It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water is ufo fuel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Erm, slightly off cue there chap. Fusion doesn't require "artfical gravity". We're pretty close to a sustainable fusion reactor ourselves using an electro-magentic torus. Not really artifical gravity.

Yes, you are correct. It wouldnt require artifical gravity. But, hydrogen fusion does require huge amounts of pressure. My apologies for that. I'm not sure what i was thinking =). A better way of providing the pressure would be EM fields, but artifical gravity could also be used for the required pressures. Most believe that the means of flight for UFOs is artifical gravity. Which is why i made that jump in conclusion.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
On a side note ... One of the more popular techno thriller authors wrote a book where a saucer that was found was powerred by water. I'm racking my brain but can't remember the author's name.

As to it being possible... Who knows but *shrugs*. The only thing that makes me question the likelihood is the relative lack of easilly accessible water in this solar system and beyond.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Amuk, it appears we have another 'sleeper'.
Dang them suckers are every where. Wish my antigraviterraplanetary gun wasn't in the shop. I could clean up this whole mess.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I doubt aliens would use water for the chemical extraction of energy by splitting the molecule as this is the amount of energy is fairly low. They may extract deutrerium from the fraction of heavy water for nuclear fusion. Although I think the most likely explination is they may drink it or need it to wash their spacesuits! I have read several reports about alien craft taking water on board. There is a rumour that alien craft can tap into an energy supply from space. If this is true then I doubt they use water for energy at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It could all be a dog and pony show ya know. It might be done just for the aspect of the viewer to the event...with no purpose behind it.

Seeing how a little over 70% of all sightings involved water, doesnt seem too far fetched.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
It could all be a dog and pony show ya know. It might be done just for the aspect of the viewer to the event...with no purpose behind it.

Seeing how a little over 70% of all sightings involved water, doesnt seem too far fetched.

I think this is probably the most likely scenario. The nazi's did the same sort of stuff with their ufo experiments. Buzzing people on roadways, flying over cities, all sorts of odd stuff.

edit:

doh, i read that wrong. i thought you said "a little over 70% of the sightings dont involve water".

Regardless, I still think there is a more plausible explanation than that aliens are coming to suck up our sea water for fuel =).

It is my belief that 90%-99% of these craft are earth based. If they are man made like I believe. Using fusion for a power source isnt so far fetched. Military is always ahead of the public sector. If we're building fusion reactors publicly, what has the military been doing with their black money in this regard?

However, I would hope that aliens capable of interstellar travel would be a little farther up on the technological chain than to still be using fusion reactions.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by tsensel]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If I recall correctly, the liquid sample Walters collected from a alledged UFO landing spot, the liquid bubbled with no heat. It was taken for analysis, the result?
Seawater.

Originally posted by Shooter_99
I did see a different episode on the History Channel about a UFO that was spotted sucking up water somewhere in New England.

Seeing how a little over 70% of all sightings involved water...

Originally posted by tsensel
Regardless, I still think there is a more plausible explanation than that aliens are coming to suck up our sea water for fuel =).

It is my belief that 90%-99% of these craft are earth based.

Odd you should mention that (and that and that and that
)...

Others have noticed and remarked on the close relationship of UFOs to three seemingly unrelated situations, the "Affinity Trinity", you might say: bodies of water, nuclear facilities, and major highways.

On the first, there are already man-made aircraft which have a very real and constant need for water. If you've read any of my other stuff, you know I'm talking about blimps (yeah, I know, but bear with me a minute).

Airships, military models especially, require literally tons of ballast, and since the very beginning they've used water; Hindenburg carried 20 tons and the Goodyear and Fuji blimps still use water ballast today. Check out Larry Rodrigues' site for his tale of having to load an extra 2000 pounds of seawater just to land.

I recently learned that the WWII-era K-ships, in service (officially) until the 60s, used combined fuel/ballast tanks. They would launch with full tanks of fuel and little or no ballast, slowing frequently to "top-off the tanks" with water (they used a "ballast bag", essentially a big canvas bucket). Over the ocean, where most military blimps spent the better part of the 1940s, that would be no real problem, at least if the weather was calm enough (although I've read that the salt build-up was pretty awful).

Over land, about the only time an airship would need to come down from the clouds while on a mission would be to reload water; since most of the inland human population is concentrated around lakes and rivers, that's the best time and place for a sighting. And as a bonus, they're already silver and cigar-shaped

Many of the early rigids (Akron, Los Angeles, etc.) were equipped with regenerators to augment the hoisted ballast, basically big radiators which condensed water from engine exhaust. The radiators looked like windows along the flanks of the craft, especially when the airship's internal crew lights showed through the louvers. There were proposals in the 1950s to fit the existing Navy airships with regenerators, but I don't know how far it went -- although that would possibly explain certain features of more contemporary sightings.

One major advancement in airship technology in the 50s was the invention of a water siphon, just a tube hanging under the body with a pump attached, but still a big improvement over hand-winched buckets.

Airships have other, unrelated reasons to be around water, especially oceans. The first is submarine scouting, a wartime mission they continued up to the time the Navy officially closed the last blimp base. The second is radar picket duty, which they served (again, at least officially) in the early 60s, joining radar ships and the rather oddball radar submarines.

