It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lennon Speaks from the Grave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- "Peace ... The Message is Peace."

That's what the producers of a pay-television seance to contact John Lennon claimed the former Beatle said when communicating with them from beyond the grave.

The show aired on Monday on pay-TV service In Demand and was organized by the producers of a failed 2003 attempt to channel the late Princess Diana's spirit, a show that earned scathing reviews but was estimated to have grossed close to $8 million.

People who paid $9.95 to watch the pay-per-view Lennon special from 9 p.m. (0100 GMT) to 10:30 p.m. (0230 GMT) saw audio crew members, a psychic and an expert in paranormal activity claim that the late Beatle's spirit made contact with them through what is described as an Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP).

edition.cnn.com... t/index.html

This really boils my blood! These people have grossed upwards to $8 Million off of this joke, and all of this went off without the consent of Yoko Ono who is in control of the Lennon estate. How can they profit off of his name, if Ono does not consent to the show in the first place?

They had people pay $9.95 to watch this crap on Pay Per View, and alls they recieved for their dollar was Peace!. Lennons message from the grave is Peace. WHAT? would probably my first reaction.

You guys are grossing millions of dollars off of this fiasco and all you have to tell me is that Lennon believes in peace. I think I realized that when the guy preached it for 30 years when he was here with us. How about telling us something we don't already know.

Is anyone else blown away by these people who created this joke, and more so by the people who purchased to watch.

How is it not a criminal action to profit off of somebody elses name, without proper consent from the owner of the estate. I am no Yoko Ono fan but I am glad to see she did not put her stamp of approval on this one.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My thoughts are the same now as they were when it was announced - Gullible idiots. I'm just amazed, really amazed, that they get away with charging people to see it. For shame....and I'm sure Lennon is looking down distatefuly.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't know if I don't blame the people who paid to see this more than the people who allegedly channeled Lennon.

Then again, I'm still blown away when I hear about people giving their life savings to telemarketers.

There are some stupid people in this world.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The gall of these people to try this stunt, and come back with one word. I mean it is obvious this is a crock. I mean if you think Lennon is going to contact someone from the dead, do you believe it is some nutjob that Ono will not consent?

Most people who watched this had to believe it was a joke, and just tuned in for something to do. Hoping this guy might atleast put a show on, and what does he do. He tells us John still believes in Peace.

Im not going to have any enamel left by the end of the day.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Okay, it was an audio (EVP), right? How do they know he didn't say, "Piece"?

This would be more enigmatic and allow for a Part II that you'd have to pony up for called, "Lennon: Piece of what?"

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
yeahright, I would not be surprised to see this come out in the near future. Its obvious these people will do anything to make a buck, so whats not to give this a shot. They grossed millions of dollars for the Diana seance and came back to the audience with absolutely nothing.

This is just another indication of the world inwhich we live in today.

A single parent working 50 hours a week to keep his kid in clean socks is unable to pay the with bills all the while these guys make are making millions.

Riiight?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And the sad thing is that it's mostly the people who can't afford socks for their kids that are paying for that garbage.

A fool and his money...I'd like to meet.

(does using BBC cause what you've typed to go away now, or is it just me?)

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah sometimes the BBC code erases everything. I had this whole post typed with about 2000 charachters, tried to add the url at the end and everything was erased. Keyboard took a few shots, paced back and forth twice and then began to type again.

If you use the the code yourself rather than using the buttons at the top it should not effect your work.

[url=www.website.com]What You want to show[/url]

After a few times you get used to it, I just had a brain fart when I hit the button up top.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I tried to italicise a word using the buttons and it wiped everything out. Fortunately, I never have much to say so it wasn't a big deal.

I've submitted a comment to the suggestion thing, so maybe it will get looked at.

new topics

top topics

join