It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Breaking Wind Break Wudu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'll grant that every religion has it's flaws, but I think I've seen the most ridiculous one ever today when I ran into Jan Haugland's tongue-in-cheek commentary of a Danish Muslim message board.

How Satan interferes with the bowel movements of the faithful

This serious problem came up on a Danish Muslim message board (which I just posted about in my Norwegian blog): What if you think you broke wind during wudu (ritual ablution before prayer) but aren't really sure? Breaking wind, as well as more drastic events, invalidates a wudu.

Satan, undoubtedly! Sneaky guy, interfering with bowel movements. An infidel may well believe such events are caused by the peas you ate for dinner, but that just demonstrates ignorance.

Jan has a fantastic blog (He's even mentioned ATS before) and is usually more serious than this, but I see his sense of humor shine through at times. I think he just finds this to be so over-the-top silly he just had to mention it. I agree. How crazy is it that you have to worry about gas during prayer time. If Allah expects them to pray 5 times a day, surely he must know that at some point it will be during an inconvenient time. So what are the options? Do you break wind, or break wudu?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Do sneeze-farts count???
Those are really not controllable.

I figure if God didn't want us to fart then he wouldn't have given us the ability.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Dr. Love, maybe they cancel each other out . . . .
you know, equal and opposite reactions, and all that.

Peace.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

I figure if God didn't want us to fart then he wouldn't have given us the ability.

on the other hand, the ability is given so that you can exercise free will.

It's one thing to fart cause you have to. It's another thing to lift one leg and try to maximize reverberations, just for show.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

the ability is given so that you can exercise free will

You guys crack me up. I guess I should expect no less when I start a thread that is based on farting.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yup. It breaks wudu. Don't see the problem, though. Just do wudu again. It's a 30 seconds worth of work.

join