It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three blasts reported in Egypt resort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Three explosions have been reported in the Egyptian resort town of Dahab, on the east side of the Sinai peninsula.
Police said there were casualties in the blasts, according to the Associated Press news agency.

They said more than 20 ambulances and police cars were rushing to the el-Masbat area of the city, AP said.
BBC

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Looking for more information.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

CAIRO (Reuters) - Three explosions shook the Egyptian Sinai resort of Dahab on Monday and smoke could be seen rising from the town's tourist bazaar, witnesses said.

Residents said they saw body parts and debris on the street after an explosion at a restaurant. Media reports spoke of at least 100 dead and injured.
Yahoo News

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I see that the cowards are sticking with attacking weak objects. Nothing says "My side is right" like attacking restaurants, hotels, and markets. No doubt this latest attack is an example of how great their cause is.

www.haaretzdaily.com...

One blast hit a hotel, a second a restaurant and the third explosion rocked the resort town's market area.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
following the first figures, more than 100 people got killed .
a bomb exploded in a hotel and another one on a trade market. The last one probably in a restaurant but could not yet be confirmed.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
what hapenned this evening in dahab really disgusts me! I work in the tourism industry and have lots of clients visiting egypt! Why they want to target people who are enjoying a well-earned holiday? I am so angry!
so cowardly!
Fight like a man *censored*

[edit on 25-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Seems as though this has been increasing in that area tom...

news.yahoo.com...

There have been a string of attacks in Egypt's Sinai peninsula over 18 months. They included al-Qaida-style bombings in the resorts of Taba and Ras #an in October 2004, killing 34 people, and in the resort of Sharm el-Sheik in July 2005, killing 63.

Groups claiming links to al-Qaida took responsibility for those attacks. Egyptian authorities say new Islamic militant groups have arisen in the peninsula, but they are still trying to determine if they have any real connection to al-Qaida or other international terrorists.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
100? That's horrible, I do hope it turns out to be less than that.

These terrorists show no mercy, no remorse, that's what makes them so deadly. They're quite happy to blow up a hotel over a military target.

Scum.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Its horrible and sad.

I too wonder WHO is behind this. I could have predicted all hell is about to break loose.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hmm didn't Iran send spies or agents to carry out attack against Israel not to long ago?

new topics

top topics

join