It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Legacy of the Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In about a month Del Ray is releasing the next installment in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. The series has been named Legacy of the Force and the lead novel in the series is titled Betrayal. Its set about 1yr after the dark nest trilogy or about 37yrs after ANH. Apparently once again the galaxy is on the verge of tearing itself apart. It sounds if we have a situation similar to what happened to the Old Republic in its last years. The Jedi face a similar danger(I don't want to give away to much so I'll leave it at that)to that faced by the Old Jedi Order in its final days.

And their has been another development. Del Ray is releasing abook set thousands of years before the Star Wars Saga began in the days of the Old Republic. It is based around one of the most important characters in the EU. The main character is none other than Darth Bane. thats right the famous Sith who introduce the Rule of Two. And thus set the stage for a thousand years of history. The novel will be titled Star Wars: Darth Bane; Path of Destruction. I've in many ways preferred the pre-empire novels to the post-galactic civil war era.

How about any of you?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
As of the past 5 or 6 years I have far preferred the stories coming from the Rise of The Empire era. It's not that I didn't like the others - it's just that I have a very hard time watching the "heroes" get old and eventually be replaced by their children.

With that said, I am eagerly anticipating the LoTF series - I feel that in many ways it will be showing off some of the best themes of the close of the RoTE era.

The Darth Bane book I am drooling over - let me get that out of the way right now.

By the way, it's very nice to see a fellow Star Warrior here!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
As of the past 5 or 6 years I have far preferred the stories coming from the Rise of The Empire era. It's not that I didn't like the others - it's just that I have a very hard time watching the "heroes" get old and eventually be replaced by their children.

Yeah it is unusual to watch the Big Three(Luke, Leia, Han)get old. I guess they've been trying to prepare us since Vector Prime when Chewbacca was killed off. I really started reading Star Wars during TYJK series and became attached to the Solo kids. Jaina in particular(check out the avatar)

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just finished Betrayal and it is a fantastic read. There is a terrific space battle above Corelia. The Sith return. It is suggested that Vergere was if not a full Sith was at least knowledgable in the ways of the Sith. Jacen is turning in the same way Anakin Skywalker was turned. His fear of loss is being manipulated by a powerful darksider. Lumiya the Dark Lady of the Sith(otherwise known as Shira Brie former romantic interest of Luke Skywalker). She convinces him to kill a promising young Jedi named Nelani Dinn. She is seducing him the same way Palpatine seduced Anakin Skywalker. Convincing him he could use his power for good and that order is preferrable to chaos.

Thats all I'll get into now.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm waiting for softcover, I'm poor okay.
I actually like the post Empire novels better (most anyway) especially the New Jedi Order. I've said it before but the CLone Wars really upset me!!!!
I kind of hope they end the post Empire storyline after LotF and go to the Old Republic.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I finished the book last week. It was slow to start off, but wow the last two hundred pages were amazing. I loved that ending. I do wonder how it will play out. Will Jacen really fall to the dark side and be evil or could Ben be the one who becomes the next Darth Vader-esque character? We'll have to see.

The next book comes out in August I believe and Boba Fetta returns.

I do wonder how they are going to handle the issue of Luke, Han, and Leia. They are all reaching their 60s (I think Han is already there). I don't believe they would ever kill them off, running the risk of pissed off fans. Remember the reaction of Chewbacca's death?

[edit on 7-11-2006 by JediMaster]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has picked up the new comic series yet. If your interested check out the link (Warning Spoilers)

Legacy Era

Their are some major spoilers that reveal possible endings regarding the major characters of the NJO(Skywalkers, Solos)so if you want to be surprised I would suggest moving on.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I just finished the second installment of the LOTF series entitled Bloodlines. We'll its getting pretty dark again in our favorite galaxy far far away. Its pretty clear Jacen is a Sith if not formally then at least ideologically. He brutally slays Boba Fetts daughter right infront of Ben. His relationship with Jaina and his parents is at its lowest point ever. He's even plotting to kill his wife and daughter(whom he had set out to protect)to make himself a true Sith Lord. Luke and Jaina are concerned about the affect Jacen is having on Ben. At the end of the book they agree that Ben should be given a new master(then go get lunch).

You know it only now occurs to me how arrogant and easily manipulated Jedi(especially of the Solo-Skywalker clan)can be. Lumiya Dark Lady of the Sith tells Jacen that being a Sith doesn't make you evil its what you do as a Sith that would determine if you were evil. This coming from a Sith. And what does Jacen start doing. Killing anything and everything that gets in his way to "save" the galaxy. Did it not occur to Jacen that the last time the Galaxy was torn apart a Sith was responsible to begin with.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I haven't been able to find them yet (curse England!) but I have read great things about them.

A Question: I was never a firm follower of the books really (I read a few, know roughly whats happened since the films. The Vong, the things that came after what I can't remember..) so will I be able to get the books and just get straight in?

Ooo, and there wass a Darth Who contest on the official site that let people send in their ideas for Jason's Sith title.
I sent one in, but I can't rememer what it was now!

top topics

join