It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible code predicts nuclear attack on Miami

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Tom Gaston, a Bible code enthusiast has released another set of codes. This new set predicts a nuclear attack on Miami sometime this year. He posted these three pages in the fivedoves.com forum.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Mr. Gaston found Bible codes in June 2002 suggesting that Chicago would be attacked by terrorist on July 4, 2002. He encouraged others to pray a prayer of intercession for the protection of Chicago from the terrorist’s plans. When that attack did not take place, many people claimed that it was the prayers of intercession that prevented the attacks.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
See, but that sounds like a cop-out when you put it that way. We found an "event" now let's pray that it doesn't happen. Now you've won no matter what the outcome. If Miami is nuked then you'll be hailed as the discoverer of some ancient prophecy, but if it doesn't happen you can boast about how the event was stopped due to all the prayers of your group.

I'm not saying that prayer doesn't work or that the Bible codes are completely false, but this is really stretching things quite a bit. There's quite enough mystery with some of the clearly readable prophecies in the Bible without making up more to try to figure out. Obviously this guy has all the visions of Daniel and the apostle John figured out and is now looking for more things to work out. I frown in slight disapproval when I see these Bible codes. I think it makes Christianity look bad. People think we're wack-o already.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It looks to me like all of these Bible codes enthusiast are jumping on the "Rabin assasination" bandwagon. They hope to be the next person to actually predict something that happens by using Bible codes. As far as I know, the assasination was the only Bible code prediction that actuallly came true.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I heard something not quite like this on another website. That Florida would be invaded and it would get so bad, this government would set off a nuke to prevent them from entering inland any further.

BTW, do you have the link to the main website? Thx.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
It looks to me like all of these Bible codes enthusiast are jumping on the "Rabin assasination" bandwagon. They hope to be the next person to actually predict something that

What that prediction actually made before the event or did someone "find" it after the fact? I watched part of show about Nostradamus this weekend and that was the biggest criticism of the guy. People look back on history to find meanings for his prophecies instead of predicting future events. To stay on topic, I just mainly think that people use the Bible codes in this manner. The find an event and then go back and find the code for it in the Bible.

I suppose that the exception to this are sites like exodus2006.com and the one that you mentioned. I don't remember anyone actually predicting future events with Bible codes.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
dbates, Exactly!

When was that found? Notice the subject matter is to look for nukes.
It was decided before approaching this text, that the priority was looking on information of nukes.

Its not like the words JUMPED out...they were methodically looked for....

I could probably find my life story in the phone book if i had the time.

Its possible this could be true. I dont know if its probable.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sorry, did not mean to get off topic, but I was trying to explain why there are so many people looking for future events. If my memory serves me correctly, Rabin was supposedly warned about the Bible code.

Back on topic, though, "nuclear" is as good as any word to go searching for Bible codes. The error in thinking is, if we can find Bible codes that show past events are in the code, perhaps we can discover future events.

There are two reasons for this:

1. To warn and perhaps change the outcome.

2. To "prove" the validity of Bible codes.

Unfortunately, number one is often claimed to be proof of number two as in the original post.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
What that prediction actually made before the event or did someone "find" it after the fact?

Whether or not one subscribes to findings such as the ‘Bible Code’ the information exists on the assassination attempt of Rabin.

The full story and chronology of events is contained in the linked book below with commentary. Three were apparently factual warnings given to Rabin and attempts to stop his travel etc. prior to his assassination.

Drosnin says he discovered the prediction about Rabin a year before the 1995 assassination, and tried to warn the prime minister of the danger.
Commentary I

After learning about the code, Michael Drosnin, the author, sent a message to Rabin warning him of the possible assassination attempt. The code even contained the location of the assassination, the date, and the name of the assassin "Amir."
Comentary II

The author provides some compelling evidence on this particular topic, perhaps more fact than fiction. However, the 'event' was used as a 'validation' of sorts for the remaining 'possible future' literary content.

mg

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This just in, Tale of Two Cities code predicts that Mcdonalds will be destroyed in a nuclear attack.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Sorry, did not mean to get off topic,

No, I just wanted to make sure this didn't spin off into a discussion on Nostradamus. The Rabin topic is right in with the Bible codes. Apparently the Rabin prediction was made before the assassination, but that is probably the only accurate prediction made in advance to date.

Dr. Eliyahu Rips from the Department of Mathematics at Hebrew University gave an interesting opinion on the topic.

CNN - Mathematician critical of 'Bible Code' bestseller
It is literally impossible to make future predictions based on codes. Mr. Drosnin's book (The Bible Codes) does have some examples of codes that are statistically significant, and some that aren't, and the problem is that any layman reading that book will have no way of making a distinction.

