It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pot calling the kettle blaack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have been reading about the illegal alien demonstrations happening all over the country and came across this article. I think this shows hypocrisy at its best

TULTITLAN, Mexico - Considered felons by the government, these migrants fear detention, rape and robbery. Police and soldiers hunt them down at railroads, bus stations and fleabag hotels. Sometimes they are deported; more often officers simply take their money. While migrants in the United States have held huge demonstrations in recent weeks, the hundreds of thousands of undocumented Central Americans in Mexico suffer mostly in silence. And though Mexico demands humane treatment for its citizens who migrate to the U.S., regardless of their legal status, Mexico provides few protections for migrants on its own soil.

yahoo.com

Peace

[Mod Edit: Link format. Please review this post. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 25/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this story. I think it should receive much wider press; it should appear on the front page of every newspaper in the United States.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpine69
I think this shows hypocrisy at its best

Actually, it shows Mexico at it's best.

I call it the Great Mexican Double Standard.
"Do what I say, not as I do."

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I agree, these central, and southern americans have even less than than the people that are climbing on there backs and demanding rights there not subject
to. I saw a great documetary about this a couple of months ago. I belive it was Riding El norte but i may be mistaken. Another great one is Darwins Nightmare, about to life of the fishers in northern tanzania.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by DRONE1980]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing up that perspective of this whole debate. On one hand, you must ask, "why would they want to live there?" on the other, "why don't they want to fix things there?" Either way, GREAT added viewpoint, and I really appreciate that article. I am going to make a point of showing it around to people!

top topics

join