It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: Legacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hey all this is my first post in this forum so if any of you have laid do a certain code of honor regarding spoilers or anyother topic please give a shout.

I was wondering if any of you are looking forward to the upcoming Star Wars series.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If you feel you may be spoiling a story for someone just put "spoiler" in the Subject title.

Personally I haven’t spent much time with Dark Horse’s Star Wars comics.
Although I usually pick them up on Free Comic Book Day.

I found this at the Star Wars website.

www.starwars.com/eu/lit/comics

Set more than a century after the events of Return of the Jedi, Legacy is set in a galaxy held in thrall by a new evil, shattering a resurgent Empire and seeking to destroy the last of the Jedi. Even as their power is failing, the Jedi hold onto one final hope: the last remaining heir to the Skywalker legacy.

Star Wars: Legacy begins with a special 25-cent preview issue #0, written by John Ostrander with art by Jan Duursema and Sean Cooke. The preview issue is scheduled for release on May 17, with the series starting in June.

Sounds interesting. I'll be picking up the preview for sure

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I came across the preview issues 0,1 and 2 and bought them.

So far it's only up to issue 2 but there is a few things I like about the setting so far.

There are a hell of a lot more Sith around at this time setting and they are very cool. Slick design and they have numbers.

In Issue 2 I was pleasantly suprised to see a female Sith torture a Jedi with her force powers, nasty girl. Seriously it appears to be done by people who like Star Wars before it was destroyed by aiming it at the child market. It's still general fair but so far no cutsie ewoks or annoying slapstick. The jedi and Sith in this setting are in conflict.

It's pretty good.

Still not as good as Hellboy

Actually just remembered it looks like from the preview issue they are going to try to do a spin off similar to the starwars universes "Rogue Squadron" however in this setting it is from the view point of an elite Imperial wing whose female captain is extremely close in appearance and style to Starbuck of the latest Battle Star Galactica Series, almost criminally close. Another guy looks exactly of one of the stars of CSI and there's an old gezzer that looks like one of the Nazis Party Leaders from the Blues Brothers. I don't know the names but the likenesses are extremely close to the actors.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Grimholt]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimholt
Seriously it appears to be done by people who like Star Wars before it was destroyed by aiming it at the child market. I

I'd love to hear your reasoning for that comment, please. :shk:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That comment is basically how I feel about the change in who the target audience was between Empires and and Return of the Jedi.

It's ok to roll your eyes, it's just an opinion.

A new Hope was light hearted adventure, Empire had a darker more adult feel to it, with less site gags and races designed for comedic effect...ewoks, gungans ...races that appeared in the other films etc

When Lucus re-vamped the Star Wars series he add alot of cartoon like charactisation and slap stick scenes. They still work in film but it changed the flavor of the film.

With Eps 1,2, 3. The actors seemed to be really stiff and the lines were delivered with drull formality.

The digital technology whilst visually impressive seemed to "deforce" these actors from any investment in the world they were portraying.

There were some terrible dialogue in these films where Lucas told people what was going on instead of showing, a good example was Kenobi "Quickly, shoot down those Federation starships!" pointing of towards no where.

The frankenstien/Darth Vader ending!?

Where the hell did "Nooooooooooooooooooo" come from? the audience laughed at this when we saw this.

It's seemed completely out of character to hear Darth Vader scream like this. My friends have discussed this scene a lot and we generally agreed that it would have been far more in character for Anakin to have screamed "Noooo" prior to the mask was being put in place, then as soon as the mask was put on he became Darth Vader, cold, menacing, rasping breath Darth Vader.

I have not detailed that many examples of the child market that it was aimed at but if you can't see it in these films then don't be to worried.

I just don't don't think Lucas is above criticism and it will be nice to see more mature look at the franchise.

Most people my age if they have a favorite it's Empires...for some reason.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Grimholt]

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Grimholt]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Where the hell did "Nooooooooooooooooooo" come from? the audience laughed at this when we saw this.

Yeah that killed Episode III for me.
I still make fun of it when it when I talk Star Wars with my friends.

top topics

join