It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dipping your finger in boiling oil without getting burnt ???? Is it possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I need some help in debunking what i saw on dvd yesterday. dvd was given to one of my relative by follower of "godman"

There is one person who claims to be godman who is dips his finger in boiling oil without getting burnt. Also he is deep frying poories ( Indian bread ) and removing them with just hands from oil. He even asks all his follower to remove break from boiling oil. Finally he takes spoons of oil from frying pan & puts on his tounge.

As soon I saw that i told others that this is not possible and there might be some ticks but they are not ready to believe me so i decided to debunk what i saw.

I tried my best & searched entire web & I could find only following.

www.indian-skeptic.org...

I tried to find more info on book, hoever i am not able to find anything. The only thing I can do is buy book but thats going to take long time & my relative will be gone by that time (2 - 3 days).

If anyone has any information then please help me to debunk this.
I am going to order book next week but still if anyone can find information even after 2 - 3 days please pass on to me.

I really don't know this is right forum for this type of topic . So i m sorry if i m posting in wrong forum.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by netscape]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't be that shocked even if this was true. This is no 'godman' as there are people across the world who can train themselves, mentally and physically, to do things like this.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I agree with whatever you said, However I m not convienced where he is asking all his followers to do the same. and his follower includes people from ages 3 - old people.

Also in the index of that book it clearly points out that its just trick.

people..... any info on this topic will be a great help to guide my relatives in correct way. Else they will be wasting their time behind so called godman and also they will drag others to believe this.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
maybe he put air bubblers like in a fish tank in the bottom of the pan, so that in a video it would appear to be boiling. Or he could've put dry ice in the pan to create the bubbling and a steam affect. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
in that video, he tas put some kind of black coating on aluminium frying pan. and he pours oil in that. also he opurs oil brought by his followers. I am not sure about dry ice. But the breads are deep fried after few minutes. so there has be something which makes oil appear to be boiling. normally it takes less than minute to deep fry bread.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
As a teen, I worked for a brief time (very brief) at a McDonald's restaurant in Detroit. Though my memory might have been clouded by years, I recall an incident where one of the supervisors actually dipped his fingers in the deep fryers for a second without being burned. Of course, we are all amazed. The fellow later said that he simply had "wet fingers" and that the water had a higher boiling point than the oil. This, he said, allowed him to "dip his fingers" into the oil without being burned.

First, let me say, Kids, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME or, for that matter, anywhere else. Keep in mind that the answer that the fellow gave might not have been correct. He may have had another secret. Or, the fellow might have actually been burned, due to his stupidity, but kept that fact secret so as to avoid obvious ridicule. Whatever the truth, I saw this occur and so there might be some truth to the question posed.

[edit on 4/25/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Maybe it's not a trick. Maybe he's just a masochist like Fakir Musafar.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes it's very possible, simply thanks to the wonders of science. You can dip your entire hand in molten lead momentarily if you dip it in water first, or even just lick your hand. The same applies to licking frying pans, etc. The water forms a natural barrier between your hand and the hot substance.

I haven't taken it to this extreme of molton metal and red-hot frying pans, but I know from experience that you can lick your fingertips and put a candle out without even feeling the heat.

Whether you are walking across hot coals or laying on a bed of nails, it is all to do with science. There are a few "mind over matter" type exercises, but most of them can simply done by anyone if they know how to do it right, with a bit of training and teaching.

Martial artists practice all of these things and more on a regular basis. I wouldnt' be a 'follower' of someone just because they do these things. They certainly aren't miracles.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
it may be that he is dipping his arms in water before dipping in oil. I will watch that video again & see. I can understand or believe that he has either rubbed some chemical on hands or dipped hands in water before performing this. but then i caw all followers are doing same & I know many of followers & they just came from nowhere & tried removing bread from boiling oil & nothing happened. So there has to be something in that oil which keeps temperature down.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Some people have no response to pain at all.

There was an old man three doors away from where i live, who used to sleep beside a water radiator. Because he had no sensation of pain, he would sometimes wake up with massive blisters on his body from the radiator.

Maybe this what you have witnessed? Not sure, but there are people who can have a great deal of mind control over their bodies. Martial arts maybe, is a good place to start your research. The Chaolin Monks(spelling) are an excellent group of guys who can, and do perform the most unbelievable acts with swords etc, that defy all human logic.

Hope this helps in some way.
Eddie.............

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I do alot of glassblowing and making marbles and over the years I have developed the ability to grab hot stringers of glass with my finger tips without being burned, it shocks my wife to hear my finger tips sizzle and see a little puff of smoke from them, but I can't feel the heat anymore. Also as some have already said, you can create a barrier of moisture which will create a small layer of steam between you and the hot object.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I agree that there are some people who do not feel pain at all.

but all I am wondering is how other followers can do the same? I don't think he can controll pain of all other followers. I am not surprised if one person is doing trick by dipping hands in water or applyin some sort of chemicals & then dipping hands in boiling oil. but how everyone whoever is preset there can do it?

since it takes lots of time for breads to get deep dried which is very longer than normal time which is less than minute. I am wondering what can be added to oil or can be applied to the surface of vessle which can make oil boiling at very low temperature.

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Some people have no response to pain at all.

There was an old man three doors away from where i live, who used to sleep beside a water radiator. Because he had no sensation of pain, he would sometimes wake up with massive blisters on his body from the radiator.

Maybe this what you have witnessed? Not sure, but there are people who can have a great deal of mind control over their bodies. Martial arts maybe, is a good place to start your research. The Chaolin Monks(spelling) are an excellent group of guys who can, and do perform the most unbelievable acts with swords etc, that defy all human logic.

Hope this helps in some way.
Eddie.............

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There was one trick we used to show the new apprentice welders. We used to catch a ball of molten metal in our palms and let it dance around for a few seconds, then throw it off. This only worked because you had sweat and grease on your hands acting as a barrier. Therefore stopping you getting burnt. a molten ball of steel would burn all the way through your hand in no time otherwise. Ask any welder about this.
This used to amaze the young lads at the time, but they became wise to it. Still, it is a good trick and maybe this is what this guy is doing when putting his hands in boiling oil?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Such things are nothing surprising here in India. I have personally witnessed people who have put red hot coal into their mouths and swallowed it !!! and this is nothing very extraordinary by the kind of acts yogic sadhus and baba's perform.

Hindu mithology is full of such acts that might seem unimagineable to most in the west. There are several instances of what is today "teleportation" in our Holy books and stories.

The power of the mind is believed to be able to trancend anything and everything. The capability of a human being is said to be infinite.

If you ever happen to visit the banks of the Ganges, acts of what is described here amounts to someting that is very ordinary!!!

This might sound hard to believe to some but .....

As far as the book goes, well i dont have any more details about it .... there are several of such which have expressed doubt over such acts however...

Cheers.

[edit on 26/4/06 by Stealth Spy]

new topics

top topics

join