It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 797 Revealed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
for the roll problem with passengers, simple solution - economy class! Instead of 1st class being at the pointy end of the plane, have it in the middle row of seats, problem solved.

Ie first class - middle rows, normal - outside these, economy - in the wings.

jra

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just saw this on CNN.com about the first test flight of the X-48. From the sounds of it, it's happening right now or some time today?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i wold like to see if i could get some pictures of the X-48. good thing im going down to Mojave next week
. who knows what else ill see. but i will have my camera ready.. maybe ill see shadowhawk .. lol

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
FYI, paraphi, with all do respect you are very wrong on this.

The public WILL get into whatever plane they have been assigned to on their ticket. 98% of all people don't know what the numbers "747-400" mean on their boarding pass, and they don't know what the plane looks like (whether if it will 'fly or not') until they get to the airport. By that time, a passenger will not say "that looks scary to fly in, I'm not boarding" because 1. they need to be at their destination in a timely matter 2. They paid $200+ for the flight 3. The airlines, aircraft company and FAA seem to think that it will fly and 4. they don't care what they fly in, so longs as it gets them their without killing themselves. On top of that, the 797/BWB is a very beautiful plane. I can only conclude that you don't really know what you are talking about here, IMO. Thanks, SJ

Originally posted by paraphi
The problem with airliner designs is simple and all the manufacturers know this to be true...

The PUBLIC just will not get in a plane that looks unconventional. I for one - when I next pop off to Sinagapore - will want to get in something that looks like it will fly.

Now, the buyers of airliners (i.e. the leasing companies and airline companies) know that the PUBLIC won't set foot on anything that is unconventional. This fact alone inhibits designs that deviate from the accepted norm.

I am sure many would say "I would fly it", but ho hum and la-di-da when the the "risk" is considered by the people with the cheques books.

Boeing, Airbus and all the rest can design "concepts" but the reality is that the PUBLIC demands conventionality.

Regards

[edit on 9-11-2007 by SCJ01]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SCJ01
FYI, paraphi, with all do respect you are very wrong on this.

The public WILL get into whatever plane they have been assigned to on their ticket.

Tell that to SAS and Bombardier.

That is why they are having to retire the Dash 8 Q400s.

The Scandinavian public has lost confidence in the aircraft, and are actively not booking flights on it.

edit: clarification

[edit on 9/11/07 by kilcoo316]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join