It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in the Candyman?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So I have always wondered about the urban legend of the legendary Candy man and Bloody Mary. I have a true belief they are factious characters. However, if I try to say Bloody Mary however many times in the mirror, I can never bring myself to complete the chant as you may call it. Now I'm curious if anyone has ever "called upon" Candy man or Bloody Mary. Am I just paranoid? Or is it an inner fear that they really do exist? Your thoughts please.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I haven't ever heard of candyman existing outside of the movies. I have heard the bloody mary one, that you repeat 'bloody mary' a number of times (3, 7, ?) in front of a mirror and then the virgin mary appears in the mirror, as if she were standing behind you, dripping with blood.

Seems....unlikely.

Also notice that it picks up on a 'scare tactic' or fear that 'something is behind you', and that people seeing things in mirrors happens a lot in scary movies. Thats probably the cultural source for these things.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
No No, These things cannot be real. Dont you think if Candyman were real there would be some evidence like´.. well i dunno, i dead person infront of a mirror with no murder suspect for miles?

In the case of bloody mary, if a woman appeared in the mirror everytime you chanted her name, then there would be religions based on this phenomenon. Basically what im saying is that if it were so easy to summon a spirit then everyone would try it and see for themselves.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I believe I really enjoyed that Candyman flick when it came out - pretty good! I have actually never heard of the Bloody Mary one until now, so I just (for some reason nervously) tried it and nothing happened after repeating it about 17 times.

So, I gotta call them both "fup".

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Bripe I give you credit for actually trying the urban legend. I still to this day won't completely say bloody mary or candyman however many times.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Ahhhh, give credit where it's due. If it involved anything about "The Blob" (the original flick), I'd have ran screaming from the thread.
Granted, when I first saw Candyman, though, I don't think you could have gotten me to do it.

[edit on 25/5/06 by Bripe Klmun]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
When I was younger, there was a challenge set amongst my friends. You had to wait until you were home alone at night, go to the bathroom, close the door, turn out the light and stand facing the toilet. Next, you very slowly chant, 'Satan stroke my back', 13 times and then flush.

Obviously there was no way to verify whether or not anybody actually managed it - I tried, but couldn't go through with it! All my friends claimed they had done it, and their backs were stroked!!, obviously they were lying, but at the time, (we were all around age 11), it was scary.

This was 19 years ago, and even now I'm older, wiser, believe in very little supernatural type things, (and certainly not satan), I still think I would struggle to go through with it!!!

It's totally irrational, and I'm 100% certain nothing would happen, but I still wouldn't do it now - WHY??

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I riyes to say bloody mary however many times but only got to 3 I still wont do it.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
the candy man actually freeks me out lol i just remember from the movie they chanting "candy man, caannddyyy man" sends shivers down my spine lol
as for the bloody mary iv never tried it even though i know they are urban legand and unlikly to be real i just cant bring myself to say the words what always pops into my head is a simple 2 words 'what if....'

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well when I was that age, I was told that you had to say Bloody Mary something like 15-30 times. (Maybe with your eyes closed?) By the time you finished your eyes got used to the dark and when you looked at the mirror, you saw yourself, only as a dark shadow of course.

I wouldnt reccommend standing in front of a mirror calling upon Satan, because looking into a mirror or crystal and calling a spirit by name is how you summon spirits. Shaman and witches have been doing it for years.

I did "bloody mary" all the time, even forced others into the bathroom with me when I was saying Bloody Mary... nothing ever happened..... Wait....whos there?.... someones here... its... oh my god!! its Bloody Mary!! shes finally come for me.... AAAAAAAAaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I do... afterall, it's me! hehehe

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
When i watched the movie with some mates.... we were scared as hell... yet we sat in front of a mirror and called upon Bloody Mary. Because we were so scared any noise or reflection was made by the Bloody Mary... the movie scares you into believing she is there even when you clearly see she's not.

Same with the candy man... and writing " red rum " on the wall and in the reflection it says murder.

We get so scared we believe things are there.

Oni x x

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I remember when I was younger , 7 years maybe.
Everyone talked about 'Bloody Mary' and how it would be like to test the 'mirror thing'.

I also remember that I was forced in to the bathroom by 2 guys(from my class)
because no one wanted to go with them. Not a very good idea to be 3 inside the bathroom, because the bathroom was very small.

I was covering my eyes while they splashed some water on the mirror and chanted 'Bloody mary'. They were going to say bloody Mary 10 times but they started screaming when they came to 9. They opened the door and dragged me along with them.

We were so scared, but I didn't know what they had seen. I didn't bother to ask since I wouldn't believe them because they where 'the school clowns' and lied alot too.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i've never heard of the candyman thing! omg well i might just be too young to have heard of tht ....but i do kno about bloody mary! lol i've tried it about a billion times...with no ill effects....except getting the living...well you know...scared out of me! nothing ever happens when you do these kind of things....that i know of...and yeah i agree about the satan/mirror thing...not a good idea lol has anyone heard of the catscratch one?? its where you tell this story about something (i havent heard it) to do with catscratches lol and when your done u have scratches all up and down ur back...havent tried it but my friends all say it works...(i highly doubt it) ne body able to explain the story?

~*KmD*~
:w:dee dee dee!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I remeber hearing about bloody mary back in grammar school. Since I had already had experince with ghosts at the time, and never been hurt I tried it on several several occasions. Each time I thought it would work but it never did. The only different thing for me was, if I remeber correctly I was suposed to be invoking the ghost of Mary Queen of Scots a.k.a. Bloody Mary.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Bloody Mary is actually a corruption of the "Bell Witch" of Adams County, Tennessee. I posted my own thread on my experiences in this regard.

If you are anywhere in Adams county, or the adjoining counties, and stand in front of the mirror alone, chanting "I hate the Bell Witch" she will reach out and try to touch you from the mirror

so they say.

My "bell witch" post

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
what ever happened to your picksof the bell witch? those would definitly be interesting.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have two of them right here. Must convince my "IT person" (my wife) to scan them so I can post them anonymously.

I'll bump this thread too when I post them on my original thread about the BW.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
thanks I can't wait.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
Ahhhh, give credit where it's due. If it involved anything about "The Blob" (the original flick), I'd have ran screaming from the thread.
Granted, when I first saw Candyman, though, I don't think you could have gotten me to do it.

[edit on 25/5/06 by Bripe Klmun]

HAHAHAHA, I agree! I just can't get myself to say Candyman 5 times after seeing all three movies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join