Two Bush Administration
officials described the missile modification and an Israeli official confirmed it. All three refused to be named.

The Americans said they were disclosing the information to caution Israel's enemies at a time of heightened tensions in the region and concern over
Iran's alleged ambitions.

Iranian leaders say their nuclear program is solely for generating electricity and are resisting more intrusive inspections by the UN. The UN's International
Atomic Energy Agency has given Tehran until October 31 to prove it has no nuclear arms program.

Arab diplomats and UN officials said Israel's steady enhancement of its secret nuclear arsenal, and US silence about it, had increased the desire of
Arab states for similar weapons. "The presence of a nuclear program in the region that is not under international safeguards gives other countries the
spur to develop weapons of mass destruction," said Nabil Fahmy, Egypt's ambassador to the US. "Any future conflict becomes more dangerous."

While not acknowledging the country's nuclear capability, Israeli officials have promised they would not "introduce" such weapons to the Middle
East.
Israeli and US officials said that meant Israel would not launch a first strike using the weapons. They argue that other countries have nothing to fear from Israel's nuclear arms, whereas Israel has everything to fear from its neighbours.

An Israeli Government spokesman confirmed that three new submarines carried Harpoon missiles, but he declined to specify the type of warhead.

- One Palestinian was reported killed as an Israeli raid on a strategic Gaza Strip refugee camp entered its third day. In Ramallah, Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie, who last week threatened to quit in a dispute
with President Yasser Arafat, has agreed to stay on at the helm of an emergency government. However Mr Arafat is still resisting Mr Qurie's choice of
Nasser Yussef as interior minister for security.

- Los Angeles Times, Reuters

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
WHile reading something like this doesn't exactly thrill me to the point of climax or anything like that, I can't exactly say that I'm surprised by any of it. After all, Israel is basically a US lapdog/watchdog in the mideast. It's no secret that most of the Israeli military comes out of the US pocketses....Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There is a topic about this..

Done by Nerdling..

All the facts are there..

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
HERE!!!

Nans,

Belive when i tell you:

That link is to the best ATS link on this subject..

Now, lets let these copy topics to die off..

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a proof that the subject interest many people here !

new topics

top topics

join