One more lesser-know water-related mission blimps had was recovery of torpedos (and, presumably, other underwater ordinance). The Navy had their first TV camera on a recovery sled in (I believe) 1951, and semi- and fully-autonomous recovery ROVs and mini-subs soon after. A blimp would make a dandy platform for covert subsea adventure, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daneel Olivaw
No, "UFOs" do not use water as a fuel source. UFOs actually use an element that is not listed on your Periodic Table because its primary component is not expressed in "normal" spacetime, but in associated linked dimensions. The reason your Periodic Table looks so patchwork is because you haven't yet developed the ability to detect and measure the trans-dimensional elements that fill it out.

Use of this element allows UFOs to move - sideways - through space, bypassing many of the usual limitations associated with it. Consider your "Left Hand Rule" regarding electrical coils but translate it into a 9-dimensional framework. The shortest distance between points "A" and "B" becomes something other than a straight line.

But no, water has nothing to do with it.

Good members of ATS, I find myself embarrassed over the silliness of this reply that has found its way to you under what should be an esteemed name of repute.

Science and the science of the mathematical analysis of history is not a joke from which to derive one's enjoyment via nonsensical message on a bulletin board service. I only hope this fan of Asimov learns to adopt the ethics of his namesake and provides you with more interesting and helpful commentary in the future.

R.D.O.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

On the first, there are already man-made aircraft which have a very real and constant need for water. If you've read any of my other stuff, you know I'm talking about blimps (yeah, I know, but bear with me a minute).

This could explain the "cigar" shaped ufos. The report i saw was of a smaller circular craft. I'm unsure of what the reports the other members mentioned had as far as craft are concerned.

Do you know of any smaller experimental blimps or blimp-type craft which would fit the description of some of the smaller ufos?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsensel
This could explain the "cigar" shaped ufos. The report i saw was of a smaller circular craft.

Turn a 100 meter cigar 90 degrees and it looks like a 10 meter circle. This may explain it better; the same theory (without all the pretty pictures) was presented in the 1948 Analysis of Flying Object Incidents in te US, Summary and Conclusions

5. DESCRIPTIONS OF the flying objects fall into three configuration categories: (1) disk-shaped (2) rough cigar-shaped (3) balls of fire. Varying conditions of visibility and differences in angles at which the objects may have been viewed introduces a possibility that a single type object may have been observed rather than three different types. This possibility is further substantiated by the fact that in the areas where such objects have been observed the ratio of the three general configurations is approximately the same.

Do you know of any smaller experimental blimps or blimp-type craft which would fit the description of some of the smaller ufos?

The original GoodYear blimp model was called "Pony Blimp" for good reason: it was tiny by airship standards.
Pony Blimp parked next to Zepplin then click the "CHS-8435 " link.

And here's some info about Brian Walker's teensy weensy White Dwarf, built for comedian Robert Gallagher.

Both the Navy and Army used free balloons with about a 10 meter radius; the theoretical minimum for a single-seat turbojet powered blimp is around the same volume, and could be somewhat smaller if it used heated lift gas.

In fact, you could go even smaller by using vacuum instead of helium, an idea presented in an Air Force whiz-kid report (for which I don't have a handy link but I remember it being available at www.au.af.mil... somewhere).

ATS member Beer_Guy described sighting a spherical-ish cammo-colored USAF vehicle (hovering over a river with a tube sticking out the bottom
) in this thread (but he's absolutely sure it wasn't a balloon
)

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I dont remember what show it was or what channel it was on (although I think it was the history channel) but I remember hearing that aliens might use anti-matter for their ships... did anyone else ever hear of this or see the same thing I did?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevefed5291
I dont remember what show it was or what channel it was on (although I think it was the history channel) but I remember hearing that aliens might use anti-matter for their ships... did anyone else ever hear of this or see the same thing I did?

It could be anything. Theres no proof to say that they're powered by fusion, anti-matter, zero-point, or whatever. I think we're just trying to figure out here why there are so many sightings around water and or involving water. I didn't see the episode, but if you can find the episode number or name of the show.. I could probably find a copy to download.

Maybe Joseph Newman and his n-machine scored a deal with the aliens.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by tsensel]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The show was The UFO FIles and the episode was "Alien Engineering" im not sure if it was part one or part two, also I was on this site where it said that doing a certain something to water would have a "multiplier effect" of sorts on combustable fuel that would make less do more and electricity is also retrieved as a result. If that is the case then the cyclones seen around UFO's could simply be them filling up the gas tank. I think water would be common among all living life forms so they must have it wherever they come from too. The only difference is they figured out how to turn it into a fuel. Heres the url if you want to look at it yourself.

educate-yourself.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If you go here-
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You'll find info on USOs. This may be relevant or not.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rappa Z
I saw a ufo files episode on the history chaneel and it was about ufos in Puerto Rico that creat small water cyclones by sucking up water.

There are some very interesting reports (including that one) coming from around the area of Puerto Rico:

There's also quite a few reports of UFOs being witnessed taking on water:

Australian UFO takes on water:

USO Thread:

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Water is lifted up to the craft as a consequence of the craft
suspension process.
Lifting ether waves go past the craft to the ground or water.
Dust can be lifted up to the craft and so is water.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Some accounts do seem to point to there being ufo activity around freshwater sources, preferably in cold regions. I dunno why. Ingo Swann reported on it in one of his books.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join