It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Latino - US Anthem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

PODcast: Latino - US Anthem
After reading this thread, I wondered what a Latino flavored US anthem might sound like... Hmmm...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

length: 00:35
file: atscpod_1690.mp3
size: 551k
feed: btsm

[edit on 24-4-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Great job! What a beat!!! I love it- in fact, we should find a way for you to record the entire thing. (that would be some job)

+Standing ovation*

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks to you, dgtempe, I had a clue as to how to say that much! Many thanks for the help. I love to do stuff like this.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
All I can say is

You let me wanting some more, the beat was good very good.

MAS!!!!MAS!!! por favor!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
After reading this thread, I wondered what a Latino flavored US anthem might sound like... Hmmm...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Makes mental note to write his senators and members of congress asking them to make English the official language of the US

I did like the beat just not the language. Good job

[edit on 4/24/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Funny! I half-expected it to start with "Jose can you see......"

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Funny! I half-expected it to start with "Jose can you see......"

That's good! I wish I'd thought of that!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Its not only good, but the voice is great too!

I hope more people listen.

What a talent.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That was great BH, I loved it.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Sounded a lot like Enrique Iglesias' "Rhythm Divine". Or "Ritmo Total" as you 'spanish lovers' (pun on another song) may call it. I liked it. You should make the full song

No offense, but George Washington and all his Confederation buddies are probably rolling in their graves, however.

I also don't think the simple fact that the latinos can make awesome beats gives them an automatic right to be in your country illegally, either
. Plus you just proved that white people can do it just as well

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I also don't think the simple fact that the latinos can make awesome beats gives them an automatic right to be in your country illegally, either

Neither do I. Breaking the law would get me, a rightful citizen, in trouble so I would expect the same standards to be applied to everyone else. Of course my expectations of the lawmakers in this country seem to leave me disappointed lately.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That was awesome BH!! Sometimes the star spangled banner makes me cry when I hear it--maybe we need a national anthem we can dance to. We can get P-Diddy to do a remix...have hiphop version, a country version, and spanish version. One big ole melting pot.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

PODcast: Latino - US Anthem (reply 1)
Saphronia, what a great idea! Here's the country one. I'll leave the hip-hop version up to you!
Please?

I know I hit a few sour notes, but hey, it's all in fun, right? I ended up liking this version and I hate country music!

Hope you enjoy!

length: 01:41
file: btsmpod_1694.mp3
size: 1590k
feed:

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There now ya gone and done it, I want it changed to your beat immediately if not sooner. Well Done as Usual.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thanks, shots.

The laugh is just a nervous thing more than anything. And I liked the way it sounded, so I left it in. I'm laughing at myself.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
America The Musical

BH, excellent as usual.

For some reason I'm not seeing these come over the music feed (or any podcast feed), so I'm not sure what's up.

Great concept for a podthread, if you ask me. It should be interesting to see what other interpretations of the Star-Spangled Banner our little artisan community can come up with!

Hmm... I may have to see if I can whip together a "Boyz2Majic" version of that fine old English drinking song.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This podcast is in violation of the standards and practices memorandum incognito chapter.34 sub verse 7.51 aught 9.

Anyone caught listening to this podcast will be instantly pleased by the stylistic display of musical abilities and subject to aural enjoyment!

Stand down now or your ears will thank you.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
This podcast is in violation of the standards and practices memorandum incognito chapter.34 sub verse 7.51 aught 9.

That scared me!
I know I looked it up and it's Public Domain!

Glad you liked it.

Majic, PLEASE do another version! I'm trying to get SAF to do a hip-hop version, but so far, she seems to be ignoring me.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
American Idol, look OUT!

That was great, BH.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm not ignoring you CHICK!! Ha, I got finals this week. I'm all frizzle-frazzled. But, I'm on it!

new topics

top topics

join