It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Warns to Hide Nuclear Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is an interesting development,

Iran's top nuclear negotiator said Tuesday that Iran would halt all cooperation with the U.N. nuclear watchdog if the Security Council imposes sanctions against it, and warned it might go further and hide its nuclear program if the West takes any other "harsh measures.

Please click for article

It is quite a harsh move. I dont personally believe that Iran has the capability to develop the technology. However, I dont have upto date information on my claim.....I was under the impression that they were into uranium enrichment and this could not assist in the creation of nuclear technology. I do understand that Russia and China support Iran. However, do you think they would break the treaty to provide information to Iran?

On the other side we have information that the father of Pakistan's Nuclear program did provided information on the technology, but the claims havnt been proven yet.....

Does this mean that Iran will prevent IAEA inspectors for inspection...

Thoughts

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Adding to the post, Rice had this to say,

ATHENS, Greece - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice dismissed new threats from Iran over the future of its disputed nuclear program on Tuesday, but won no public pledge of support from ally Greece for punitive sanctions again Tehran.

Please click here for article

This should turn into an interesting situation. The reason for the word interesting is these guys are pushing the button on US. They have openly said that they will hide their nuclear program if UN put sactions on them. On the other hand Rice has made a statment that sactions is not the way forward. I guess the coming days will put forth US stance in this tension developing enviornment.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Could this Iran crissis be Russia's making?

i mean could this be some sort of long range Russian plan to make war for the West in the Middle East to dwindle us down for future take over?

what would happen if Middle East used nukes on USA or some Europrean Country's, who would be to blame?

Surely in the future Russia and China are going tocome out on top of this and the WEST wont be on top??

its just an idea i have funny feeling this is conected to Russia and China in some sort of long range plan.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
what would happen if Middle East used nukes on USA or some Europrean Country's, who would be to blame?

the middle eastern country that launched the nukes would be to blame.

Justin

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Interesting points raised. What if Russia had a plan? What if Russia and China had motives. We do know that both these countries hold resistence on putting sactions on Iran.

Not quite sure if Russia would plan something so far in advance. How many years are we looking at for planning such an event or situation?

thoughts....

Yup justin_barton3, i agree middle eastern countries would be to blame but i think the other countries involved will get dragged in if their involvement is found. I hope this doesnt start a war...which ends in ww3

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Has anyone heard anything more on this?

I havnt seen any response yet of US or the UN?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Still waiting for the UN to fill your BOWL of HOPE eh KNOWLEDGE?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
What does Russia got to do with this? Russia, right now, is dealing with the Chechens. Now as far as I know, everything Iran does is by its own choice. Besides, its president seems a little bit crazy. A crazy president=a crazy country (not neccessarily the people of the country) I just heard that Iran is going full speed on their nuclear weapons program despite warnings from the UN.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cellerdweller
Still waiting for the UN to fill your BOWL of HOPE eh KNOWLEDGE?

Cellerdweller,

Great to see you on an intellectual conversation. Let me ask the rest of the members to forgive you if you pass an unintellectual statments as you are a bit slow, or is it lazy.

That is correct Cellerdweller, I am still waiting for more information on this matter. I wont change stance and brag about things nor will you find me a double standard person like yourself or was it a racist someone called you? Ah, my brain cells fail me at the last minute......should i put up a link Cellerdweller to refresh our memory.....easy put me on the ignore list....[would that be cowardice? ah "Google away" to find the definition of cowardice? or do you want me to put up a link? because your too lazy?]

If there is something which you could not understand, which I am sure you dnt understand anyways, just send a note with a please infront of the request and i am sure i will be able to help you......

"Google Away" for the definition of Knowledge too Cellerdweller while you are at it.

Rgds

K23

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
What does Russia got to do with this? Russia, right now, is dealing with the Chechens. Now as far as I know, everything Iran does is by its own choice. Besides, its president seems a little bit crazy. A crazy president=a crazy country (not necessarily the people of the country) I just heard that Iran is going full speed on their nuclear weapons program despite warnings from the UN.

Russian Soldier,

Russia interest as any other country would be for mutual benefit. Arms deals is one of the key factors. There are a number of buyers in the market for Russia made weapons. China and India are two countries which buy heavily from Russia. Tehran as from the note attached is the third biggest buyer. The stronger Tehran grows with respect to military might, which it appears in the Middle East; it will be a challenge for US. From Russia's point of view this is a good military strategic move because they can have there own European Asian Coalition and on the other hand counter balance US military superiority.

I am sure there will be other causes too; however I haven’t had a chance to look into other area. More than happy to do some research and post my findings.

I do realise that this is an old article however it is as much applicable today as it was then.

Rgds

K23

Iranian President Mohammed Khatami's recent visit to Russia resulted in expanded strategic cooperation between the two states, particularly in the areas of weapons and nuclear and ballistic missile technology. Iran already is the third largest importer of Russian arms after China and India.1 A new de facto alliance between Russia and Iran that increases Tehran's military capabilities will make this sponsor of terrorism more of a threat to vital U.S. interests in the Persian Gulf as well as to the security of America's allies in the Middle East. Moreover, by gaining nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) and other advanced weapons systems, Iran could one day threaten the United States directly.
Nevertheless, Moscow has ignored Washington's repeated protests over the proliferation of its advanced weaponry and technology to Iran, particularly technology that could be used in producing weapons of mass destruction (WMD). For these reasons, Khatami's visit to Moscow on March 12-15 and the agreement by Iranian officials to buy state-of-the-art Russian surface-to-air missile defense systems have greatly increased concerns in Washington over this close relationship. On March 19, Secretary of State Colin Powell issued a warning to both Russia and Iran that the United States would closely watch their military cooperation and would take unspecified action if their activities threatened to destabilize the Middle East.

Article

new topics

top topics

join