I think I'm leaning toward his line of thought. There may be codes in the Bible, but it's not a crystal ball for predicting the future.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Did anyone notice that on page 2 is a code which reads "Bush Dead"? I wonder which Bush this refers to.

The most imprtant thing I noticed is what is missing. There is no month or day, only a year, 2006. Perhaps this is a new tactic in Bible code research.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Sounds like they are trying hard to show how wrong they are,bring up some bizarre theory,write some books make a movie,and it will prove that their theory has less chances of comming thru than Hillary Clinton becoming a nun

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
While I'm not sure if the Bible codes are true or not, I don't think they are any more of a stretch than most of what people believe on this site. Like Slyvia brown and the astrologers, physics etc etc. I don't think most believers in the Bible code are trying to trick people or make money off them. Just to share a posibility.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There are very few bible code 'prophecies' that predict the future.
Usually they are found after the event happens and people go back
looking for them.

I'll keep an eye on this to see if it comes true.
(highly doubt it will)

BTW - one other bible code 'prophecy' that was put out before
the event was that Laura Bush was going to die in a helicpoter
crash last fall. It didn't happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OK. educate me here. How can a Bible code, that was made before the birth of Christ have extent knowledge on what 'NUCLEAR' means? If they had this knowledge, then why did it not exist then? Maybe i have misread the quote somewhere?

I have said before in other threads that quote Bible premonitions, it is only the readers view point and interpretation of the quote.

I stand corrected and educated if i am wrong here.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
OK. educate me here. How can a Bible code, that was made before the birth of Christ have extent knowledge on what 'NUCLEAR' means? If they had this knowledge, then why did it not exist then? Maybe i have misread the quote somewhere?
[edit on 25-4-2006 by Bikereddie]

The idea is that God lead the hand of those who wrote the Bible. This theory claims that He coded the entire history of the world in the Bible and by looking for certain words (the letters of which are spaced in equal distatances) in the original Hebrew text, one may find past or even future events. It's kind of like a word search puzzle once you find the original word. So the folks living ing in the B.C. era may not know what nuclear was, but God has always known.

Equi-distatance word spacing has been discovered in other works, so one could conclude from this that Moby Dick is also an inspired Word of God.

IMHO Bible codes distract from the message of the Bible and turn it into nothing more than a fortune telling device. Hope that helps to clear things up for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There are very few bible code 'prophecies' that predict the future.
Usually they are found after the event happens and people go back
looking for them.

Exactly, someone did that with the Shuttle columbia as well. They even had a diagram of it, the words lined up to draw a shuttle, with one word, possibly "fire" going into the left wing.

The bible codes can't be true, or if they are, then why can you make them in any book such as Moby Dick.

I saw one thing about this a week ago, Drosnin asked anyone to find assassinations of world leaders in Moby Dick. Someone interviewed on the program found the assassination of Drosnin in Moby Dick (not that he's a world leader) and found that he would be killed in greece.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
darkelf and Bobby Gaston,

You guys are right about the biblical code but…very wrong about how to read it. We, at NSA have spent seven months decoding the bible and building a template to translate the entire word of god. We used our laned P5 super computer to do the probability math conversion and verified it with our chaos software.

I cannot reveal the code but I will tell you what the predictions are relative to Miami.
First of all, it does not say anything about a nuclear attack on anywhere. The writers of the bible not only had no knowledge of anything nuclear, they didn’t have a clue that someplace such as Miami existed. The correct prediction is simply…”if you want kosher Cuban food, you can get it here!” That’s it.

What Bobby read as nuclear should have been translated as…nuke u lar. This was the advanced science of the day and the world authority is our very own god appointed President who speaks regularly about the new “nukeular sighance”.

Another prediction, which if Bobby knew anything besides fantasy he would not have missed is…that Honda, originally known for engines that couldn’t make the 100,000 mile mark before self destruction, would spend enough money to dominate Formula Racing.

The code also allows us to predict the downfall of ENRON and other special interest corporations which own republican politicians.

Finally, it predicted that Mary down the street (about four houses from mine) would do well in her middle school spelling bee and this is verified by her third place finish just last week.

So, don’t go waxing all well informed when you guys don’t have a clue about bible code. Just call us over at NSA and if we have clearance, Hell, we’ll jest tell Ya.

Sayswho (skep by any other name)

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sayswho
We, at NSA have spent seven months decoding the bible and building a template

What exactly is your job within NSA? Decoding? Seven months trying to decode the bible codes seems such a short period of time to be able to positively say that others are wrong in how they interpret the codes.

I wait with great interest about having someone who works within NSA, explain any issues that we find hard to grasp.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Bikereddie]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join