It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the soul?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If I were to put what I have learned down in a summed up notion, the soul is the subtle body, and the essence of who you are. If you consider, most major beliefs all have some form of explination as to what the soul is and what happens after death. I believe that the soul is the essence of who you are, molded by the experiences you bring to it, originating from the original spark of the divine creation that created all of the universe. Science can tell you what makes the human body, but has yet to create organic life. Thus the only missing component is the essence of the divine.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pylonmetaphor
SpeakerofTruth, where did you come by your knowledge of the soul and spirit? Also what are your thoughts on my nephew's situation? Thanks ahead of time for your answers.

I am sorry to hear about your nephew pylonmetaphor. I can tell you this, if one goes according to the theory that I adhere to, then he certainly has a spirit. Now, I suppose what you are asking is whether he is "soulless" or not.

I have to say that considering that he cannot have the same emotions as "normal" people do, then by the standards that I adhere by,yes, he would be considered soulless. However, this is not a bad thing. What this simply means is that he is more connected to the spirit than he is to the physical. To me, that is a good thing.

Again, I am sorry that your family has to suffer through his traic experience. I hope that you know that he is indeed blessed in the sense that when he finally passes, the transition will be much easier for him that it is for the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My nephew definitely has the will to live. When they took off his breathing assistance the drs. figured he would not live very long. That was a few weeks ago and he has been perking along fine. They did shunt surgery and he is probably going home today. He is not on any form of life support other than a feeding tube and I don't feel like that is life support per se, but rather normal care that everybody partakes in. I have never seen the level of care that his parents have displayed. Whereas most would be upset and throwing their hands up and crying "why me" they have just been blessed by every minute that they have with him. They truly set a wonderful example for all that witness their love in action.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
@ Pylon

Yeah, Pylon, it certainly takes some strength to be able to deal with such a situation. It is funny how some can do it and others cannot. Your nephew,at least in one sense of the word, is a blessing to his parents. I am sure that they have found strength that they may have otherwise never known they had.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join