It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran considers dropping out of nonproliferation treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Iran may be considering backing out of it's mebership in the nuclear nonproliferation treaty according to quotes attributed to president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad by ABC News..

abcnews.go.com
The government of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad insists the nonproliferation treaty gives Iran the right to enrich uranium for fueling civilian nuclear power plants, and he has given no ground in the international faceoff.

The fiery Ahmadinejad said Monday he was reconsidering Iran's adherence to the nonproliferation treaty, which is aimed at stopping the spread of atomic weapons while allowing peaceful uses of nuclear energy.

"What has more than 30 years of membership in the agency given us?" he asked at the news conference, which was only the second since he took office last year at which foreign journalists have been allowed to ask questions.

Suspicions about Iran's intentions have grown since it was discovered in 2002 that the Tehran regime had for two decades secretly operated large-scale nuclear activities that could be used in weapons making.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm not really an advocate of a war in Iran, especially with our military stretched thin as it is, but this situation is getting crazy. I don't presume to know what Iran's intentions are with regard to their enrichment activities, but this would be a very dangerous move on their part. It's like their sticking their chin out to the UN saying "Hit Me! I dare you! You won't do it! Neener Neener Neener!". Makes me wonder if they have nuclear bombs ready to go, and just want an excuse to hit the button.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Suspicions about Iran's intentions have grown since it was discovered in 2002 that the Tehran regime had for two decades secretly operated large-scale nuclear activities that could be used in weapons making.

dont you love a war based on suspicions and beliefs? well we in america seem to, because that all we ever seem to go off of when it comes to information about going to war. Prove to the world they are trying to make nuclear weapons...they can't. They believe that Iran broke the NPT because they had a secret program. Well yes they did, but if you think about it, if they had come out publically with it 20 years ago, it wouldn't have lasted a year before we would have it shut down. Or israel would have bombed it, either way it wouldn't have lasted publically.

join